EksZonDe - Magic Missiles Amazon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Eadan
Stygian Watcher
44 | 0
Muilpeer wrote:
Cromi38 wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:I've not been getting much rare jewels so far. Singe my level is too low to farm the areas where jewels drops, are those areas also accessible in nightmare modus and would that yield me ilvl99 rare jewels? What is everybody's method for farming rare joolz?

The thing is, later on you craft your own jewels, you use a base of level 99 usually which is dropped in level 99+ areas. You’ll use that base and reroll it so the jewels you get now I wouldn’t worry too much about. Also rare or blue doesn’t matter it can still be jewelcrafted

Lol I just got trolled didn’t i lmao

You didn't get trolled but you also didn't understand what I meant ;) (And I could've been clearer in asking my question).

I was talking about farming Viz-Jun. I am lvl 117 now. Dmg without buffs is 4,9k-6k.

So far I've only dropped 6 rare jewels and I even have the drop notificator set to notify on those. 5 of those jewels rolled with mediocre stats with jewelcrafting so I really need a place to find more rare ilvl99 jewels. Sadly I cannot access Viz-Jun in Nightmare so there is not really an option for me to progress other than grind a bit for exp.

You don't need rare jewels for jewelcrafting if that's what you mean.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Eadan wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:
Cromi38 wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:I've not been getting much rare jewels so far. Singe my level is too low to farm the areas where jewels drops, are those areas also accessible in nightmare modus and would that yield me ilvl99 rare jewels? What is everybody's method for farming rare joolz?

The thing is, later on you craft your own jewels, you use a base of level 99 usually which is dropped in level 99+ areas. You’ll use that base and reroll it so the jewels you get now I wouldn’t worry too much about. Also rare or blue doesn’t matter it can still be jewelcrafted

You didn't get trolled but you also didn't understand what I meant ;) (And I could've been clearer in asking my question).

I was talking about farming Viz-Jun. I am lvl 117 now. Dmg without buffs is 4,9k-6k.

So far I've only dropped 6 rare jewels and I even have the drop notificator set to notify on those. 5 of those jewels rolled with mediocre stats with jewelcrafting so I really need a place to find more rare ilvl99 jewels. Sadly I cannot access Viz-Jun in Nightmare so there is not really an option for me to progress other than grind a bit for exp.

Wait what, it can also be blue ones? O-)
Cromi38
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Muilpeer wrote:
Eadan wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:
Cromi38 wrote:

Lol yes, that’s what I was trying to say. Any jewel can be crafted no matter the rarity. It has no downside
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
matdoo wrote:About 'Blood fury' oskill, can I use that for consistent buff to MM's AOE?

I don't like that 10s cd interval :s

unfortunately not. if you want to play with consistent buff you have to be consistently below 66% hp which is doable. I do it all the time. It just takes some HP management skills. That said, the 10 sec cd is actually not that bad. it allows you to organize yourself and play a bit more tactical rather than rush in like rambo all the time :D I understand your frustration as I shared it too in the beginning but as soon as I got used to it, I got more tactical and picky about my spots which made me die much less and helped me enjoy the game more!
ManaLeech
Prowler
16 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
SirJean wrote:
Cromi38 wrote:
igloosPat wrote:
ManaLeech wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question I'm new to Median XL. What are you using for blink/teleport? I'm finding it's such a nice QOL skill on other classes.

Use "Nef" runeword in staff. Check the documentation. ;)

Actually its a skill called Jitan's Will. It is granted from killing a boss in torajan jungle. That boss drops a charm which allows you to teleport every 10 seconds.

I'm pretty sure that OP was talking about ''Blink'' from the assassin class which has a different effect from Jitan's Will +% defense. Paladin gain ''Divine Apparition'' (freezing effect) with Ennead challenge and you can get ''Teleport'' from a lvl 130 charm.

Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Cromi38 wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:
Eadan wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:
Cromi38 wrote:

Lol yes, that’s what I was trying to say. Any jewel can be crafted no matter the rarity. It has no downside

Omg.. life just got a whole lot easier!!! Thanks, I wasn't aware of this. Now my max dmg goes over 8.9k-10k with buff :D (and magic missiles not even maxed out) Akarat is almost oneshot hahaha. Great. Crafting jewels effectively doubled my damage. The only downside I'm now facing is that I have way too low mana leech and I am not sure how to solve this yet. I run out of mana fast even with 9k mana.
ensgnblack
Dark Huntress
13 | 2
Muilpeer wrote:Omg.. life just got a whole lot easier!!! Thanks, I wasn't aware of this. Now my max dmg goes over 8.9k-10k with buff :D (and magic missiles not even maxed out) Akarat is almost oneshot hahaha. Great. Crafting jewels effectively doubled my damage. The only downside I'm now facing is that I have way too low mana leech and I am not sure how to solve this yet. I run out of mana fast even with 9k mana.

I just realized the same thing two days ago after just trying it with a blue jewel.
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
ensgnblack wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:Omg.. life just got a whole lot easier!!! Thanks, I wasn't aware of this. Now my max dmg goes over 8.9k-10k with buff :D (and magic missiles not even maxed out) Akarat is almost oneshot hahaha. Great. Crafting jewels effectively doubled my damage. The only downside I'm now facing is that I have way too low mana leech and I am not sure how to solve this yet. I run out of mana fast even with 9k mana.

I just realized the same thing two days ago after just trying it with a blue jewel.

all you need to care about is the iLevel of the jewel. Should be 99 when you craft and will degrade for every try. All the way to 84 can spawn most mods that you`d care about. I generally roll the jewels 4-5 times and throw them out. If you do the same you will be alright!
blenderr
Prowler
15 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
demonshalo wrote:
ensgnblack wrote:

all you need to care about is the iLevel of the jewel. Should be 99 when you craft and will degrade for every try. All the way to 84 can spawn most mods that you`d care about. I generally roll the jewels 4-5 times and throw them out. If you do the same you will be alright!

What stats do you look for when jewel crafting? Might be worth adding a section to your already very good guide!
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
[edit]First of all: jewels only makes sense with Uber skill SoV because with paragon you have to put gems in sockets[/edit]

If you go glass canon SoV + Energy Build you should definitely look out zod crafted jewels with +3/4 phy/mag Spell damage and 10 + to Enrgy factor to Spell Damage and of course 40+ to flat life because bacha + SoV + Charms will bring you to approx +200% to life (Cowking already mentioned that) 40 -> 120 life.

Do not forget to lucky those jewels for + flat stats.

If you go SoV + Vit build you should Lem craft jewels (flat stats) and look out for 2% vit, 40 + Life, high flat vit and maybe on top summoned minion life to make your Fire elementals even more tanky or 2% phys/mag Spell Damage to boost the Offensive part a bit too. A Defensive + Offensive gg jewel would be 2% vit, 2 phys spell damage, 50 life and 15 vitality for example. This jewel alone would boost your life by ~300 life in total

Keep in mind that you have to look for your speed breakpoints too. Maybe you skip one of those modifiers for +10 cast speed or +15 Faster hit recovery depending on your needs.