The MedianXL 2017 v1.3 SP Miniguides Compilation

requiemss
Acid Prince
47 | 0
will visit akara for a re-spec and stick to one of your guides then, i tried to focus on IAS but i guess that it wasn't a solid tactic :(
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
failing is a part of learning and getting better . don't worry . it's still early and things can be fixed :thumb:
TimeGuardian
Cultist
24 | 5
Do you think a Crossbow amazon would work? The idea behind it is that with crossbows you can get damage from strength and also equip better gear for defense, without EF, but i think crossbows might be too slow without it.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
actualy , i had an xbow zon in my plans too ;) i hope to have enough time to try one before Sigma comes out . i got another sorc in my plan before that .

but you can't just go full strength . having some points into dexterity is mandatory for decent chance to hit . you can compensate for the xbow's lower attack speed with %ias jewels / %ias gear .

i was thinking about
Embershot
Embershot
Repeating Crossbow (4)

Two-Hand Damage: (16 - 18) to (23 - 26)
Required Level: 11
Required Strength: 103
Item Level: 29
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
14% Chance to cast level 8 Flamefront on Kill
Adds (6 to 8)-(11 to 13) Fire Damage
-(6 to 8)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(30 to 46)% Enhanced Damage
+20 to Strength
+20 to Vitality
Fire Absorb 2%
Socketed (2)
Two-Hand Damage: (47 - 52) to (72 - 79)
Required Level: 30
Required Strength: 150
Item Level: 40
16% Chance to cast level 20 Flamefront on Kill
Adds (17 to 25)-(36 to 40) Fire Damage
-(11 to 13)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(64 to 80)% Enhanced Damage
+40 to Strength
+40 to Vitality
Fire Absorb 3%
Socketed (4)
Two-Hand Damage: (136 - 147) to (178 - 192)
Required Level: 48
Required Strength: 290
Item Level: 67
18% Chance to cast level 32 Flamefront on Kill
Adds (51 to 70)-(106 to 125) Fire Damage
-(16 to 18)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(98 to 114)% Enhanced Damage
+60 to Strength
+60 to Vitality
Fire Absorb 4%
Socketed (5)
Two-Hand Damage: (174 - 187) to (223 - 241)
Required Level: 57
Required Strength: 570
Item Level: 85
20% Chance to cast level 42 Flamefront on Kill
Adds (151 to 200)-(326 to 375) Fire Damage
-(21 to 25)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(115 to 132)% Enhanced Damage
+80 to Strength
+80 to Vitality
Fire Absorb 5%
Socketed (6)
in early game -> craft with ctc widowmaker in mid game , while the rest of the gear is ..let's say "standard"

edit:

no 53 . HotShot - arrow swarm barbarian - added to the compilation https://www.twitch.tv/chucknorised
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Pollice Verso on a5 merc why? Laek, leech and loa aren't necessary for mercs, they have tons of regen.
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
Hi Chuck. I have an idea for a miniguide. Melee necro summoner. I tried it, not going too well but i want to make it work. Items needed Lazarus summoner set 3 parts (chest, hat, belt) magical craft boots and gloves until you get zacarum fire mage set gloves and boots (needed for wolfe stance) weapons necro scyte or dagger with levels (crafts) as shield t6 gargoyle head to the point if you get some summoner head (gregus..., deadmaster) or sinwar (not needed for build) magical crafted head or nahual (kur runeword for necro head - that runeword for itself has very good stats). amulets with max levels minion life, same rings. (bellantine, fellblod lucky + level) for buffs marrow staff or necro head (magical crafts or good rares) with max levels and honfour OS. fill sockeds with crafted jevels with minion life. Skill tree - all summons 1 point exept flayers and rampagors (max if possible) all mele skils. Dont take dragonfire oil (dont enough skill points) not using any totem skills. Max embalming. some points into dethward/or rathma choosen if you confident in your powers. The idea is that minions serve as meatshields makes you tankier and you doing job from minion backs. but your damage lacking a lot. will be enough if using magical crafted scyte with max skils high damage and good proc which combination ith very rare (may needed thousands of shrines if you find as many magical shrines) for proc may be balefire, shower of rocks (the rarest one).
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Hello , here are my thoughts about it :

- melee builds are generally good tanks . the melee necro in particular can tank well enough , even without a shield on or extra meatshield
- giving him summons is not a bad idea for a few ubers where you can get hit hard , but normaly he doesn't need them . Focusing the gear for minion boosting will lead to having lower character damage , which is not something to wish for if you want to be the one who is dealing most of the damage (no totems , minions used just for meatshield) . melee (necro) builds are known for dealing heavy (physical) damage / damage conversion . why would you want to skip a big part of that benefit just to have stronger minions ?
- if you need extra tanking help for a melee build , get a barb merc and some reanimates and it will be enough . more than enough . if it's not enough , then you must be doing something wrong
- your build is doing too many compromises , having a bit from everything , but not shining at something in particular . it is also based on many end game items - what do you do before that (early/mid) ? it tends to look like the Zohan build which cannot be used without some mandatory specific end game items .

how do you deal damage from behind your minions with a melee build ? what ranged attack do you got :) ? melee builds must get head first into action in order to deal any damage , so it's not like you can stay behind the fights in a safe zone (unless we have exceptions like using Wyrd oskill )

Bliyadolubov wrote: I tried it, not going too well

good luck in making it work !
sebneo
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi

Well i play and poison ivy sorceress and reach lvl 120

I farm « à lot » mephisto and kurast 3000
But this is hard i have 19000k defense and about 12k dps

I have few charm but for example impossible to kill bartuc

Do you think i must continue in this way or better choice
Respect for an other build melee perhaps ?

Or start a new char ? Something more easy ?

Any advice please is welcome
forcendark
Destroyer
7 | 0
no:35 Ragnar still updating?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
sebneo wrote:Hi

Well i play and poison ivy sorceress and reach lvl 120

I farm « à lot » mephisto and kurast 3000
But this is hard i have 19000k defense and about 12k dps

I have few charm but for example impossible to kill bartuc

Do you think i must continue in this way or better choice
Respect for an other build melee perhaps ?

Or start a new char ? Something more easy ?

Any advice please is welcome
- the build can get more than half the charms with just Honorifics on (i've streamed this a few months ago)
- with the mid gear on you can get the rest , except maby 2 or 3 which require some build adjustments . you don't need any end game parts to do that , they are just an extra flavour for proc-ing while farming

- the Blade Spirits + the Barb merc can do all the tanking when fighting Bartuc , you just need to stay behind them and deal damage . when they die , TP home , resumon them, go back . Your opponents need to hit something (not you if possible , as they hit hard) in order to get vulnerable , so you must keep the army alive all the time . Also make use of that insta-heal (Symbols of Esu) . Did you put the 2 Brimstone gear parts on ?
- i believe you should keep going and make use of those crowd control spells whenever necessary (Miasma / Forceblast) as it looks to me as you must be doing something wrong since you fail at ubers like Bartuc which is not so hard .

what charms do you got on at this moment ?

forcendark wrote:no:35 Ragnar still updating?

i had some rework planned about it , but i don't have the time or mood to do it . maby in Sigma . it still works fine as it is

i will be adding a new sorc build in the next few days and maby another zon if the time allows it , then i will probably stop any work to the compilation until a stable Sigma patch will come out .