The MedianXL 2017 v1.3 SP Miniguides Compilation

scira
Cultist
20 | 0
How does fury work? Is it visible as a buff?

Also, does hyena strike give you the DR buff on attacking or on pickup of an orb?
scira
Cultist
20 | 0
also, how are you supposed to craft rare amulets?

Amulet: rare with ctc Hymn and Lightning Arena oskill

i thought oil of renewal only for magical and non-magic items for rerolls
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
scira wrote:How does fury work? Is it visible as a buff?

Also, does hyena strike give you the DR buff on attacking or on pickup of an orb?
you get this whirl around your character when Fury is on while using Great Hunt - the globes generated via Great Hunt are bigger and brighter , as you see in the below screenshot . Image

Hyena Strike provides the damage reduction only after you step on the globe and you are under the Fury effect . it has the heal-like visual effect (the yellow "gas" moving from your feet to above your head - due to the fact that you are also regenerating hp while under it's effect ) , as you can see in the below screenshot . the red globes generated by Hyena Strike are a bit smaller and less bright compared to those above . i guess you can spot the difference

scira wrote:also, how are you supposed to craft rare amulets?
you don't craft the rares . you find them . get one with just ctc Hymn first , even if it doesn't have the Lightning Arena , as the proc is more important than the oskill for now . You see, most of us playing SP with Plugy on, had about a year and a half to farm for things and store them in the stash , plenty of time to find (or trade for) rare combos like that ( proc + oskill) . If you only started playing since a short while ago , it's quite hard to find all that you need in the short time remaining until the next patch will come out . By the time you find the amulet with both ctc Hymn and Lightning arena you will probably have to wipe all you got and go for Sigma anyway , so just focus to get an amulet with ctc Hymn for the moment , if you're lucky it might have +skills and other useful stuff on too . it shouldn't take many terror k3kba/fauztinville runs to find one . Also , it's not something mandatory to have - the build is fine with or without such an amulet . you might aswell use something else in it's place for now , or just roll a magic amulet just for the proc - the ilvl required to spawn is 24 .

good luck !
scira
Cultist
20 | 0
Big thx chuck.

SS really helpful
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Your welcome ;)
PitStains
Balrog
122 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thank you; I'm going to try the Die Hard build.
luckyflamingo
Destroyer
6 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:
luckyflamingo wrote: use main attack and then when he getting low switch to heyena strike?
look at Hyena strike more as a buff . strike one time with it whenever the regeneration buff goes off , then use Great Hunt as main attack , so that you are always under the regeneration buff . What you can do first is to count the seconds of it's duration , and when you think the regen duration is about to go off , strike one time with Hyena again to regain the regen buff , then switch back to using Great Hunt . Do this for a while , and it will become an automatism you will use without needing to count the seconds .

keep the regen on all the time , not just when you get low on hp .

also make use of Spellbind . stoning the opponents makes your fights easier as they get heavy debuffed .

losim was renamed to loa (Life on Attack) in the recent patches , but it's the same thing . the mid game amulet provides the 5% ctc Hymn proc ( 267 LoA buff that lasts about 20 seconds ) . you will have high chances to find one of those in (terror and destruction) Fauztinville and K3kba

good luck !

I have tried the strategy you have suggested and it works sooooo much better now! However, I did try destruction fauzt just to see what would happen... I didn't make it 10 feet lol.

Things to consider:
I'm still getting used to the zon gameplay, I have the mid-level gear, and currently no meat shields. I also haven't MO'd anything yet

Do I need to have a different strategy for destruction fauzt? Or do I need to have the end game gear to be able to do destruction fauzt?

Thanks
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
luckyflamingo wrote:I have tried the strategy you have suggested and it works sooooo much better now! However, I did try destruction fauzt just to see what would happen... I didn't make it 10 feet lol.

Things to consider:
I'm still getting used to the zon gameplay, I have the mid-level gear, and currently no meat shields. I also haven't MO'd anything yet

Do I need to have a different strategy for destruction fauzt? Or do I need to have the end game gear to be able to do destruction fauzt?

Thanks
you don't need better gear , what you have now is enough . make use of that spellbind and keep the strategy i have adviced since you also said that it has good results . take slow steps and fight a low number of opponents at the same time , while avoiding getting swarmed (if you see too many approaching , get back a few steps and fight just a few , then proceed further . the map surface is not flat , it has higher and lower places (stairs) , borders , walls - use a source of teleport whenever necessary - jitan's gate for example - to avoid getting stuck / jump away whenever necessary ) . You got tons of hp , good regen , low chance to be hit and 50%DR + spellbind to debuff opponents . if you get raped in the first 10 feet you must be doing something wrong . are you running ? make sure that you are not , as running turns your defense to zero .
luckyflamingo
Destroyer
6 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:
luckyflamingo wrote:I have tried the strategy you have suggested and it works sooooo much better now! However, I did try destruction fauzt just to see what would happen... I didn't make it 10 feet lol.

Things to consider:

Thanks
you don't need better gear , what you have now is enough . make use of that spellbind and keep the strategy i have adviced since you also said that it has good results . take slow steps and fight a low number of opponents at the same time , while avoiding getting swarmed (if you see too many approaching , get back a few steps and fight just a few , then proceed further . the map surface is not flat , it has higher and lower places (stairs) , borders , walls - use a source of teleport whenever necessary - jitan's gate for example - to avoid getting stuck / jump away whenever necessary ) . You got tons of hp , good regen , low chance to be hit and 50%DR + spellbind to debuff opponents . if you get raped in the first 10 feet you must be doing something wrong . are you running ? make sure that you are not , as running turns your defense to zero .

Okay I will try to take a few monsters at a time and practice more with the suggested strategy. No I'm not running, but I think I naturally end up attracting too many at once since I'm so used to my tank iron spiral Barb.

I did try terror fauzt for more practice and it went much better... I'm hoping I'll get better at using this char by practicing more. So far, a couple obsticles I'm running into is the void of archon summon dies within a couple hits and when I step on the health orb in destruction fauzt, the swarms deplete my hp faster than it can recover, implying that I'm attracting too many monsters at once. I think I'll keep doing terror fauzt and easier destruction dungeons until I master the game play of this char. Thanks!
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
luckyflamingo wrote: I also haven't MO'd anything yet
i hope you got this covered . why would you not mo yet ? you should MO asap , i see no reason to wait .
luckyflamingo wrote:the void of archon summon dies within a couple hits and when I step on the health orb in destruction fauzt, the swarms deplete my hp faster than it can recover, implying that I'm attracting too many monsters at once.
you got no minion boosting gear so if the archon dies fast in an uber where the hits are heavy , it is no wonder . the archon can serve you well vs normal opponents , but not in there - actualy , i don't even think he's worth summoning in such ubers as he gets insta killed.

what ubers have you done up until now ? i got a strange feeling that you went there a bit too soon .

how much HP do you got ?