Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
first response: many things are still being rebalanced. sigma hopes to fix a lot of those issues. some classes are cleraly overpowered compared to others. amazon actually being at the very bottom of the list right now. trap rat druid is horribly straightforward. there's not a whole lot of skill that you can really put into it besides luring/positioning cause its just quill storm and move, sadly.

trap rat primiarly builds physical damage because of how challenging it is til late end game gear to pick up elemental diversity and pierce to make that damage be valuable. necrobots are immune to physical. one of the only monsters in the game who are (maybe the only ones besides special monsters in places like yshari or uber bosses?) Xar RW will help you deal with them, but you'll tickle them to death constantly. I'd avoid destruction fauztinville, since there's not a real priority to be there right now til you pick up 10 or so more charms and can afford better gear.
Rattus
is *okay*. Decent little phys boost and motw buff and cb. probably one of the only decent options you have right now besides
Gehenna

Gehenna
Weapons

'ChamOhmLo'
Runeword Level: 83
20% Chance to cast level 32 Frozen Crown on Melee Attack
15% Block Speed
15% Hit Recovery
Adds 94-125 Cold Damage
Adds 150-200 Poison Damage over 1 seconds
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Damage
+25% to Cold Spell Damage
-25% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+25% to Poison Spell Damage
-25% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Maximum Life +5%
Maximum Mana +(23 to 28)%
Requirements -33%
(i'd stick with rattus for some more charms and gehenna when you need some elemental damage) until you find some early sets/su's hopefully.

You should look for better base gear on your runewords. will give you a ton more defense. Light Plate or higher (gothic, full plate, ancient) for the
Erawan

Erawan
Body Armors

'LemKoCham'
15% Combat Speeds
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(27 to 30)% to Strength
(27 to 30)% to Vitality
Physical Resist (13 to 15)%
(15 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
, Light Plted boots or greaves for the
Megalith
Megalith
Boots

'LoFal'
Runeword Level: 73
+1 to All Skills
25% Cast Speed
15% Block Speed
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+(10 to 20) to all Attributes
5% to Dexterity
Regenerate Mana +30%
Physical Resist 5%
, heavy/plated belt for the
Truce
Truce
Belts

'Jah'
Runeword Level: 80
5% Combat Speeds
Stun Attack
Slows Attacker by 5%
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 10%
(is what I assume you meant you were using -- or keep
Deadfall
Deadfall
Heavy Belt (4)

Defense: (135 - 159) to (178 - 210)
Required Level: 7
Required Strength: 36
Item Level: 19
2% Chance to cast level 2 Shower of Rocks on Kill
1% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(24 to 46)% Enhanced Defense
+(16 to 25) to Strength
Lightning Resist +(11 to 15)%
Socketed (1)
Defense: (485 - 551) to (616 - 700)
Required Level: 24
Required Strength: 62
Item Level: 36
2% Chance to cast level 4 Shower of Rocks on Kill
2% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(69 to 92)% Enhanced Defense
+(36 to 45) to Strength
Lightning Resist +(21 to 25)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (1270 - 1400) to (1595 - 1758)
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 218
Item Level: 51
2% Chance to cast level 8 Shower of Rocks on Kill
3% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(115 to 137)% Enhanced Defense
+(56 to 65) to Strength
Lightning Resist +(31 to 35)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (1918 - 2095) to (2403 - 2626)
Required Level: 50
Required Strength: 436
Item Level: 85
2% Chance to cast level 12 Shower of Rocks on Kill
4% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(138 to 160)% Enhanced Defense
+(66 to 75) to Strength
Lightning Resist +(36 to 40)%
Socketed (2)
). The shield sounds pretty decent.
Wall of Fire
Wall of Fire
Shields

'ZodLo'
Runeword Level: 85
+1 to All Skills
40% Block Speed
40% to Strength
40% to Vitality
+15 Life after each Kill
(11 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
Attacker Takes Fire Damage of 500
might be better, but I'm not sure. sounds like you have a decent roll so far on the craft. ditch your gloves though. those are garbage for your setup. 2 skill hardly helps most weapon damage characters besides buffs. go back to
Featherclaw
for some speed, more AR, and dexterity to give a slight dmg boost to weapon. Be on the lookout for the SSU Heavy Gloves (the ones that look like a book). the flat damage there and crushing blow go a long way for a multihitting skill.
Taem
Necrobot
2471 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Interesting, I don't think I've ever had an issue with K3K and have played every type of class. Try looking at MXL as a more strategy based RPG than the classic version. You can't just go hulk smashing everything. The totem's require a bit of skill in so that you need to destroy the spawned skeletons from a distance, then rush in and bash it until you're overwhelmed with skeletons, leave, take those ones out, repeat. Once the totem is destroyed, move on to the text one. Bashing the totem nonstop like a moron is a sure way to die in this game, and will not get you very far. You'll find that most of the harder ubers require skill over brute force, so you're going to have to learn how to deal with mechanics like this.
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Aero wrote:first response: many things are still being rebalanced. sigma hopes to fix a lot of those issues. some classes are cleraly overpowered compared to others. amazon actually being at the very bottom of the list right now. trap rat druid is horribly straightforward. there's not a whole lot of skill that you can really put into it besides luring/positioning cause its just quill storm and move, sadly.

trap rat primiarly builds physical damage because of how challenging it is til late end game gear to pick up elemental diversity and pierce to make that damage be valuable. necrobots are immune to physical. one of the only monsters in the game who are (maybe the only ones besides special monsters in places like yshari or uber bosses?) Xar RW will help you deal with them, but you'll tickle them to death constantly. I'd avoid destruction fauztinville, since there's not a real priority to be there right now til you pick up 10 or so more charms and can afford better gear.
Rattus
is *okay*. Decent little phys boost and motw buff and cb. probably one of the only decent options you have right now besides
Gehenna

Gehenna
Weapons

'ChamOhmLo'
20% Chance to cast level 32 Frozen Crown on Melee Attack
15% Block Speed
15% Hit Recovery
Adds 94-125 Cold Damage
Adds 150-200 Poison Damage over 1 seconds
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Damage
+25% to Cold Spell Damage
-25% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+25% to Poison Spell Damage
-25% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Maximum Life +5%
Maximum Mana +(23 to 28)%
Requirements -33%
(i'd stick with rattus for some more charms and gehenna when you need some elemental damage) until you find some early sets/su's hopefully.

You should look for better base gear on your runewords. will give you a ton more defense. Light Plate or higher (gothic, full plate, ancient) for the
Erawan

Erawan
Body Armors

'LemKoCham'
15% Combat Speeds
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
(27 to 30)% to Strength
(27 to 30)% to Vitality
Physical Resist (13 to 15)%
(15 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
, Light Plted boots or greaves for the
Megalith
Megalith
Boots

'LoFal'
Runeword Level: 73
+1 to All Skills
25% Cast Speed
15% Block Speed
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+(10 to 20) to all Attributes
5% to Dexterity
Regenerate Mana +30%
Physical Resist 5%
, heavy/plated belt for the
Truce
Truce
Belts

'Jah'
Runeword Level: 80
5% Combat Speeds
Stun Attack
Slows Attacker by 5%
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 10%
(is what I assume you meant you were using -- or keep
Deadfall
Deadfall
Heavy Belt (4)

Defense: (135 - 159) to (178 - 210)
Required Level: 7
Required Strength: 36
Item Level: 19
2% Chance to cast level 2 Shower of Rocks on Kill
1% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(24 to 46)% Enhanced Defense
+(16 to 25) to Strength
Lightning Resist +(11 to 15)%
Socketed (1)
Defense: (485 - 551) to (616 - 700)
Required Level: 24
Required Strength: 62
Item Level: 36
2% Chance to cast level 4 Shower of Rocks on Kill
2% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(69 to 92)% Enhanced Defense
+(36 to 45) to Strength
Lightning Resist +(21 to 25)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (1270 - 1400) to (1595 - 1758)
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 218
Item Level: 51
2% Chance to cast level 8 Shower of Rocks on Kill
3% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(115 to 137)% Enhanced Defense
+(56 to 65) to Strength
Lightning Resist +(31 to 35)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (1918 - 2095) to (2403 - 2626)
Required Level: 50
Required Strength: 436
Item Level: 85
2% Chance to cast level 12 Shower of Rocks on Kill
4% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(138 to 160)% Enhanced Defense
+(66 to 75) to Strength
Lightning Resist +(36 to 40)%
Socketed (2)
). The shield sounds pretty decent.
Wall of Fire
Wall of Fire
Shields

'ZodLo'
Runeword Level: 85
+1 to All Skills
40% Block Speed
40% to Strength
40% to Vitality
+15 Life after each Kill
(11 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
Attacker Takes Fire Damage of 500
might be better, but I'm not sure. sounds like you have a decent roll so far on the craft. ditch your gloves though. those are garbage for your setup. 2 skill hardly helps most weapon damage characters besides buffs. go back to
Featherclaw
for some speed, more AR, and dexterity to give a slight dmg boost to weapon. Be on the lookout for the SSU Heavy Gloves (the ones that look like a book). the flat damage there and crushing blow go a long way for a multihitting skill.

The armor you suggested for runewords (Ancient, specifically), a Sacred Ancient Armor strength requirement would be way overboard, right? My Sacred Quilted armor has more defense than a T6 Ancient Armor and with a much lower STR requirement. So I don't know why you would suggest such a thing.

The pieces I'm wearing weren't just the first thing I found on the ground. I ran the numbers and based on the amount of signets I've eaten and charms that I have, I'm wearing the highest defense gear that I can while putting the very minimal points into strength. That said, a Wall of Fire RW would give me a huge STR boost, but more defense is not the solution to this problem.

As far as stats (I've said this before, but I don't mind refreshing people), we're looking at:

8k HP, 250k DEF, 1600 DMG, 85/75/75/75 RES, 75% CB, 46% DR & a bunch of IAS, FHR, FR/W, FCR, etc. At any rate like I said, it's not end game SSSSSSSSSSU's, but it should be more than enough to complete BRC. Unfortunately, I still can't farm the brains because of necrobots. Talk about game breaking. You need end game gear to get to the end game ffs.

I can clear things on Destruction like Diablo and Nithalak if there's any chance at all they'll drop end game gear. But if I need to roll up into places like Destro Fautz (for Greater Runes so I can get a Qor weapon) or wherever the Auhe rune drops, before I'm able to actually clear some of this content, it's not happening. But just so we're clear, you want me to swap out my https://prnt.sc/m3x8v4 and go back to Feather Claw?

TL;DR

Don't have the gear to farm the gear to farm the gear to farm the gear.
Edited by Bagboy_Brown 5 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
250k defense is bad (about half of what a trap rat should be sitting at) hence why I suggested heavier armors. quilted is the lowest defense possible. I am aware you put thought into your gear, but if you ask for help and clarification and then deny the help, I dunno how to help you.

more defense = less chance to be hit, which in this case, should allow you to just walk by the necrobots, kill harpies and hardliners as necessary, and go straight for the bosses and be done with the area til later when you can farm it better.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bagboy_Brown wrote:At any rate like I said, it's not end game SSSSSSSSSSU's, but it should be more than enough to complete BRC. Unfortunately, I still can't farm the brains because of necrobots. Talk about game breaking. You need end game gear to get to the end game ffs.

You're not using merc. Both A3 and A5 merc can solo every single necrobot in tfauzt.

Also applies to k3k.
Edited by cowking 5 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
and yes, those gloves don't do shit to help a trap rat. use featherclaw. great runes are generally end game. you're aiming too high for gear for the content you need to be clearing right now. those stronger items will come later.
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Aero wrote:and yes, those gloves don't do shit to help a trap rat. use featherclaw. great runes are generally end game. you're aiming too high for gear for the content you need to be clearing right now. those stronger items will come later.

So the guide that says put all points into Dex.

All points go into STR? I'm glad everyone's on the same page around here.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Bagboy_Brown wrote:
Aero wrote:and yes, those gloves don't do shit to help a trap rat. use featherclaw. great runes are generally end game. you're aiming too high for gear for the content you need to be clearing right now. those stronger items will come later.

you put enough points into strength to wear your gear, then you put the rest into dexterity, hence the reason charms are so valuable. free stats. you could be a bit more cooperative in your responses instead of bashing every advice you're given. if you hate the game this much, why do you play it? If you want us to help, ask the questions you need to know and you'll get helpful advice and progression tips.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Sacred gothic plate if you can find one for Erawan. Its the 3rd highest defense chest but only has -5 movement penalty. Full plate has 10, Ancient armor has 15. Find rare/magic jewels with -10% requirements or craft them with the jewel crafting recipe. 3 of these jewels will put the required level of the armor below what quilted is. Traprat has the misfortune of having a terrible hit recovery animation. Basically, if you take a decent hit of damage, it takes a long time to recovery before you can attack again. 250% faster hit recovery will lower it to 6 frames and it makes a noticeable difference. Rattus and Natha both have 50% and sunstone of the elements has 20. There are a few other sources easily obtained as well. To get the rest you'll need to find or craft more jewels with fhr. Also make sure you're orbing armors with ed% before making runewords to get the most out of them. When you do decide to upgrade to a different weapon remember that you're losing the 50% fhr that Rattus has.

I'm not sure what your crafted shield looks like but find an additional and continue upgrading whichever one is worse. I'd go for one with 2% block and as much dr% as you can get (10%). Abandoned shrines are the best choice for more dexterity. This is also a good item to orb more fhr since its worth double. Just make sure to orb ed% til it hits 200%. As is with high defense body armors, higher defense shields also have a movement penalty. Use -requirement jewels here as well to make equipping them easier.
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Aero wrote:
Bagboy_Brown wrote:

you put enough points into strength to wear your gear, then you put the rest into dexterity, hence the reason charms are so valuable. free stats. you could be a bit more cooperative in your responses instead of bashing every advice you're given. if you hate the game this much, why do you play it? If you want us to help, ask the questions you need to know and you'll get helpful advice and progression tips.

It's not you, I am grateful. But also frustrated. This is where we're at. I need lots of Dex. But also lots of Str. So I need lots of Charms. But I can't get the charms cuz I can't get the stats to wear the gear to get the charms to get the stats to wear the gear to get the charms.