Gamdol
Cultist
21 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
On the Assassin skill Shadow Refuge, can someone explain to me what the line:

Physical Damage: XXX% to Attack

means?

The rest of it makes sense, but I don't see any noticeable change to my other skills apart from the defense/move when I'm using the buff.

Pic to see it on the tooltip:
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
Hello, can someone remind me how much - enemy elemental resist for decent dmg in hell dificult ?
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Gamdol wrote:On the Assassin skill Shadow Refuge, can someone explain to me what the line:

Physical Damage: XXX% to Attack

means?

The rest of it makes sense, but I don't see any noticeable change to my other skills apart from the defense/move when I'm using the buff.

Pic to see it on the tooltip:

+X% Weapon Physical Damage to Shadow Refuge
Ronthar
Azure Drake
165 | 6
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
So Arcains Valor claims to boots your vit by 50% of your "total character defense" does this refer to the stat "total character defense" or am I to understand that if I have 1 mil armor it will give me 500k vit? I assume it is literal and refers to the stat "total character defense" because of how absurd 500k vit would be, but I'd still like clarification. Thanks!
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Orr wrote:Hello, can someone remind me how much - enemy elemental resist for decent dmg in hell dificult ?

Pierce effect:
Vs mobs (35% res):
No pierce = 65% dmg dealt,
65 pierce = 130% dmg dealt (x2 base dmg)
135 pierce = 200% dmg dealt. (x3 base dmg, x1,5 dmg gain)

Vs bosses (70% res):
No pierce = 30% dmg dealt.
30 pierce = 60% dmg dealt (x2 total dmg)
90 pierce = 120% dmg dealt (x4 total dmg, 2x total dmg gain)
170 pierce = 200% dmg dealt (x6,67 base dmg, x1,67 total dmg gain)

copy/pasted from this thread (Spell Mechanics section).
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
Solfege wrote:
Orr wrote:Hello, can someone remind me how much - enemy elemental resist for decent dmg in hell dificult ?

Pierce effect:
Vs mobs (35% res):
No pierce = 65% dmg dealt,
65 pierce = 130% dmg dealt (x2 base dmg)
135 pierce = 200% dmg dealt. (x3 base dmg, x1,5 dmg gain)

Vs bosses (70% res):
No pierce = 30% dmg dealt.
30 pierce = 60% dmg dealt (x2 total dmg)
90 pierce = 120% dmg dealt (x4 total dmg, 2x total dmg gain)
170 pierce = 200% dmg dealt (x6,67 base dmg, x1,67 total dmg gain)

copy/pasted from this thread (Spell Mechanics section).

Ty
Shmoo
Skeleton
2 | 0
Do the Elemental Essences prefear one attribute each for the Umbaru Treasure or is it complete random?
TheError
Rust Claw
82 | 1
smartasss wrote:Are skill signets removed or what, cant find a single one.

I'm also wanting to know this. D2Stats still shows them, but I haven't found one yet and I've been in the Toraja Jungles a whole lot of times by now.
Kitsune
Imp
4 | 0
blankname wrote:
Kitsune wrote:I find it odd the druid bow set utilizes a dex bow as opposed to a druid only bow for the druid bow set, kind of got me unsure about which is best. Druid bow scales 30/100 damage with str. and dex scales 20/100, so... but maxing str just leaves you with no dex to hit things.

The Druid set bow actually has better strength scaling than regular Druid bows, on top of dex scaling. I think you still go str for damage.

blankname wrote:
Kitsune wrote:I find it odd the druid bow set utilizes a dex bow as opposed to a druid only bow for the druid bow set, kind of got me unsure about which is best. Druid bow scales 30/100 damage with str. and dex scales 20/100, so... but maxing str just leaves you with no dex to hit things.

The Druid set bow actually has better strength scaling than regular Druid bows, on top of dex scaling. I think you still go str for damage.

Okay, good to know, but like how would you deal with AR problems, for example, without having dex, or if you were to run a set of crafted rares? Maybe creepy shrines with abandoned blessing or vice versa for dex and str on all items?

Thanks for the input.
Ethario
Rust Claw
82 | 4
Ronthar wrote:So Arcains Valor claims to boots your vit by 50% of your "total character defense" does this refer to the stat "total character defense" or am I to understand that if I have 1 mil armor it will give me 500k vit? I assume it is literal and refers to the stat "total character defense" because of how absurd 500k vit would be, but I'd still like clarification. Thanks!

I can confirm its based on the literal "Total character defense" stat.