Fire Paladin - Unholy Caster Guide[1.3]

Afzofa
Thunder Beetle
57 | 0
I've finished destruction difficulty now, my only question left is what are the best places to farm for SUs and other end-game gear?
Afzofa
Thunder Beetle
57 | 0
Also, can you recommend me any other high quality guides?
This helped me through my first MXL playthrough, and it was one of the highest quality guides I have ever seen regarding Diablo 2, and I personally thank you, Scarlet Edge, for it.
I cant seem to find any guides similar to yours for other classes and builds.
Wish you the best of luck!
and thank you as well to HechtHeftig for answering a lot of my questions in the short questions thread as well as here.
etmoi2
Invader
9 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
hey! have you tried the wrath skill that can roll on paly helm? if yes does it wroth it?
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Afzofa wrote:I've finished destruction difficulty now, my only question left is what are the best places to farm for SUs and other end-game gear?

Normally Tran Athulua for uniques. You also have other options like K3KBA for shrines, Jungles for signets and Teganze for Runestones.

Afzofa wrote:Also, can you recommend me any other high quality guides?
This helped me through my first MXL playthrough, and it was one of the highest quality guides I have ever seen regarding Diablo 2, and I personally thank you, Scarlet Edge, for it.
I cant seem to find any guides similar to yours for other classes and builds.
Wish you the best of luck!
and thank you as well to HechtHeftig for answering a lot of my questions in the short questions thread as well as here.

While I can't say which guides are up to your standards or not, I believe other guides are plenty viable if they're labelled 1.2 or 1.3. And thanks :D
I'm glad you found it useful.

etmoi2 wrote:hey! have you tried the wrath skill that can roll on paly helm? if yes does it wroth it?

While I haven't fully tested it myself, I believe it can be quite viable given that there's an entire guide dedicated to it somewhere in the guide section.
Afzofa
Thunder Beetle
57 | 0
just to clarify, Kabraxis stone rune is Xis right?
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
yes
Afzofa
Thunder Beetle
57 | 0
From where do you get the pentagram skill? Is it an oSkill from crafted gear or is it part of an SU?
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Afzofa wrote:From where do you get the pentagram skill? Is it an oSkill from crafted gear or is it part of an SU?

Its an optional oskil you can get from Crafted Scepters and
Hepsheeba's Mantle
Hepsheeba's Mantle
Chain Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (6060 - 7575) to (6854 - 8568)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 600
Item Level: 105
+(2 to 4) to Paladin Skill Levels
+(2 to 4) to Sorceress Skill Levels
30% Cast Speed
-(20 to 30)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(15 to 25) to Pentagram
+(140 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+100 Life Regenerated per Second
Maximum Fire Resist +3%
Socketed (6)
tonyawk
Destroyer
6 | 0
Hey, firstly thank you ScarletEdge for your guide, I discovered median xl recently and your guides are excellent.

I tried the ladder with unholy caster, I love it but I have two questions :

I - I'm very attract by the poison way, have you try devouring cloud, I feel that it is more efficient and fun than lorenado but may be I'm wrong ?

II - What is the most efficient rare sacred items that I need to farm for mid and end game ? Just the highest armor and qlvl items like ancient armor, plated belt, gauntlets etc... ? or something between with less STR / DEX requirement in order to put more point in VIT / NRG ?
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
tonyawk wrote:Hey, firstly thank you ScarletEdge for your guide, I discovered median xl recently and your guides are excellent.

I tried the ladder with unholy caster, I love it but I have two questions :

I - I'm very attract by the poison way, have you try devouring cloud, I feel that it is more efficient and fun than lorenado but may be I'm wrong ?

II - What is the most efficient rare sacred items that I need to farm for mid and end game ? Just the highest armor and qlvl items like ancient armor, plated belt, gauntlets etc... ? or something between with less STR / DEX requirement in order to put more point in VIT / NRG ?

Thanks. Anyway:

1) I think they should be just as viable. It depends on your preference I suppose.

2) You should use the highest bases you can find. Stormlord takes care of your stat requirements. Except body armor. Here you have the option of using Ancient Armor for maximum defense at the price of 15% movement penalty, or Light Plate with less defense than AA but no movement penalty. I usually go for the latter for more comfortable movement.