Javazon

itsme
Thunder Beetle
55 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
With charms it's ~18.5k, plus another >1k if I put 300 spare points in vitality. It could be much higher, but I haven't tried pushing it because in SP it stops being relevant after a while. I'd only want more life for Laz/Void bosses, not much else can realistically kill me while I'm stuck on p1. Realm would be a better place to test the limits for sure.

I should experiment more with craft body armour, that one looks pretty alright. Dunno if this will appeal to you but I've been using the TA trophy upgrade to
The Sleep
The Sleep
Required Level: 90
Cube with Trophy to Awaken
Disenchant to open a portal to the World Nexus
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Maximum Fire Resist +(0 to 1)%
Maximum Lightning Resist +(0 to 1)%
Maximum Cold Resist +(0 to 1)%
Maximum Poison Resist +(0 to 1)%
which gives 40-50% MF and since then I've been able to sit on 175% with normal gear and no jewels/runes.
Incicture
Destroyer
6 | 0
I'm checking differences for Lionblood Crest and Lavadome too, seems like having that 500 Life and 20% to all attributes might seem worth too especially with the double duration of moonbeam, we only cast it once in a while therefore more dps output especially if you focus a lot on enfilade

EDIT:
Okay here's some of the differences. Note that I used both helms full with dex gems and checked some basic differences like damage output of Enfilade and HP.
Used a clean Lionblood Crest(failed lucky).
Also note that the Lavadome has been MO'd with the most useful stats you can get from vendor like flat dex, vit, dmg, and squeezing in a bit of MF. Nothing less, nothing more.
► Show Spoiler

Damage Output of Enfilade(Amplified using offhand Koth and Ath shield RW)
    Lavadome giving out 6337-10k damage
    Lionblood crest gives out 6286-10k damage

Hitpoints(Current hitpoints with subpar and incomplete charms at L128
    Lavadome - 13771 hp
    Lionblood Crest - 13668 hp

Pros and Cons?
Lavadome
Gives better MO availability that helps achieve minimum frames for things such as block speeds and squeezing a bit of MF.
Not much of a difference for other aspects even with the +2 skills affecting key skills like Paragon. Probably better regeneration due to having slight increase in hp(about 100-200hp, in comparison with Lionblood Crest) and adding bits of points to Moonbeam.
Low stat req

Lionblood Crest
Lesser MO availability, but potentially better if luckied with Lottery Recipe(increase in HP)
Higher Attack Rate due to % attributes and thus decent vit increase as well.
Higher max resists for Fire and Poison.
Half synergistic with
Hellrain
Hellrain
Maiden Javelin (Sacred)

Throw Damage: (241 - 263) to (337 - 364)
One-Hand Damage: (174 - 188) to (245 - 262)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 310
Required Dexterity: 600
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
Adds 1% Crushing Blow per 4% Fire Spell damage
5% Chance to cast level 60 Cataclysm on Kill
2% Chance to cast level 60 Rain of Fire on Striking
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
Adds 50-100 Damage
-(20 to 60)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(170 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Slow Target 25%
+100 to Dexterity
Socketed (3)
Rain of Fire proc and even with Fairy Ring if you spam them quite often.
You get to spam Moonbeam less due to longer moonbeam duration lasting 20 seconds, which can squeeze in bits of frames for Enfilade and Fairy Ring(or whatever you spam skill with)
Might be better in terms of HP increase if you invest some vitality in base stats because of the % attribute
Also, potential synergy (- enemy poison res) with
Xorine's Ring
Xorine's Ring
Ring

Required Level: 80
Item Level: 80
+1 Projectile to Punisher
10% Chance to cast level 19 Punishers on Kill
(51 to 100)% Bonus to Attack Rating
-(3 to 5)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
if you needed more procs in which the ring gives 15% chance to proc L9 Punisher(about 3 Punishers missiles per proc)
Negetive Cold Resistance

-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm also using a
Lion
Runeword for Amazon Shields as an alternative with
Danmaku
Danmaku
Athulua's Hand (Sacred)

Defense: (2657 - 3003) to (2861 - 3234)
Chance to Block: 5%
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 349
Item Level: 120
5% Chance to cast level 15 Javelin Nova on Kill
15% Chance to cast level 5 Javelin on Striking
1% Chance to cast level 45 Fire Bolt Nova on Striking
+(2 to 3) to Amazon Skill Levels
1% Base Block Chance
35% Attack Speed
25% Block Speed
Adds 15-25 Damage
+(21 to 25)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
Socketed (4)
considering the price of the item in realm (especially being a staple for this guide). I'm currently using Setzschild, I am however aware that I'm using the wrong base due to having this item crafted while in curare build. I ultimately fixed it using -10% Requirements jewels with useful mods in it such as block speeds, flat att, life on kills, uninterruptable attacks. Here's a preview
► Show Spoiler
itsme
Thunder Beetle
55 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Good post. It seems to me like Lavadome/Lionblood/craft aren't hugely better or worse than each other overall (unless you're going heavy into elemental). This is the craft I've been using for a while now:
► Show Spoiler

By switching that to a 16% roll Lionblood:
-Lose ~5% total physical damage and +4 skills (= bonus skill damage)
-Lose many MOs
-Gain ~2.5% Fairy Ring damage (lost 5% physical, gained 16/2 pierce) and 16% fire spellproc damage
-Gain ~400 life (more if I invest in VIT)
-Gain max resists

Which is basically a wash. If I switched back to Lavadome I'd get life and MO space but lose more damage.
Ultimately the big difference is Lionblood's max resists and whether they're really useful or not. I still don't think the Moonbeam duration does much... it's the difference between 1/30th of your time throwing Moonbeam or 1/60th of your time. There aren't many situations where I'm standing still attacking for more than 10 seconds. Vizjun maybe.

For
Lion
, I get that it's an easy source of +1% block, but that's about the only thing it has going for it over
The Sightless Eye
The Sightless Eye
Athulua's Hand (4)

Defense: (43 - 47) to (84 - 92)
Chance to Block: 4%
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 1
Required Dexterity: 21
Item Level: 1
+5 to Maximum Damage
Adds 4-5 Cold Damage
Slow Target 5%
+(12 to 23)% Enhanced Defense
(2 to 5)% to Dexterity
+1 Mana on Striking
Socketed (1)
Defense: (171 - 185) to (271 - 293)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 19
Required Dexterity: 32
Item Level: 31
+10 to Maximum Damage
Adds 11-15 Cold Damage
Slow Target 7%
+(35 to 46)% Enhanced Defense
(10 to 13)% to Dexterity
+1 Mana on Striking
Socketed (3)
Defense: (436 - 466) to (658 - 704)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 36
Required Dexterity: 67
Item Level: 51
+15 to Maximum Damage
Adds 33-40 Cold Damage
Slow Target 9%
+(58 to 69)% Enhanced Defense
(18 to 21)% to Dexterity
+1 Mana on Striking
Socketed (4)
Defense: (643 - 685) to (964 - 1027)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 45
Required Dexterity: 139
Item Level: 77
+20 to Maximum Damage
Adds 100-120 Cold Damage
Slow Target 10%
+(69 to 80)% Enhanced Defense
(22 to 25)% to Dexterity
+1 Mana on Striking
Socketed (4)
. Crafted Zon shields can roll +1% block and will often be much better than Lion. I'll try to come up with an example.

I'll start adding some of this stuff to the guide soonish + mention something about merc gearing.
DoctorHellNo
Jungle Hunter
29 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Worth doing if you dont have danmaku?
itsme
Thunder Beetle
55 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
DoctorHellNo wrote:Worth doing if you dont have danmaku?

Depends on what you mean by "worth doing". It works fine without it, but it's not going to be competitive with other endgame specs if you're missing key gear. Danmaku is the second most desired item for this build behind a good weapon.
Buchsbaum
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hi, I'm new to Median XL, but a aRPG and D2 veteran of a few thousand hours and you got me confused.

I'm just in A4 normal and get absolutely destroyed with Ecstatic Frenzy active. I guess that's to be expected before maxblock, but with 210 dex I'm a looooong way off. The thing is, the build is supposed to kite a bunch of mobs, so potentially you'll get hit by a bunch of mobs if you mess up a bit and I don't see how even maxblock can safe you from stun/block-lock. Not to mention there are a gazillion mobs that teleport into your face or are invisible, or throw stuns.

So I guess my question is: when do you use ecstatic frenzy, and how do you deal with stuns and teleporting mobs?

Then you got me confused with the skill use. Moonbeam seems needed due to the stong defensive buff to counteract Ecstatic Frenzy. Then you comment the main damage is Enfilade and Fairy Ring. Thing is - I'm supposed to kite stuff, so there are only intervals at which I can attack. Keeping a (at the moment) 2.8s Buff up while doing that seems borderline impossible and requires kinda open areas anyway. Especially as long as locks and stuns are an issue. Close corners, for example on the way to Mephisto are especially problematic - maybe I should specc and use Ricochet there.

Would be nice if you could expand on gameplay and skill use-changes due to breakpoints and progression :)
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Buchsbaum wrote:Hi, I'm new to Median XL, but a aRPG and D2 veteran of a few thousand hours and you got me confused.

I'm just in A4 normal and get absolutely destroyed with Ecstatic Frenzy active. I guess that's to be expected before maxblock, but with 210 dex I'm a looooong way off. The thing is, the build is supposed to kite a bunch of mobs, so potentially you'll get hit by a bunch of mobs if you mess up a bit and I don't see how even maxblock can safe you from stun/block-lock. Not to mention there are a gazillion mobs that teleport into your face or are invisible, or throw stuns.

So I guess my question is: when do you use ecstatic frenzy, and how do you deal with stuns and teleporting mobs?

Then you got me confused with the skill use. Moonbeam seems needed due to the stong defensive buff to counteract Ecstatic Frenzy. Then you comment the main damage is Enfilade and Fairy Ring. Thing is - I'm supposed to kite stuff, so there are only intervals at which I can attack. Keeping a (at the moment) 2.8s Buff up while doing that seems borderline impossible and requires kinda open areas anyway. Especially as long as locks and stuns are an issue. Close corners, for example on the way to Mephisto are especially problematic - maybe I should specc and use Ricochet there.

Would be nice if you could expand on gameplay and skill use-changes due to breakpoints and progression :)

As you are new you really shouldn't use EF at the beginning, dmg gain is pitiful at low lvls and attack speed is meh as Fairy Ring does most of the killing. Get Tier 3 Setzschild and you can walk through norm and NM, later when you are more familiar with the mobs you can switch to more faster and glass-cannony build.
itsme
Thunder Beetle
55 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Buchsbaum wrote:Hi, I'm new to Median XL, but a aRPG and D2 veteran of a few thousand hours and you got me confused.

If you've been keeping up with your weapon upgrades you should be able to kill most everything in 1-2 Enfilades which is why the EF attack speed is useful; it lets you chew through stuff before it reaches you. Turning EF off will make this nigh-impossible to do and you'll rely on FR crawling a lot more. I agree that if you're not familiar with which monsters to prioritise/which can kill you it could be worth playing it safer; A4 is a difficulty spike with several big threats (Heretics, Troupers, Firebloods) and in normal your defense will still be relevant. But ultimately it's just a matter of recognising what's what and how you should behave.

Moonbeam duration can definitely be an issue early on. I keep it on left click and tap shift, alternating it with my other skill. Also make sure you're using your summons to mitigate damage, you can always bait with them if you're not sure how to advance. Obviously Moonbeam is not useful if you just kill everything before it can hit you.

Props on putting up with getting this build to level 18 as a new player by the way, it has an incredibly painful first few levels by Median standards. By where you are now the worst part is long over.
Buchsbaum
Skeleton
2 | 0
itsme wrote:Props on putting up with getting this build to level 18 as a new player by the way, it has an incredibly painful first few levels by Median standards. By where you are now the worst part is long over.

Actually those were quite fun - lining mobs up and having that kind of AoE to hit them all from the beginning is comparatively powerful when you come from Path of Exile :)
My main issues came from enjoying that too much and playing with Moonbeam for too long, if anything.
Sadly the Enfilade / Fairy Ring playstyle isn't what I was expecting from a "Java".
Sfp4
Pit Knight
103 | 12
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
have you tried using charged strike oskill as single-target? and does it provide viable single-target dps?