Median XL Trailer

Game news and forum updates
bladealinex
Skeleton
3 | 0
Will we get higher res on Private server?
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
Unda wrote:This is real now.

:clap:

Lol
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
WolfieeifloW wrote:Will Sigma work fully in Single Player / TCP/IP or are we forced to play online to get the full experience?

Current season Chaos rws and special Pandemonium recipes was kind of thanks and good bye for old Median item pool, but I hope there will be some interesting and one of a kind features for each lader season of Sigma on the realm.

Samael special drops are only enabled on realm but dunno if it will change with Sigma.
Jucolog
Fallen
1 | 0
Oh, this is really great work! Thank you, guys!
ncstorm
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
so hyped right now....The long wait is almost over. u know maybe blizzard should hire u guys to make d4 im sure u guys could do way better job then them. hell even your trailer is on point...btw we don't need a phone for this do we ? hehe sorry I had to go there looks good guys I cant wait
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
Inb4 it gets delayed even further.
plts88
Acid Prince
49 | 2
HechtHeftig wrote:It seems you greatly learned from the mistakes of the last trailer you guys made. Now it's structured really good and that takes the confusion of the viewer that was caused in the first one. Well done!

Both trailers were nice to watch, but while the editing was better in Sigma trailer, I liked the gameplay footage in the first one. Mainly because of the slower character speed, and without the close-ups of item texts.

I think the "hype texts" in this new trailer could have been better, and made to appeal to people who are coming from D2:LoD. Instead of writing things like "new hotkeys", it would be nice if the trailer also said some stuff from the frontpage of this website.
I haven't really touched MXL since I heard about Sigma project, and there might be more people who did the same. Seems like this trailer was meant to be private, only for the people who already know how things work in MXL.

One more thing I noticed: In the the new trailer, during those 2 and half minutes, there was no text "Sigma" anywhere in it.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
plts88 wrote:I think the "hype texts" in this new trailer could have been better, and made to appeal to people who are coming from D2:LoD. Instead of writing things like "new hotkeys", it would be nice if the trailer also said some stuff from the frontpage of this website.

The trailer was clearly aimed to D2:LoD players though. In only 4 days the new trailer has surpassed the older one in views, I think it's pretty clear that we wouldn't be pulling those numbers if the primary audience was MXL players (most people coming from diablo reddit, facebook and some news outlets).

All front-page features appear on the trailer, except "community and events" which aren't really part of the product itself.

New hotkeys is one of the best features for D2:LoD and MXL players. Quality of Life changes improve the gameplay regardless of experience, and they make the game feel much modern as some tasks become more practical.

plts88 wrote:One more thing I noticed: In the the new trailer, during those 2 and half minutes, there was no text "Sigma" anywhere in it.

Which also shows what the target audience was, since everyone coming from Median knows it is sigma already. For someone coming from lod, there's nothing inherently meaningful about the word "Sigma", it just makes the name even longer and confusing. That's why we choose to put things in the title like "Diablo II" instead.

On the other hand, it makes more sense to just name the core "sigma". Throughout these years of wait, all the soft-content created on sigma was ported to the public MXL version. Which means that the primary things that make "sigma" what it is, are the new engine, res and GUI.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
plts88 wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:It seems you greatly learned from the mistakes of the last trailer you guys made. Now it's structured really good and that takes the confusion of the viewer that was caused in the first one. Well done!

Both trailers were nice to watch, but while the editing was better in Sigma trailer, I liked the gameplay footage in the first one. Mainly because of the slower character speed, and without the close-ups of item texts.

I think the "hype texts" in this new trailer could have been better, and made to appeal to people who are coming from D2:LoD. Instead of writing things like "new hotkeys", it would be nice if the trailer also said some stuff from the frontpage of this website.
I haven't really touched MXL since I heard about Sigma project, and there might be more people who did the same. Seems like this trailer was meant to be private, only for the people who already know how things work in MXL.

One more thing I noticed: In the the new trailer, during those 2 and half minutes, there was no text "Sigma" anywhere in it.

Well, I beg to differ. The 2017 trailer was rather meh due to multiple reasons:

1) If you focus on what's shown on the screen, you won't even notice that there's something written. The breaks with the centralized keywords were able to solve that in the new trailer.
2) Some parts of the gameplay were plain boring (the part where the UH pala went through the first rooms on the way to Uldy) which makes you wonder why this is even shown and why this should be a highlight.
3) Some parts I can imagine were quite confusing for a new person since so much was going on.
4) The music is slow and tries to increase the tension. It does, but it's not powerful like the music in the new trailer and thus it doesn't increase the hype as much.
5) The 2017 trailer was too long at some parts. As if they wanted to display ever single uberlevel, which wasn't necessary.
6) Some notes were not placed well. For example when they mentioned the free map reveal, they displayed a scene from K3K without showing the map. If text and picture doesn't form a unit, it's only meh and confusing.
7) The 2017 trailer had no real ending. Except the death in Ureh. But a death doesn't hype. What does hype is the nice eye candy when you activate some ubers. Do you have any idea how awesome it felt when I saw the introduction of Valthek in Yshari Sanctum for the first time? It felt increadibly meaningful and looked awesome! And displaying something like that at the end to increase the hype only further is a really good idea. An idea that lacked in the 2017 trailer.
8) The video often didn't fit to the music. Yes, in the sigma trailer, the part where mathael takes the black soulstone was a bit too long, but on the other hand it fit perfectly, with the music ending right when he places his hand around the soulstone. The music and the picture need to form a unit as well, and in the new trailer it did.
9) The Sigma trailer highlights many different aspects, while the 2017 trailer only displays ingame footage, which eventually becomes boring to look at. For only ingame footage, the 2017 trailer is too long, but I guess I said that already.

So yeah, those are my 9 reasons as to why the sigma trailer is more appealing and less confusing than the original 2017 trailer. There was a lot more thought put into the new trailer.

Sorry @ the person who made the 2017 trailer. But the Sigma trailer is just soooo much better.

And yeah you're right about the sigma part. But at least the video description said:
► Show Spoiler
plts88
Acid Prince
49 | 2
Yea the trailer was clearly a success, and I didn't write my post in a negative tone. I was just writing my thoughts here as feedback, basically the same things I said in the "Map reveal & No death penalty" -topic, which I created yesterday.

The trailer gave me goosebumps, so obviously it was good. Personally, I would have put more thought in the texts. A bit more generic texts which would welcome new people to play Median XL, and gives a clear idea what it is about.

The content of Median XL is so overwhelming, so a long list of features in a video like that probably isn't the best way for a presentation.