Discuss Median XL!
krex87
Cog
205 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
let's say i found a Sacred Armor COTW last night. I know the skill was changed recently - is that still a good COTW? Boost defense stats a lot for like 10 or so seconds..?
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
ChuckNoRis wrote:
madgod wrote:So, being still very new at this mod, i am full of questions still. I always see COTW being mentioned about how OP they are, and im just wondering what makes them so good. is it all the Oskills that you normally cant get or what
the "1-pointers" are the actual overpowered stuff to get from COTW (take Stormblast for example ) . the others that are crapy as 1-pointers and need many points to be efficient (take 1-pointer Flamefront as example) are actualy worthless . so more than half of the COTW-s are crap .

rumblealex wrote:
madgod wrote:So, being still very new at this mod, i am full of questions still. I always see COTW being mentioned about how OP they are, and im just wondering what makes them so good. is it all the Oskills that you normally cant get or what

Thank you both
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
krex87 wrote:let's say i found a Sacred Armor COTW last night. I know the skill was changed recently - is that still a good COTW? Boost defense stats a lot for like 10 or so seconds..?
i believe you could be confusing Sacred armor with Demiurge . Sacred armor provides life regeneration , 25% magic resist and 1k base defense per hard point + negative velocity unless you invest into Rapture . lasts about 6 seconds at 15 sec timer . it's not shining as 1-pointer

if it is Demiurge you are talking about , then it is crapy too as you only get 50 flat AA for 1-pointer COTW that also lasts around 6 seconds at 15 sec cooldown . you need more hard points into it to make it worth
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
What is the best runeword for a Taha rune in everyones opinion? A very nice player gave me one today and i have no idea how to best utilize it.
rumblealex
Lava Lord
96 | 90
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
madgod wrote:What is the best runeword for a Taha rune in everyones opinion? A very nice player gave me one today and i have no idea how to best utilize it.

You can't go wrong with
Drekavac
. +1 all skills, and more importantly, +1 to maximum skill level. Even if you don't need the gloves, you can equip them, spend 1 more skill point per skill, then switch back to better gloves. Same goes for
Hellfire Plate

Hellfire Plate
Body Armors

'IgnJahGurRhal'
Runeword Level: 115
+1% Innate Elemental Damage per 250 Strength and Dexterity
15% Chance to cast level 9 Life Spark on Melee Attack
20% Attack Speed
+250 Fire Damage
-(11 to 15)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Maximum Life +(3 to 5)%
Maximum Elemental Resists +(1 to 2)%
Fire Resist +(10 to 20)%
Lightning Resist +(10 to 20)%
Cold Resist +(10 to 20)%
Poison Resist +(10 to 20)%
Physical Resist (7 to 10)%
. Ancient blood gives +1 to max skill level.

In any case, you can make the gloves RW, then use a potion of disjunction with 3 perfect gems to break the RW and get your rune back, so you can make another runeword if you're interested in one.
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
rumblealex wrote:
madgod wrote:What is the best runeword for a Taha rune in everyones opinion? A very nice player gave me one today and i have no idea how to best utilize it.

You can't go wrong with
Drekavac
. +1 all skills, and more importantly, +1 to maximum skill level. Even if you don't need the gloves, you can equip them, spend 1 more skill point per skill, then switch back to better gloves. Same goes for
Hellfire Plate

Hellfire Plate
Body Armors

'IgnJahGurRhal'
20% Attack Speed
+250 Fire Damage
Maximum Life +(3 to 5)%
Fire Resist +(10 to 20)%
Cold Resist +(10 to 20)%

In any case, you can make the gloves RW, then use a potion of disjunction with 3 perfect gems to break the RW and get your rune back, so you can make another runeword if you're interested in one.

Thats a really good idea thanks i never thought of that. I was almost leaning towards
Eidolon
Eidolon
Helms

'QorSil'
Runeword Level: 100
+2 to All Skills
10% Combat Speeds
Adds 3-5 Damage
Adds 7-15 Damage
5% Deadly Strike
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(20 to 25)% to All Attributes
Elemental Resists +(35 to 40)%
(25 to 30)% Bonus to Defense
+4 to Light Radius
to start as i am just getting back into it this ladder, but i might just do that suggestion.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
rumblealex wrote:

You can't go wrong with
Drekavac
Hellfire Plate

Hellfire Plate
Body Armors

'IgnJahGurRhal'
20% Attack Speed
+250 Fire Damage
Maximum Life +(3 to 5)%
Fire Resist +(10 to 20)%
Cold Resist +(10 to 20)%

I thought we can't unsocket Great Runes??
rumblealex
Lava Lord
96 | 90
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
tranvanhieu wrote:I thought we can't unsocket Great Runes??

Doesn't say 'can't be unsocketed' like it does on Xis rune and CotW jewel. I rerolled my hellfire plate like 10 times before I got a good roll, and rerolled my
Linga Sharira
a few times too to get perfect enhanced def.
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
If you use the rare downlevel recipe on an item will it cancel the roll of procs on said item?

Like can procs still roll on it at all
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
madgod wrote:If you use the rare downlevel recipe on an item will it cancel the roll of procs on said item?

Like can procs still roll on it at all
it depends on the affix level of the proc https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes