The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Fact that reanimates work in teganze is actually fairly new, it was added in one of recent minipatches (was never the case before sigma and on sigma launch). So not only you were unable to leech but also no renaimates. Minions and reanimates help tremendously in that place, and even getting more items with reanimates wouldn't be bad call there. Few hidden crafted items for instance, you can get quite few reanimates from one slot, including good elite ones.
youtube.com/ae1337
ReDsPy
Fallen
1 | 0
Sorry i know this isnt probably the best place for this, but im a melee barb and thought it could go here.

I found a ammy that has lightning arena. I cast it and everything works fine. But when I take it off and switch to my main ammy, it stops casting LA but still shows the buff in the lower left corner. is this a bug that it stops casting? Ive tried it with motw crafted barb axe and you still keep the buff when you remove the axe. any help would be appreciated :) I tried to search other posts but cant find anything about this.
Unnamed
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
'sigma engine' fix old d2 bugs ;)
it's just visual
Sfp4
Pit Knight
103 | 12
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Have you tested the damage difference between maxing spirit guide vs wolves? I feel like adding the flat weapon dmg is going to add potentially the same, or more damage to an attack, whilst also adding the bonus defense from the passive.

Edit: So I have actually respeced and have gone from 715k defense, to 1105k, I also have added 2000 top end damage to my tooltip, while losing 1300 damage on hunters mark. I think dropping wolves end game and dumping 40 points into spirit guide is better not only for the defense, but you deal the hunters mark damage without it even being applied.
Dominos9189
Thunder Beetle
58 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
2000 top end dmg isn't as good as the 1500+ guaranteed dmg of hunter's mark. Plus if you don't put points into wolves, you get 1 wolf which means your spirit guide isn't going to be active all the time. If you have wolves maxed, hunter's mark will have a very high uptime. Plus, the wolves themselves also benefit from the Hunter's mark, which adds a bit of dmg and helps clean up any mobs you may miss while farming. Again, keep in mind that extra dmg and def will NOT be active all the time with only 1 wolf, plus the radius of spirit guide is pretty small. You should have no trouble getting 1.1 mil def with runemaster, bear stance, and basic charms. Anything over that and it's overkill.

Edit: Forgot to add that wolf companion also synergizes with fortress to give it a long target seek range, making Fortress much better than if you were to only have 1 pt in wolves.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
As long as you continue playing high vitality version of this build with fortress, wolf companion is vastly supererior to spirit guide. Curse is added to every hit and every proc that deals physical component, at full value, its not divided by %wdm. So you get it added to every 60% wdm deathgaze axe, every 50% arrow, always 1500+ damage to all of these hits. If you happen to have more procs, wolf set pieces, bladestorm, crucify from gloves, all these have even lower wdm, yet, wolves add full value to each of those hits.
Another argument against spirit guide is, you only get 10%ed per soft point, thats very poor scaling. Defense shouldn't be needed, if you do everything right you gonna have 1mil+ defense, and at lower levels, you have less, but for those ubers even that 700-800k should result in 5% chance to get hit.
EWD bonus loses value the more strength you get and more buff bonus you have (bloodlust from merc), because you will add on top of already big bonus.

There is a a point where I recommend ditching both wolf companion and fortress, but thats in the lategame, when going full strength, but I recommend putting those points into daedalus, you gonna get 1-3.5k lightning damage and about 2000 flat life, which results in 20k hp with 0 vitality invested. When you are carrying all charms and really good items, with full str setup, your d2stats phys damage exceeds 20k, then having +1800 wolf curse is less significant (it is still better than bonus from daedalus or spirit guide would be), but you just trade that part for passive that also gives you health.
youtube.com/ae1337
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
@Ae
Have you tried facebreakers with Candlewake?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
I tried compare candlewake to wolf set and i like 2nd more, same damage and extra procs.
Facebreakers I don't see point, just lot of free ias? ar will still be an issue, tu light gauntlets are difficult to pass
youtube.com/ae1337
wootmcgyver
Prowler
18 | 0
aerial wrote:I tried compare candlewake to wolf set and i like 2nd more, same damage and extra procs.
Facebreakers I don't see point, just lot of free ias? ar will still be an issue, tu light gauntlets are difficult to pass

Seconded. the light gauntlets are god-tier against bosses you can melee. It's actually kind of disgusting how good they are. When I wasn't getting 3-shot by Xazax adds he was dying in 2-3 mins.
Enfoo
Prowler
17 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
aerial wrote:I tried compare candlewake to wolf set and i like 2nd more, same damage and extra procs.

Isn't Candlewake vastly superior if used together with Nero belt?