ABeLina
Rust Claw
89 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Introduction
Most guides available now are based on melee spec (or SSU War Staff + Mana Sweep), i did not met any caster sorceress during my leveling - but those "classic" builds are very nice, too.
Pros and cons:
Pros:
  • can be played untwinked (and should be played this way)
  • does not require any expensive gear (maybe last ubers, see below)
  • 3s teleport (divine apparition) timer is accessible at lvl78 and is much safer than barb (timerless) teleport on enemy
Cons:
  • not barb :(
  • a bit slower leveling compared to good summoner barb or summoner pally, at least until ubers. Not by much ;-)
  • requires lots of hotkeys and spell switching
  • no good single target spell (but some ideas available)
  • not sure if possible to do all ubers without respec and different item sets. Probably no, but most ubers doable (easy way!)
Setup:
I set up my keys on keyboard in this way:
► Show Spoiler

Breakpoints:
► Show Spoiler

Gameplay:
Early game:
► Show Spoiler

Mid-game (90+):
► Show Spoiler

Easy Ubers to do, in order:
► Show Spoiler

End game:
► Show Spoiler

Media
Full teganze run and other bosses:
► Show Spoiler
Edited by ABeLina 5 years.
paolo12
Cog
203 | 18
Thanks a lot for a guide. Good job!
Maybe someone will write a guide for another "forgotten" class - bowazon.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
No skillplan, no even half of gearing before SU/Sets, no any real guidance thru ubers completion (with such gear ofc., that you must get from basically 2 first difficulties?).... Seems like i just ate a barrel of s***..
PS: I guess someone really need to remake "guide to write guides" X_X Or it shouldn't be placed in old guides 'cause last time guides are really sheet compared to what we had before (at least in information part)
Edited by Scalewinged 5 years.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
paolo12 wrote:Thanks a lot for a guide.
i see no blue text . but i suppose you are joking
ABeLina
Rust Claw
89 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Scalewinged wrote:No skillplan, no even half of gearing before SU/Sets

There is skillplan for early game (and skillpoint/stat point distribution for late game, which is not very different from early game "max this skill"). Should i put link into characted builder or what?
Also, there are item suggestions, but really which can be acquired by playing game/made from runewords. Yes, i did not included exact gear set for early "super-twinked" startup, because... Not needed?

Scalewinged wrote:PS: I guess someone really need to remake "guide to write guides" X_X Or it shouldn't be placed in old guides 'cause last time guides are really sheet compared to what we had before (at least in information part)

Go on, i would read such guidance. But if this consists from classic "take all those TU's from stash, give to lvl1 characted and see him rolling trough n-n-h without any thinking" then... Just meh. Usually when you play untwinked you do not have many choices - just use what you find around and i provided guidelines (about jewels, safety - you did not read this part, right?) how to survive in this case.
fassts
Imp
4 | 0
is Elemental set bad here?
ABeLina
Rust Claw
89 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
fassts wrote:is Elemental set bad here?

No, it's good, but Ghostmoon is so much better vs large crowds, that it is better to break set and use shield + orb.
But at least as mid-game option until you find ghostmoon (should be easy, as it's SU, not even SSU) it's very good. I will add note to next guide revision.
fassts
Imp
4 | 0
is aerin orbiter worse than moonwrap in mid game?
Masive
Stygian Watcher
43 | 1
Nice guide!
Was kinda stuck at 120 after following the "tempestsucks" build but this build helpd me to fill in the gaps :thumb:
Forked lightning was soooo much better then tempest!
Got some questions tho...
#1 If i got it right staves are better then orb/shield cuz of FCR but i see that you use orb in you´re end game setup.. why is that?
#2 what kind of Orb´s did you use on you´re gear?
#3 is crafted gear or sacred uniqes bis for end game?
ABeLina
Rust Claw
89 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
fassts wrote:is aerin orbiter worse than moonwrap in mid game?

OK, let's see:
Moonwrap T4:
Required Strength: 58
30% Cast Speed
+20% to Spell Damage
+(75 to 86)% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +(36 to 40)%
Lightning Resist +(36 to 40)%

Orbiter T4:
Required Strength: 288
30% Cast Speed
+(14 to 15)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(14 to 15)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(14 to 15)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(75 to 86)% Enhanced Defense
+(36 to 40) to Energy
Elemental Resists +(18 to 20)%
Elemental/Magic Damage Reduced by (18 to 20)

So, main problem is str requirement (288 vs 58), usually without charms and investment to str you do not have enough str to wear it.
You get the same cast speed, 5-6% less spell damage, the same summary resistances. Only bonus from orbiter is energy.
So, if you already have orbiter AND have enough str from some item (not investing into str just because you want to use it) - it's good choice, you probably won't feel difference (spelldmg loss is compensated by energy). But if you need to invest smth like 50str just to wear it - no. Go with moonwrap.
Both are good and have lots of MO space.

Masive wrote:#1 If i got it right staves are better then orb/shield cuz of FCR but i see that you use orb in you´re end game setup.. why is that?

Ghostmoon
Ghostmoon
Sacred Globe (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 36 to 37
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 177
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
+8 to Maximum Forked Lightning Projectiles
+(4 to 6) to Sorceress Skill Levels
+20% to Spell Damage
-20% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Regenerate Mana +(15 to 40)%
Maximum Elemental Resists +(0 to 1)%
(15 to 25)% Gold Find
(15 to 25)% Magic Find
Socketed (2)
gives +8 projectiles to Forked Lightning. Yes, you are loosing 20% of max cast speed, but gaining a lot from "increased FL density" - clearing stuff is still much faster compared to staff.
Masive wrote:#2 what kind of Orb´s did you use on you´re gear?

MO? In priority: resistances (if needed/not max), minion res until ~50%, ED on armor/belt/head (everywhere, where it gives noticeable def. boost - good base item), all remaining space - cold/lightning dmg orbs.
Only 2 UMO's are on fresh
Witchcraft
Witchcraft
Ring

Required Level: 100
Item Level: 120
+2 to All Skills
20% Cast Speed
-5% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Maximum Mana (-5 to 5)%
20% Bonus to Defense
ringhs (endless).
Masive wrote:#3 is crafted gear or sacred uniqes bis for end game?
Both - gloves, circlet are crafted, others are SU/SSU, but this is not definitive guide - you may not find required uniques, so feel free to replace them with runewords/crafts, all should work (maybe except orb and, probably, belt).