Median XL Σ Released

Game news and forum updates
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
MoonstruckED wrote:Thanks a lot! Any idea why it's gone?

No clue :/
TopDimas
Sasquatch
67 | 3
The entrance is blocked by barrels! :wall: :wall: :wall:
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
TopDimas wrote:Image
The entrance is blocked by barrels! :wall: :wall: :wall:

Bruh where the hell is the entrance to Ureh? I’ve looked everywhere!
ratty
Prowler
15 | 0
Jampula wrote:Is there a way to play fullscreen with DirectDraw? For some reason Glide causes game to stutter, didn't have this problem before Sigma.

Did you find any way to force fullscreen mode in DDraw, coz when summoner joins the party, my game drops to 2-5fps ^^ also /fps command gone.
Fridolin
Fallen
1 | 0
Hello dear devs!

I discovered Median a little before this Christmas. It was a lot of new material to get to know, lot of reading to be able to craft a little (arcane gems etc). I got to lvl a sorc (with all the new spells and equipment). It did took me a little time to get use to all those new things, being a big fan of D2, this was an amazing mod. Thanks you for all the work you guys put into this.

So yeah, I got to lvl a sorc all the way to lvl 80 something, got to do some challenges with a friend... We were liking it a lot!

So to hear you came with a whole new "mod" was a nice surprise and I was happy with all the new things. Sad by the fact that it was a hard reset of everything I've done. I got to play with my friend, to test it out. We went through act 1 only because of time (adults...)

So here is my review so far;

Pros:
- I like the new design for the UI (my friend did not). I think it's just a getting use to it. But I could see some hardcore fan of D2 sad of seing the old D2 theme go away.
- MORE INVENTORY SPACE !!! thanks for that. It is really appreciated!
- Improved fights; I can see what I do now!!!

Cons:
- The play through seems (for now) too easy.
- Some Keybinding are hard to manage: Running, dim the map, mini-map, see the belt.
- There is no easy mini-map option. You either have to play in some folders on your computer or just play with a full bright map in the middle of the screen. There is no EASY fix to that (for non-tech-savvy).

Suggestions for future patch;
- Bring back the running. The fact that i'm always walking feel like a drop back to D1, make me cringe and frustrate me.
- Put the running on/off button back (or keybind it) with a little more stamina.
- Reveal Map. Either change the hotkey, or give it back to a NPC. I don't get why it's not a NPC that gives you the map. It's just more logical role-playing-wise. I'm the kind of player who like to explore when i'm playing a game, not having the whole map automatically. Feels like cheating.

Will Median XL Sigma be playable on IOS ?

Overall:
I'm happy with all the changes, I'm waiting for that 1st patch really soon with a lot of fixes. :)
toxichopes
Prowler
15 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
My Launcher is Stuck on a Spinning loading wheel.. Did i download something wrong?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
so is there a plan for a release date on a patch fix ? i don't know how much longer i can lie myself that all those changes are more "good" than "bad" . and no , i don't have trouble beating the game and i don't need twinking from a shared stash to do that . until this moment i got half the charms with just t4 uniques and 2 honorifics - p.gems in all sockets - with a mediocre build (neutraldin) , and i think i can get a few more with just that crap equipped .

bads : - first of all , it lags more than before . i don't know if it's because of Glide /glide settings ( i have tried a lot of adjustments with no much luck ) , but it lags more than before , full screen or window mode ,same lag . it even lags in town for somewhat reason (act 3 mostly) , it feels like working in less frames than normal
- the crafts are now murdered . what was the point of removing the double MO from them ? i didn't understand the logic behind that, since in the whole SU's list you got less than 20% which are worth using .
- drop rates seam low . they could use a heavy increase imo, looking at how the crafts got killed, i was expecting at least to find more set items . i got half the charms and only found 3 su's and 2 set items so far (an no , i did not count the useless armor droped by Griswold there) .
- yes , IOTSS fixes the gold issues , but if you don't go to IOTSS you hardly afford 1 Honorific by the time you get to act 5 with all the gold you collect by then . You could at least let the apples at a high selling price if the gold you get by selling items is worthless/pointless now . Maby also let the Grubbers drop more of it .
- running rework . if i want to run trough game with zero defense and 1/3 block (take act 3 jungles for example ) it's my problem . if i get hit and die because of that , it's also my problem . this was an unnecessary change . now you force all builds to invest in skills/oskills that grant FRW to make up for this . 5 seconds is not enough . it feels like playing nfs undergrownd and hitting the NOS button whenever i need to move faster . why is it just 5 seconds? are we abusing the game if we move faster ? we are already forced to bind 1 more key for this (it's no longer a button that you press once to activate / one more time to deactivate) , so it needs it a much longer duration since we need to keep pressing that button all the time . maby 20 seconds should be enough

goods : buff status bar , timers fixes on spells , more balanced skills . i can't think of anything more

neither good or bad :
- reworked TU's - some of the new ones are better , some of the old ones are killed . we got the same status as before here , some will always be used , while some will always be ignored .
- leveling progression - works fine up to 105 , not good enough after that
Edited by ChuckNoRis 5 years.
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
ChuckNoRis wrote:if you now find an item that is not white , you can just ignore it since you can't use the affix burn recipe to turn it white and create a runeword.

Rare item + oil of renewal
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
indeed , mea culpa , i have missed reading that part in the cube recipes . that makes rerolling blue items no longer possible , so it's even worse
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
ChuckNoRis wrote:indeed , mea culpa , i have missed reading that part in the cube recipes . that makes rerolling blue items no longer possible , so it's even worse

Chuck what is your opinion about sigma or 2017 compared to cmxl, like omega 3 perhaps?