What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Still diablo 3.

Tbh, it seem like my necro is OP with couple new stuff i got. I was hesitate do in the past because how grind it was even with full set to get season journey running. But now, I feel like im able to complete whole thing, assuming im able to clear rift 75 (for 3x level 65 gem 100% chance), boss mode and TX rift in 2 minute conquest. 6x full set rift completion is easy, but i would need to create another char from scratches, which could double my playtime just for 1 conquest. Probably d3 will occupy my playtime for another week, which I will bombarded with new humble monthly games by that time.

Lets see how far can I push so I can end my d3 games with a bang.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Trying to beat Hardcore difficulty on Resident Evil 2 Remake right now.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
speedran this mofo.

iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time

Finally im done with D3, it is not that hard tbh, but im proud i pushed until the end playing solo.
For conquest, i completed 350 cursed chest, boss mode and craft 3x level 65 gems
It was exhausting that i spent almost 12 hours today just to finish this.
Probably last time i will be playing D3, i dont see how they can create more fun casual season than this one.

Now I can start playing other games. Just registered EA Origin Access super cheap (1.5 USD for 1st month) so I will try to complete as many AAA games as possible over there. Playing Opus Magnum + Mirror's Edge Catalyst atm
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Did everything you can possibly do on RE2 Remake. Leon A / Claire A , Leon B / Claire B runs on hardcore, 4th Survivor and Tofu survivor, all collectibles.

Capcom nailed it, its just one of the best remake games ive ever played and those usually tend to suck ass. I pirated the game to try it out first, but its so good i just bought it on steam.
Supersalmas2
Prowler
15 | 0
Found this killer article on RE2. Anyone who has purchased it yet and can validate this for me? I like the series but I'm skeptical about the latest one
https://www.eneba.com/blog/resident-evi ... -the-game/

I'm playing no man's sky now btw. Awesome visuals, could stare all day
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Finished:
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
As part of my plan to finish as many as possible from 1 month of EA Origin Access, this is the first one i grabbed. Main reason was i couldnt finish the first game because of the anti-piracy system and just want to see if it any good 10 years after first game. Sadly no. I have so many issues with the game that I wonder if the game was much better back then or simply good because it was different compared to other game out back then.

Platforming in MEC is kinda putting thread into needle while drunk. I believe I died a lot of times simply because I wasnt close enough or the game doesnt have enough compensation for mistiming / misdirect a jump. Since many game already in corporate more friendly parkour (titanfall 2 specifically) so MEC no longer unique from gameplay perspective. The game do have some gadget upgrades depending after completing story mission but it didnt expand much traversal power in the hub. Oh, did u know that game have open world area inbetween story missions? I didnt bother to do any of them after finishing couple of side stuff.

Worse part of the game is easily the combat system. Maybe it was bad because i was playing with gamepad rather than KBM, but there arent depth in it all. I could wallrun and hit from air, but it is just more effective to dodge and attack ur enemy repeatly. This is part that bring the game from OK, to mediocre. I cant say much for story aside from evil corporation trying to take over the society and our MC trying to stop them. The End.

Playing:
1. The Surge
Say what ever you hated about the Lord of the fallens, gameplay wise it felt logical and there are tons of stuff / playstyle you can use in the game from the get go. The surge start without any story at all aside you are disabled and the rig allow the MC to walk around. Something bad happened and everyone went crazy and want to everything else.

Maybe because I went to go with heavy weapon and tanky build, that doesnt mean you cant balance the combat properly. The combo system is terrible with input buffer and you cant cancel the animation at all although you spam dodge button like crazy. Single rigged weapon is understandable very slow, but when you got super OP dash + attack that much safer than everything else, making the combat felt 1 dimensional. Additionally, somehow your dash in the game is super speed, almost ridiculous level when you compare it with attack animation speed.

Same goes to the enemy, at start of the game, the enemy are crazily aggressive when you reach their vision. Many of enemy able to dash attack you from a couple meter away and they usually have super fast recovery between attack. There arent much variety on enemy atm, but Im only 3 act in (total is about 6 act iirc). My only issue is probably the damage scaling in the game. Im using heavy armor, and yet light / fast enemy can hit 50% of my hp despite i was using 2 implants as well to improve my hp

The gear system is kinda neat for the implant system but gear variety very lacked. I only have about 2 full sets of armor and about 10 weapons with 5 different type. This is way less than TLoF and the game also discourage weapon switching because of the proficiency system. As for boss, I died a lot as usual. It is fun challenge to discover way / understand their pattern, but I can guaranteed you that the first boss is pretty ridiculous and unbalanced for such a boss with gimmick.

2. Opus Magnum
Nothing much to say aside it is a nice puzzle game about creating ur own solution with many tools available from the get go. There is story, but I simply dont care about it. But if ppl ask if i would pay money for this type of game? I wouldnt pay more than 2 dollar sadly. This is the best game for large community mods no doubt, but sadly i dont see how they can expand it on origin aside from sharing replay as gif.

3. Unravel
Simple straight forward cute platformer about "a thread creature" going to the right side of the screen while tackling simple puzzle along the way. I already play many games like this so I havent see anything new yet.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
@iwansquall honestly, I think Mirror's edge became so famous because of all the easter eggs there are in the game. I mean... there are still easter eggs being found.

Gameplaywise even the first one was mediocre. You basically just ran from 1 stage to another, then had a fight and repeat.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
I didnt hate lords of the fallen, i thought it was an ok game for a souls like, i like the combat animations its got. Problem with it are technical issues it has i.e. a lot of clipping, the AI was even dumber than dark souls 3 which is an accomplishment on its own, generally meh story (granted, dark souls doesnt exactly have a fleshed out story either but its more compelling than what lords has) and the first boss is the hardest boss in the entire game, and even he is easy once you know all phases. Every other boss you could beat with a fucked up build. If dark souls 1 gets a 9/10 from me, then Lords gets a 6/10. Not awful but not much to tell home about.

As for the surge, i found it a bit better than Lords, but not by much. Dark souls with robots sounds fresh, but the enemy lineup was recycled to fuck, almost every enemy fought and looked the same way (which also happens a lot with Lords, lets be honest). Also, didnt like how unimaginative the upgrade system was in Surge. I liked how combat works by targetting parts of the enemy that you can "borrow" after a kill tho. End of the day , if you like Dark Souls you "might" enjoy Lords....big IF, but if youre a hardcore fan of dark souls you will probably get put off by a lot of stuff in Surge.
ChingeR
Rust Claw
82 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Rocket League, Escape from Tarkov and Apex Legends.

Appart form Median XL: Sigma ofc :)