Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
oztor wrote:What about Duncraig barrels?

id say we wait for asking specific questions like this once the game is out
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Thanks for addressing my worries.

Marco wrote:
Unda wrote:The changes Im against is removal of debuffs like miasma and spellbind (player got that skills from tree or procs, so should accept the fact monsters are capable of using one too), my first thought was its taking off some spice and variety mod had but maybe you got plans for future which can add monsters who will be able to reflect (cast back) players/mercenaries debuffs.

I addressed this concern in reddit, so let me paste it back here:

Marco wrote:We should probably have put more details in the "monster curses" paragraph. It's only a total of 4 effects removed:

• Melee-only aura from hellcats
  • Stat-reduce curse from fallen knights
  • Prevent-heal from nightmare curse
  • Porkchops
And the effects of spellbind/miasma were reduced, but this is due to a different rework. There are still lots of additional monster curses/debuffs in the game: SoR, Chronofield, Mythal, Amplify Damage, Banish, Colosseum, Unseelie, etc. The unfriendlyness with HC & glitching of the removed effects were just not worth it.

So yeah, it kind of looked like we just got rid of all debuffs or something, but not the case. Sorry :)

Thats awesome miasma and spellbind will still exist in monsters arsenal, I catched myself coming back to Lower/Upper/Bazaar Kurast areas cuz variety of monsters here and how they can synergy with each other in crusade against player, that areas thanks to them had kind of pure wilderness feel to it.

Right, didnt checked reddit posts, from now on I will.

My thoughts here are that only Stat-reduce curse and Prevent-heal were bugged and broken due to lack of other mechanics in current engine.

On the other hand Melee-only aura and even Porkchops were easily countered by just using any mercenary even ranged mercenary (imo when we think about any main character build natural part of it should be mercenary), its that simple and I dont think its too hard for newbie players to learn about, so my vote would be to keep both as they also provide some challenge in tactics. Dunno maybe solution is to place them in specific area of maps like unique monsters, so newbie players could learn on their mistakes, way better than castration of such awesome monsters.

Got also question about reanimated monsters skills in Sigma, in past some monsters skills was not exact same as later reanimated, will you keep it that way or there are plans for making them 1:1? If answer is NOT, then I hope there will be list of reanimates including their nerfed stats on site or wiki.

Marco wrote:
Unda wrote:About 1HKO's I hope you didnt removed Detonators and Firebloods, as mentioned above its spice that mod needs, even on hardcore.

We did not, at least I think firebloods are fine, detonator I'm not fully sure still.
This is partly why we clarified on why 1HKOs are over-represented and we are looking to get rid of the inherent-1HKOs only

Thats good, the only issue I can imagine as problematic for newbies is that the triggered effect after killing Detonators can be hidden under other skills sprites so player can be unaware whats coming... :mrgreen:. I think there is few ways of making this better visible. Firebloods should stay as they are in stealth mode till spamming Molten Boulder, its slowly moving salty balls are way better visible than mentioned Detonators after-kill effect.
Doomsday
Bone Archer
76 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
oztor wrote:
Marco wrote:This is partly why we clarified on why 1HKOs are over-represented and we are looking to get rid of the inherent-1HKOs only

What about Duncraig barrels?

yeah rigth, would be great if they change the barrels dmg
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Well, so far nobody has mentioned better quest rewards. Yeah, nobody plays this game for quest rewards, but cmon, instead of the same boring rings and runes - some craftable materials and crafting "tools" - good for leaning curve also.
Engersion
Sasquatch
65 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Marco wrote:We did not, at least I think firebloods are fine, detonator I'm not fully sure still.
This is partly why we clarified on why 1HKOs are over-represented and we are looking to get rid of the inherent-1HKOs only

Honestly, I think the problem is more about how one-shots are tied to character progression and how little control players have over them. Firebloods and Detonators only cause problems to characters that are still progressing to endgame. Even then, I think the damage coefficients of the monsters' attacks are fine. Players just need a little more time to react to them. In the case of Fireblood, the boulder almost never causes players problems. The main problem comes from the lava trailing behind the boulder. This is exacerbated by how Firebloods like to retreat to choke points and spam their boulders. Once you have a couple Firebloods launching boulders from a choke point while you try to progress the area, then it becomes tricky. Otherwise, Firebloods are easily dispatched.

The same goes for Detonators. The only real danger comes from how quickly you will kill a batch of them with one swing of your weapon. So by the time you try to dodge you've already been hit. Weirdly enough I think making Detonators more durable would address this problem. It allows players to identify them and register the idea that they should be careful when handling these packs.

Overall I don't think the problem has to do with one hit kills themselves, but rather how cheap it feels when you won't have much time to react. Nobody complains about Death Projector because that fight is consistent and you have tools to handle everything in that fight.

While we are at it, can we look at the targeting range and line of sight requirement for monsters? At least in the current version, some monsters can target us off-screen / through walls. One example is Stone Shaman in Halls of Vaught spamming fairy rings even if the corpse is out of sight. Again, it only affects characters not at max level, but it's annoying nonetheless

Also, can we improve the visibility of maps like certain parts of Duncraig and TA? Having the map obstructed by ceilings or trees is really more of an annoyance than difficult.

Overall these are definitely steps in the right direction.
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
Doomsday wrote:
oztor wrote:
Marco wrote:This is partly why we clarified on why 1HKOs are over-represented and we are looking to get rid of the inherent-1HKOs only

would be a great change if barrels stop explode when hit the walls
brassmuffler
Sasquatch
65 | 2
Tbh I always felt those barrels were silly. Visually just weird, furthermore hard to see.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
I personally think firebloods are fine. The only time when they become annoying is if they spawn together with those stunlocking poison immunes, because when you can‘t run away from those boulders, that‘s when it sucks.

Detonators can be annoying. In the beginning I didn‘t even see what hit me or why I was just instagibbed. Now I know and simply ignore them/ run further ahead until there are no detonators around, but that doesn‘t really make sense. So yeah those guys are just a noobtrap, and if the game really is meant to be more appealing to newbies, they definitely will lower the damage until even a necromancer without embalming or any points into vit can survive 1 hit.
oztor
Cog
242 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Orr wrote:
Doomsday wrote:
oztor wrote:

Right, normal barrels are fine imo, but those exploding after hitting an object are silly and annoying. Same with barrels that souls throw when you are behind the wall in another room, and u teleport right in the explosion.
Doomsday
Bone Archer
76 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
oztor wrote:
Orr wrote:
Doomsday wrote:
oztor wrote:

Right, normal barrels are fine imo, but those exploding after hitting an object are silly and annoying. Same with barrels that souls throw when you are behind the wall in another room, and u teleport right in the explosion.

True.
I dont like the Barrels in Duncraig, in a TA like Map they would be fine, but the dunc map is so bad to overview, i got so many deaths out of thin air just cuz of getting the last inch of the outer dmg ring of a barrel explosion from behind a wall.