Grubber
326 | 9
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
try it, you might be surprised
Hiehvorak
Pit Knight
100 | 6
I must say I'm impressed with that weapon in clearing kurast 3K, but is it worth losing the shower of rock proc for this cataclysm proc?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
normaly a good craft has more physical damage than the Emberstorm , also the SoR proc deals better weapon damage compared to most of the procs of that type , combined also with the benefits of debuff (12% ctc Flury of Javelins proc is also worth a try ) . If you are using Spellbind as often as possible , then the SoR debuff is not so mandatory , while all is left to compare are the procs .

Cataclysm is dealing decent fire damage if you got some energy investments and %fire spell damage/spell pierce when you use it as a caster . For a weapon damage build that does not invest into boosting elemental spells , the only good thing about that proc is that it is dealing quite a lot of damage if the opponents are close to the place it procs (more fireballs hit the same target) .

overall , i would not trade a good craft for Emberstorm , but you may try it for the flavour and decide yourself if it suits you or not .

good luck !

i've been away from gaming since more than a week ago as i had a lot of work to do moving to my brand new appartment and the busy days may continue a bit more (there is still stuff to be put at place ) . i will probably proceed with the updates to the remaining miniguides in about 2-3 days .
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
won't she lose the fire elementals if she switches away from mistress of pain orb?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
those Fire Elementals are just some extra end game flavour . without their hp being boosted by the Spellbind like they would for an Amazon , they are just some extra meatshield with nice proc on death . the real tanks are the Ice elementals and the Blade Sprits .

switching between attacks gets the FE numbers halved , so it's ok just to summon just 7 or 8 all the time (same like for barbarians using Colliding Fury ) .

that Orb is also having tons of -%ECR and GotW oskill , so the Fire elementals are just the extra bonus . Also , that item was there in the miniguide since many patches ago , it's not a new feature .
Thequiet
Fallen
1 | 0
Wasn't there an Arthas build on here before? I swear I saw it a week ago or so but I can't seem to find it anymore.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
yes , it was , but it was unfinished (it was marked with "work in progress"), it was missing the end game part which i had no time to test . i'll add it back when it's done , but right now he's not in my plans . i got quite a few such builds waiting to be finished and added to the compilation but my spare time does not allow me to focus on them for the moment as there are still some miniguides needing to be updated to 1.3 first . i'll be adding the new ones only after i finish the updates to the remaining sorc and assassin builds
Mikes0
Destroyer
7 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
any1 tried the thundercrack seems nice, but is really that good?
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I'm trying out summonsin with Sha claw, Ix shield and laz set cap+belt+armor, I've got vindicate from a priestess merc for the regen and it seems to be keeping the summons alive nicely, gonna see how it works out in destruction :D