Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
phyne
Skeleton
3 | 2
So I've been playing median fine for the past couple weeks without much problem after getting it installed and troubleshooting some errors by doing the windows DEP thing, plus other stuff, but I still end up having on and off issues for some reason. After several days I suddenly started getting the c0000005 error upon startup, and I ended up turning OFF PlugY and the game worked again. Then after another several days I'm getting the error again, and I turn ON PlugY and the game worked again.

I'm sure I'll always be able to get the game up and running if I have more issues, but like, why is this the only game/mod I've ever played that has weird issues like this. I'd never even known about that windows DEP security thing until that was a troubleshooting method for install for this mod. What the heck is happening?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
you need to use d2se if you're running plugy.

tl;dr don't use plugy. it won't be supported in sigma.
phyne
Skeleton
3 | 2
That still doesn't explain why the error starts randomly occurring when I'm not using PlugY, and why the game worked at all for several days in the first place while using PlugY.
Recka
Fallen
1 | 0
Catalyst of Disenchantment + UNIQUE not working for me..i just got the catalyst
c an someone help on what i amdoing wrong?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Recka wrote:Catalyst of Disenchantment + UNIQUE not working for me..i just got the catalyst
c an someone help on what i amdoing wrong?

You can't disenchant TUs from Griswold's Gift Box. If that's what you're trying to do, then that's the issue.
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
HechtHeftig wrote:
uchenick55 wrote:Hello.
1) How can i protect edyrems? They die in a part of second and I have to cast them again and again to make toraga's monsters vulnerable. At the moment I have to spend 5-10 seconds for each monster killing. Rathma choosen doesn't work ;(
2) Who is the best Toraja's farmer to get great runes? Can you show build/guide?
Thank you in advance.

Any summoner. The more summons you have, the easier your edyrems survive. Those summoners just have to teleport on an enemy and it‘a dead within a second.

Ok thank you I will try
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Aero wrote:you need to use d2se if you're running plugy.

tl;dr don't use plugy. it won't be supported in sigma.

First of all, that's not a mandatory to use D2SE in order to be able to run PlugY and it's a common misconception among the community for some reason.

I'm quite sure I see this claim from you about dropping PlugY compatibility not for the first time. So I'm wondering, what makes you think that it would be impossible to modify a bit PlugY source code so it could be used with Sigma? I was tinkering for about a month or so with its code and I have to say that I see no real reason why it could be impossible to do so. I'm talking about its multi page stash feature, wasn't interested in other parts of this tool. It's not a coincidence that PlugY is capable of running on a few different d2 versions, I must admit that Yohann did pretty good job to make his program as flexible as possible.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
having sigma unsupportive of plugy doesn't include tinkering with source code files lol. we all know you can open game files and read things like what samael does, etc etc. not all the players have this knowledge of coding.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
We all know that Marco doesn't care about SP community that much, so it's quite obvious that multi page stash support has a low priority, especially if it would be applicable only for a single player. What I'm trying to say is, it doesn't mean that nobody can modify PlugY and make it available for others before the official core modification with this feature would came out.
requiemss
Acid Prince
47 | 0
Hey, i was wondering, what is the best "generic" way to build a character in early game?
I found myself doing Andy runs just for the sake of the crystals to at get least my weapon (since Grisswold box is random and i'm not sure it can drop a druid bow), and i'm already thinking i will have to do it 30-40 more times to get some TU(+uptier) without surpassing the challenge lvl.
In other median versions i would rush gold to get some Honorifics + catalyist of destruction to get some grey items for runewords, but nowadays i can only do the second after act 4 (where i usually get after completing the challenge).
Is there a better way to get items for runewords (without insane gold farm + gamble hoping for a grey) or uniques without running andy 40 times in early? ( i know i can do Mephis runs later which are faster and more rewarding, but i'm talking early-early).