The Sumodin

Arubel
Bone Archer
74 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
i´m @ lv 100+ now and things start getting ruff. Can´t kill Baal. My Minions got onehitted.
Ich readet your guide. What is a mo'oed Item?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Arubel wrote:i´m @ lv 100+ now and things start getting ruff. Can´t kill Baal. My Minions got onehitted.
Ich readet your guide. What is a mo'oed Item?

Taken from the FAQ under the guide:

HechtHeftig wrote:Q: What does "Mo'ed" mean?

A: Mo = Mystic orb. So when I say "Mo'ed" I mean "cubed with mystic orbs of that certain type"

These mystic orbs can be bought for example from gheed, Alkor and so on. They cost 15 k each, until you finish the Q1 in Act 2. Then their price drop to 13500. Getting some more minion life and minion resist (minion resist is capped at 75%) at that point will be really helpful! Don't forget that one mystic orb increases the level requirement of the item by 4, so make sure you don't put too many mystic orbs on your items, else you won't be able to equip them.
Arubel
Bone Archer
74 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hiho. i´m @ lv 110 now. Minion Resi maxed, 12k hp, 2k+ Dmg.

At this point i try to get better Gear. I haven´t found ANY sacred unique so far (except one red vex sin set belt).

Question to the weapon: Weapon:

"Shrine Crafter War Scepter with +5 skills and lots of minion damage/life"

You are also crafting a honorific and shrine in with tainted?

Sry for the noob questions, but @ Median Discord everyone talks russian. As a german it´s a bit hard :D
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Arubel wrote:Hiho. i´m @ lv 110 now. Minion Resi maxed, 12k hp, 2k+ Dmg.

At this point i try to get better Gear. I haven´t found ANY sacred unique so far (except one red vex sin set belt).

Question to the weapon: Weapon:

"Shrine Crafter War Scepter with +5 skills and lots of minion damage/life"

You are also crafting a honorific and shrine in with tainted?

Sry for the noob questions, but @ Median Discord everyone talks russian. As a german it´s a bit hard :D

I‘ll answer that in German then:

Nein, das scepter ist kein honorific, stattdessen habe ich es mit tainted shrines gecrafted. Einfach shrine +rares scepter in den Würfel und solange cuben bis du die gewünschten affixe hast. (+4-5 pala Skills und 50-60% minion damage. Eventuell bis zu 30% damage oder Life mehr da scepter das zusätzlich bekommen können)
Arubel
Bone Archer
74 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Ok, hast du auch eine Empfehlung für ein Schild? (bis ich das sacred unique finde)
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
I've been thinking about this build, did anyone try to make hybrid, holy melee with it?
Basically minion crafts, except keeping high defense on them, and weapon with good damage roll, rest focus on minion stats.
You could add retal/DJ to the mix, retal should help minion survival as well thanks to knockback.
Of all hybrids, melee seems to be easiest to pull off, because all you really need is defense on items which you would want as summoner too, and damage rolls on weapon.
youtube.com/ae1337
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Arubel wrote:Ok, hast du auch eine Empfehlung für ein Schild? (bis ich das sacred unique finde)

Einfach bei Dies Metus bleiben. 30% minion resist ist sehr gut und es gibt viel minion life.

@Aeriel I didn't so far simply because I think if I roll it further with melee, then there's no purpose in playing with summons to begin with.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
They add lot of damage, and you wouldn't have downtime between teleports.
I don't know but I think this could be legit better tha pure melee, unless you get some really good gear, procs, stuff like venom sting for melee.
Otherwise are are not losing much from regular melee, in comparison to specializing. You'd just carry items with more strength bonus, its easier to get those starter items, some TU, nih boots. But they don't really provide that much more power to melee than minion crafts with good deefnse/some stats.

I do see the appeal in just teleporting around with minions, but this is fairly hard to scale past certain point. What can you really do, once you have good buffs, qarak from merc, motw, spam vindicate, you get to really high tier of minion stats, premium crafts, goetia.
Is there something gamebreaking that can multiply clear speed past that point? If we could add dark power to our minions maybe, some combos with renimates (but that would require triggering kills not via minion). Destroyer shaman + moon knight would be neat for sure. 2x Auhe helm for merc could technically do the trick. I'm not sure what is exact effect of ias from this skill, but since skill ias got removed and replaced with much higher regular ias, applying ~80 ias on minions could have interesting result.
Auriel's robe (level 10 wolf stance while equipped) and item with stance radius? barb set belt, but that seems rather short. Wolf stance has huge returns on minion potential.
SU staff with bane oskill could add some damage, If it can stack with colosseum (which im not quite sure if it can).

edit:
Another idea, even for pure summoner - slows target.
I don't think its capped anywhere low, so you can get like 90% if you can, ultra slow vs trash. If you could spread that via colosseum, it would be gigantic boost to potential of this build in terms of safety.
youtube.com/ae1337
Ananochi
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I like where you are going aerial. Keep thinking :thumb:

I have also myself thought about how to improve these aspects of the build. Mainly because some certain Ubers (bosses) just ain't doable with minion-setups. I wan't to have some kind of "easy-respec-option" / hybrid alternative I can move towards, so that I can also do these bosses.

I have not gone further but to think about which Oskills might make sense, or how you could actually do a melee-hitting-summon hybrid - but have yet to find some specific items or builds.
Arubel
Bone Archer
74 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
HechtHeftig wrote:
Ananochi wrote:Image

How to get above 7k damage?

Got (tainted) crafted Weapon, Shield, Helm and Belt. Still wearing Goetia Plate and Nebels (x2). Do you guys also shrine craft boots / gloves? I still run Tainted blessed MO on those slots.

Best,
Ananochi

Yes, shrine crafting would add more minion damage. Also try to get +2 pala skills on the crafted on Belt and Gloves. That will further enhance your damage output.

But if you use a honorific and shrine it with taintet, how do you get +2 pala?