Harbinger Wolf Druid Full Guide [1.3]

Whyred
Balrog
133 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Thanks for a fine guide.

I have a question about weapons. I'm looking for a socketed great sword to make the Void RW, but I should MO the sword before i put in the jewels right? Which stats should I MO? And how much ias do I need with a sword like that?
Thanks
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Whyred wrote:Thanks for a fine guide.

I have a question about weapons. I'm looking for a socketed great sword to make the Void RW, but I should MO the sword before i put in the jewels right? Which stats should I MO? And how much ias do I need with a sword like that?
Thanks

Mo Attack speed AND Damage OR crushing blow

you should get 90 ias with Mo's and ias jwls
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Hey Tkorpi I was wondering, ever since mana Pulse got a rework and it's actually amazing now, maybe it's time to uodate the early game items? For instance instead of prioritizing mana on striking/on kills, maybe opt for featherclaw/lionpaw? Perhaps even suggest another item than Void?
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Wulf wrote:Hey Tkorpi I was wondering, ever since mana Pulse got a rework and it's actually amazing now, maybe it's time to uodate the early game items? For instance instead of prioritizing mana on striking/on kills, maybe opt for featherclaw/lionpaw? Perhaps even suggest another item than Void?

lower levels you still dont have pretty huge mana pool so you still run out of mana very fast witouth mana on kill / striking. with void runeword you are right there is now better options than that. Featherclaw gives dex , ias , ar wich you dont need as ias doesnt work and you allready have AR on your wolf form. lionpaw are good alternative option :)
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
I'm leveling a Wolf right now and I found lvl 70-90 to be the hardest. The problem isn't really the dmg output, but surviability. Because you don't have Lifeshield / Avoid and need to allocate all your attribute points in str to wear your T6 gear, you barely have 2-3k hp to go through Terror. Even with capped resistances you get almsot 2 shotted by every melee mobs. I haven't tested it myself, but perhaps a 1h weapon + shield would be a better route in the leveling process than the one I went with (TU6 Great Sword).

If I may make a suggestion,
Kodo
shield looks pretty decent early on. Every single affix on it is relevant. Obviously,
Void
Void
Weapons

'Sur'
Runeword Level: 75
Adds 7-13 Damage
+(58 to 72)% Enhanced Damage
Slow Target 20%
Regenerate Mana +15%
Cold Resist +40%
Physical Damage Reduced by (11 to 15)
+(3 to 5) Mana on Striking
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
remains a viable choice because of the 33% slow, which increases your tankiness.
Urada
seems very nice too on paper.
Azrael
looks like a very nice option too for 45-90.

The problem I see with this is the dex cost of shields, but since you wouldn't need 570 str to wear TU GS, it leaves some spare points. As soon as I hit lvl 90, I'll test out the shield and see how I like it for 90-120.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Wulf wrote:I'm leveling a Wolf right now and I found lvl 70-90 to be the hardest. The problem isn't really the dmg output, but surviability. Because you don't have Lifeshield / Avoid and need to allocate all your attribute points in str to wear your T6 gear, you barely have 2-3k hp to go through Terror. Even with capped resistances you get almsot 2 shotted by every melee mobs. I haven't tested it myself, but perhaps a 1h weapon + shield would be a better route in the leveling process than the one I went with (TU6 Great Sword).

Kodo
shield looks pretty decent early on. Every single affix on it is relevant. Obviously,
Void
Void
Weapons

'Sur'
Adds 7-13 Damage
Slow Target 20%
Regenerate Mana +15%
Cold Resist +40%
remains a viable choice because of the 33% slow, which increases your tankiness.
Urada
Azrael

The problem I see with this is the dex cost of shields, but since you wouldn't need 570 str to wear TU GS, it leaves some spare points. As soon as I hit lvl 90, I'll test out the shield and see how I like it for 90-120.

Druid's strength will take a giant leap after you get level 90 with the Unnead skill (+Life and Armor), just get to level 90, and the game is much more easier. No Vitality needed.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
tranvanhieu wrote:
Wulf wrote:I'm leveling a Wolf right now and I found lvl 70-90 to be the hardest. The problem isn't really the dmg output, but surviability. Because you don't have Lifeshield / Avoid and need to allocate all your attribute points in str to wear your T6 gear, you barely have 2-3k hp to go through Terror. Even with capped resistances you get almsot 2 shotted by every melee mobs. I haven't tested it myself, but perhaps a 1h weapon + shield would be a better route in the leveling process than the one I went with (TU6 Great Sword).

Kodo
Void
Void
Weapons

'Sur'
Adds 7-13 Damage
Slow Target 20%
Regenerate Mana +15%
Cold Resist +40%
Urada
Azrael

Druid's strength will take a giant leap after you get level 90 with the Unnead skill (+Life and Armor), just get to level 90, and the game is much more easier. No Vitality needed.

This. level 90 is a huge powerspike. level 70-90 use
Azrael
Kali
Kali
Gloves

'LumKo'
Runeword Level: 48
15% Chance to cast level 13 Seal of Fire on Kill
+2 to All Skills
+15% to Summoned Minion Resistances
-214 Defense
5% to Strength
Maximum Fire Resist +4%
Fire Resist +25%
combination and you should be pretty fine also A3 merc rises your tankiness up as he stands over you when you are harbing over the monsters. you can think him as 50% damage reduction as he takes about half of the hits when he stands over you if the attack is not spell or piercing type.
flamingfury69
Prowler
18 | 0
Hey, what's happen with my wolf druid ? He got one shot by anything in Hatred -> Destruction, I don't know why, lol.
( 9k5 hp and 100k def, monster in blood moor hatred one shot him )
Oh I found a problem, the demonic speed skill :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
flamingfury69 wrote:Hey, what's happen with my wolf druid ? He got one shot by anything in Hatred -> Destruction, I don't know why, lol.
( 9k5 hp and 100k def, monster in blood moor hatred one shot him )
Oh I found a problem, the demonic speed skill :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:mrgreen:
Arnold
Prowler
16 | 0
Tkorpi wrote:
vvvatlas wrote:Is 275% ias with Dao/2h overkill. I'm not sure what the breaking point is.

110% attack speed on weapon is enough. attack speed on other itemns doesnt work on wolf.

I wanna play wolf, but untill i saw this comment :? . Is this a bug, and does it work now?
Edited: All IAS work on wolf form, i have just tested!