Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
bloodymezz9
Thunder Beetle
57 | 0
im sure this has probably been addressed already but i have a few pieces of your end gear set and im trying to figure out what to MO it with?
esteceem
Fallen
1 | 0
Very nice guide, GJ !
Items for elemental build are pretty ok, but Lachdanan's Visage is crazy expensive. What armor to replace it u suggest?
Speedpad
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Solfege wrote: (you can easily farm Toraja using the Melee Sorc Set)

It sure is easy but man does it feel slow AF... Edyrem keep dying, are way slower than the zon, and have what looks like shitty attack speed...
Anything i may be doing wrong or is it "normal" as we aren't a summon char ?

Been duo there with a summ barb to give him 10 more edyrem and it was so much quicker.
Papa2lacyb
Imp
4 | 0
Hi,

I am here to say "thank you"
After spending around 7h reading your build, i finally managed to understand my assassin melee build and reach hell.

GL HF
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Do you have any other advice on how to take on Bartuc as melee sorc? I feel really weak in there and barely get any damage in before half the room is full of golems. Trying to clear out the golems near the entrance seems like a death sentence. I assume that you stand still for a bit when near Bartuc to make him take damage? Just randomly running in and hoping that he managed to hit you and running away again immediately seems like a waste of time.

Ohh yea, the golems seems to soak a lot of the damage from Fusillade, I have similar issues on Cathedral of Vanity with Fusillade.

I also find it funny that you marked Jitan as medium but Bartuc as easy, considering one gives you all the time in the world while the other is a constricted race.
Kepy11
Vampiress
36 | 0
Hi, What should we be socketing everything with for end game gear.

Io runes for armor?
Jah runes for wep?
karlsson95
Prowler
17 | 0
Cheno wrote:Do you have any other advice on how to take on Bartuc as melee sorc? I feel really weak in there and barely get any damage in before half the room is full of golems. Trying to clear out the golems near the entrance seems like a death sentence. I assume that you stand still for a bit when near Bartuc to make him take damage? Just randomly running in and hoping that he managed to hit you and running away again immediately seems like a waste of time.

Ohh yea, the golems seems to soak a lot of the damage from Fusillade, I have similar issues on Cathedral of Vanity with Fusillade.

I also find it funny that you marked Jitan as medium but Bartuc as easy, considering one gives you all the time in the world while the other is a constricted race.

Summon all your summons (whether it's blades or ice elementals), run in and cast force blast, golems should flock to your summons, run next to Bartuc and cast firedance and fusillade, run to opposite side to re-summon as needed, repeat until he's dead

Sometimes fusillade won't hit him but when it does it takes a good chunk of his damage

If you get bad luck and there's too many golems just restart because I find it's almost impossible to get to Bartuc at that point
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
bloodymezz9 wrote:im sure this has probably been addressed already but i have a few pieces of your end gear set and im trying to figure out what to MO it with?

I just updated the guide with preliminary End-Game gear lists. I don't like recommending MOs for SUs if I haven't tested them, but for SU armor pieces, DEX is a safe bet. For Steel Punisher (if I ever find it), I'm going to try EWD, then DS.

esteceem wrote:Very nice guide, GJ !
Items for elemental build are pretty ok, but Lachdanan's Visage is crazy expensive. What armor to replace it u suggest?

At a glance, I really don't see much. Lachdanan is gonna be a core piece for an Elemental build. I suppose you could try a single-Element body armor (e.g. SSU Chain Mail) if you have it, or even T4 Ancient Armor. But Lachdanan is gonna be your best bet.

Speedpad wrote:
Solfege wrote: (you can easily farm Toraja using the Melee Sorc Set)

It sure is easy but man does it feel slow AF... Edyrem keep dying, are way slower than the zon, and have what looks like shitty attack speed...
Anything i may be doing wrong or is it "normal" as we aren't a summon char ?

Been duo there with a summ barb to give him 10 more edyrem and it was so much quicker.

No, it's just slow af. Only thing you can really do is Force Blast and use Blade Spirits as distractions to keep Edyrem alive longer.

And everything in this game is easier as a Barb. Barb as a class is just op. -_-

Papa2lacyb wrote:Hi,

I am here to say "thank you"
After spending around 7h reading your build, i finally managed to understand my assassin melee build and reach hell.

GL HF

<meme>Not sure if backhanded compliment or sarcasm</meme>

Kepy11 wrote:Hi, What should we be socketing everything with for end game gear.

Io runes for armor?
Jah runes for wep?

Yes. I just posted preliminary End-Game gear lists.

karlsson95 wrote:
Cheno wrote:Do you have any other advice on how to take on Bartuc as melee sorc? I feel really weak in there and barely get any damage in before half the room is full of golems. Trying to clear out the golems near the entrance seems like a death sentence. I assume that you stand still for a bit when near Bartuc to make him take damage? Just randomly running in and hoping that he managed to hit you and running away again immediately seems like a waste of time.

Summon all your summons (whether it's blades or ice elementals), run in and cast force blast, golems should flock to your summons, run next to Bartuc and cast firedance and fusillade, run to opposite side to re-summon as needed, repeat until he's dead

Sometimes fusillade won't hit him but when it does it takes a good chunk of his damage

If you get bad luck and there's too many golems just restart because I find it's almost impossible to get to Bartuc at that point

Pretty much what karlsson95 said.

I can't see half of what's going on in this game, so the Uber strats I write up are just what works for me based on that. With Bartuc, for example, I can't tell his sprite from the Golems' sprites. But I know generally where he spawns. So I just run to that area, cast Fusillade, then retreat. If the Charm drops, I grab it. If it doesn't, I try again until it does.
Vyvanne
Prowler
17 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Just hit 122, still got full honorifics, Umbaru's mask, Cloudladder (haven't gotten a good abandoned craft on a shield yet, plus the 50 stats is too good still for me atm). Able to farm Duncraig and Tengaze pretty ok, bit slowish but doable. Haven't found anything good yet but have 240 mf and will keep grinding!

Got 2 earth runes so far, not so much else. used a few essences on the Umbaru Treasure but I figure maybe trying to save them to get Kabraxis' Stones to make an upgraded runeword sword? We'll see. Still only 1 piece of Mysteries dropped so far :D
bloodymezz9
Thunder Beetle
57 | 0
how do you get the sacred rings and amulets? i see that in your build your using them im currently using 2 empyrean bands +5 and the teganze. Ive only recently started playing median