310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Marcel wrote:
Zennith wrote:Never used ricochet once. Started with Icebird TU > Kra RW for shitty maelstrom > then moved up to big boi maelstrom.

Sounds cool. I'll try it out. Did you roll maelstrom on javs? There don't seem to be any SUs with it.

When using icebird, make sure you have a jav in 2nd weapon slot for moonbeam buff, and by big boi maelstrom, I mean HeartSeeker ssu. Personally, I wouldn't really level with javazon though.
Zelck
Destroyer
6 | 0
I'm a newb and don't know enough to have solid opinions on balance, but what if Dragonlore gave a mix of (lower) damage and some amount of -res? It'd give Bowazons more scaling from tri-elemental damage and not just -res.
Marcel
Stone Warrior
31 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I'd want to know what gear you're using in this video. I'll put on damage gear (still not that ssu reliant) and see how fast hammers clear Duncraig. It's a big issue if bows aren't significantly faster than a build with max block, 400k+ defense and easier to access gear. The clear time is pretty close between magic missiles and hammers (MMs are faster for me sometimes). I'm surprised you don't think it's a problem that full endgame geared bow character is not better than other early-endgame geared specs with massively more survivability.

Also, as noted Duncraig is one of the better bowzon areas. Unfortunately, if you can't farm one of fauntz/vizun/toraja at speed it's not really viable endgame. It would be nice if vizjun/toraja felt on par with fauntz. Personally, I like vizjun, but that's because max block zon feels great in there. The edyrean mechanic in toraja cemetary is just super awkward for real farming (the runes are nice though).
Marto
Prowler
15 | 1
suchbalance wrote:I recorded this dunc clear a few weeks ago in beta while goofing around on my endgame bow zon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrNJTXjlgwE

Character no longer exists due to incompatibility, but it shows damage & sustain potential.

Could you post some info on what the character is using? That is nuts man...
Marcel
Stone Warrior
31 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Zennith wrote:
Marcel wrote:
Zennith wrote:Never used ricochet once. Started with Icebird TU > Kra RW for shitty maelstrom > then moved up to big boi maelstrom.

Sounds cool. I'll try it out. Did you roll maelstrom on javs? There don't seem to be any SUs with it.

When using icebird, make sure you have a jav in 2nd weapon slot for moonbeam buff, and by big boi maelstrom, I mean HeartSeeker ssu. Personally, I wouldn't really level with javazon though.

Yeah, I think I mentioned heartseeker in the initial post. It looks really nice, but I haven't gotten a chance to play with it yet. Javelins have 2 awesome things: moonbeam and the passive Moon Queen. They're both very attractive. It's just annoying how bad ricochet, fairy ring, and enfilade feel at the moment. I'm 100% open to trying out some sick oskills.

Edit: one of the big things holding javs (and bows) back is the heavy reliance on SSUs. This makes the early endgame levels (hell difficulty) pretty awkward. Still, very interested in trying heartseeker.
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I would agree. I do like the direction they're going with building a character by adding many more oSkills to items, but it does seem rather strict. Still, never thought I'd be playing a Apf-20 Throwsin on my Amazon.
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Amazon is in a great spot - ignoring thunderzon because I know NOTHING about it. My only issue is how difficult it is to get -fire enemy resistance% to make lava pit completely bonkers but worse comes to worse, magic missles fills that gap if I really hit a wall on bosses.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
lol my bowzon doesn’t take 17 minutes for duncraig. It was stated to skip to that point of the video I posted. Did you even see the video? It would’ve made sense if you read and clicked on the link.

I’m mostly under the impression that you’re just not building your amazon specs correctly or effectively because there are definitely ways to make things work. I was doing fauztinville on p2 with my crossbow spec and frenzy. Damage was fine but I’m a lazy dodger so I died a few times.

The only thing I’ve really agreed about your critique of bowzon was that removal of skeleton mo’s really hurt the build, but that’s also the point of removing them because you could easily have 50% reanimates for no cost and that’s simply unfair.

Edit: suchbalance’s video is also using the new windforce bow with claw tornado proc and knockback, so it might give you a slightly skewed portrayal but even without that bow. You can clear things just fine. You just need some range and positioning skills.

Sb has been playing a long time and can make most things look trivial, so it may feel challenging for you at first but it takes a few tries instead of a gigantic post about why bowzon sucks

Edit 2: reading through. Can also do Vizjun with bowzon if you maintain wyrmshot spam to keep clear space around you and in the event that mobs spawn on you, you swap to barrage and spellbind quickly.
Nostromo
Fallen
1 | 0
Hi guys,

I´m first time player of Median XL and started directly on sigma. I have a bowazon, 115 lvl, started farming K3K without bigger problems in full TU4 (stag bow, jitan armor, deadfall belt, helm with "jah" sigfried, panteon gloves + some SS light plate boots), 75 all res, all sockets +%dex, sometimes occasional death, if I´m too lazy to kite. TA is much more bigger problem, even if I try to shoot from max distance, one swarm of missiles and I´m dead. I can give you more gear/skill info distribution later, or screen from DStats, but basically Sun strike/Dragon Lore/Wyrmshot // Wild and Free, Ecs. frenzy/ Defensive harmony and Paragon to have enough life to survive.

The main thing:
I was looking for a guide, where is written skill/items/Morbs etc. distribution, but I did not find any. I was checking old videos and I took some relevant info and applied it to my gameplay, but there will be probably more news I should know. Also would like to have advanced information like what is the cap for attack speed (EF skill is giving 150%) so how much is good to have, BIS items TU4, and what to look for in the future. So some general overview with advance info would be great.

Can somebody share his deepest knowledge?

Sorry if grammer is not used in the correct way :D

Thank you in advance.
stanleydarsh22
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Crash wrote:I’m mostly under the impression that you’re just not building your amazon specs correctly or effectively because there are definitely ways to make things work. I was doing fauztinville on p2 with my crossbow spec and frenzy. Damage was fine but I’m a lazy dodger so I died a few times.

well, i'm playing a bowzon now and have shit damage and bad sustain, even though my items are theoretically good. For what looks like it should be doing well vs what actually helps my character makes no sense at all. Do you think you can put together a build guide for a bowzon? It's my first median character and i'm really getting annoyed at this mod with the lack of documentation.