Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Crash wrote:
Tanin wrote:Ok.
Managed to kill Kabraxis and 4 of the 4 seals to get the Great Gems. But I can't seem to be able to do the middle one - seal of Wizardry.

After 10 minutes of spamming Thundercrack I managed to kill it but then all the minions are impossible. They kill me pretty fast and I can't seem to do any damage (unlike all other 4 seals and minions which were pretty easy.)

you should be using mag field for this. it hits way more times. I just used ecstatic frenzy with a respec to max it and get damage, it goes extremely fast, or if you have
Trang-Oul's Breath
Trang-Oul's Breath
Mask (Sacred)

Defense: (1316 - 2256) to (1405 - 2409)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 600
Item Level: 105
Dragon Breath: Reduces Weapon Physical Damage by 25%
+(1 to 2) to All Skills
+(15 to 40)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(40 to 140)% Enhanced Defense
+250 to Mana
Maximum Fire Resist +(1 to 2)%
Maximum Cold Resist +(1 to 2)%
Socketed (4)
, tht with mag field should be enough at a somewhat okay rate.

Otherwise, you can just get a balefire oskill helmet or respec to bloodzon really quick for magic missiles, whatever you think is most comfortable.

I don’t have the helm but I am having a hard time believing it will make a difference.

I tried killing that seal with Jitan’s+Siegfried rw with magnetic field and it took 7-8 minutes of just standing with the mouse button clicked. Afterwards it was carnage for me...

Will the added elemental damage from Trang-Oul’s really make that big of a difference?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Tanin wrote:Will the added elemental damage from Trang-Oul’s really make that big of a difference?

If you want the easiest, fastest result for the magic seal, just make sure you have two belladonnas, respec to max ecstatic frenzy, use that with magnetic field, then respec back after you're done
Demonlord
Cog
201 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Whats your Thoughts on Rebel El+Xis Chest? 200% EWD and +250 flat str and dex? Not too bad and almost gives what SOK gives kinda without the bug? That bug is pretty noticeable when i swap to a MF chest and dont really lose much damage at all.. not near anything close to what i should feel im losing. Best thing about the MF chest i run it caps my Phys res im normally a few short on with SOK. But i would like to work in some more damage for faster farming if possible. IDK ive looked through the lists a few times and im pretty hard pressed to find anything close to better than what you have listed really.. Bravo.

Thats pretty much the only other thing i can figure to do with this thing now gear wise is work in as much MF as possible while still being able to farm Fauzt/Bremm/Dunc consistently. Im up to like 200% now i think but i swap out SOK for Haralti's or something like that. And run some MF boots and jewelry atm. I got that one Liliths MF belt but its on my merc i cant seem to work it in realistically without giving up my FCR and FBR BPs. Maybe work on some better stuff for my Merc i guess. He does put in work. And ive noticed the more levels my Merc gets the better he survives farming. At 134 he was toast second he walked in Fauzt now hes fine in there. This is with no gear changes either.

2 more levels to 140. Guess after that exp is gonna come to a crawl im expecting. its already starting to drop off pretty good now.
Chris_Kush
Heretic
444 | 16
Nice guide, enjoying playing this character so far...at 110lvl at the moment. I was wondering if you had any thoughts on how viable a caster bias would be with this build. I am thinking of respecing to HoZ, Stormcall and Magnetic Field and using
Thunderbane
. Focus on increasing cast speed, mana and life leech, and (- enemy lightening resist) + Spell Damage. HoZ + Stormcall + Thundercrack for farming and HoZ + Magnetic Field for Boss killing.

Seems like it could be fun, just wanted to check if you have already tried it and how you found the build viability?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I think Thunderbane was shit when I tried it with a phys mag field.

hammer scales really high off of spell damage but I think you'll still run into some damage cap issues.

using 3 skills for farming is unnecessary. Stormcall is outclassed by the others in a hammer spec. You'd want a full caster setup for that and to just ignore the hammer/mag field stuff. i chose to build a phys wdm hammer build since I Saw it more beneficial than a caster stormcall
Chris_Kush
Heretic
444 | 16
Crash wrote:I think Thunderbane was shit when I tried it with a phys mag field.

hammer scales really high off of spell damage but I think you'll still run into some damage cap issues.

using 3 skills for farming is unnecessary. Stormcall is outclassed by the others in a hammer spec. You'd want a full caster setup for that and to just ignore the hammer/mag field stuff. i chose to build a phys wdm hammer build since I Saw it more beneficial than a caster stormcall

Thanks, really like the build so far and enjoying the playstyle. I am basically just exploring some different gear / skills options and seeing if I can make any gains for specific situations / areas. Positioning is definitely key with HoZ; I am finding myself dropping a few in a square configuration and then standing in the middle with Thundercrack is working pretty well. Only real challenge at the moment is finding the correct strategy / balance for each boss.

Are you still playing this character? If so, are you hitting any walls in the content?
Propz
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Managed to kill Kabraxis and 4 of the 4 seals to get the Great Gems. But I can't seem to be able to do the middle one - seal of Wizardry.

After 10 minutes of spamming Thundercrack I managed to kill it but then all the minions are impossible. They kill me pretty fast and I can't seem to do any damage (unlike all other 4 seals and minions which were pretty easy.)

Hey Tanin, how were you able to take down Kabraxis? What gear setup r u running?
Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Propz wrote:

Hey Tanin, how were you able to take down Kabraxis? What gear setup r u running?

Kiting. 1-3 clicks of Hammer and move. and again. Took about 10 minutes.

I have most of the end game gear(with high rolls):
Weapon: Battlemaiden
Shield: Danmaku
Armor: Skin of Kabraxis
Helm: Helepolis
Gloves: Visegrip
Belt: The Endless Loop
Boots: Death Spur
Rings: Assur's Bane + rare ring
Amulet: Rare
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
don't forget spellbind too. that helps a lot for most bosses.
Propz
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Tanin wrote:
Propz wrote:

Kiting. 1-3 clicks of Hammer and move. and again. Took about 10 minutes.

I have most of the end game gear(with high rolls):
Weapon: Battlemaiden
Shield: Danmaku
Armor: Skin of Kabraxis
Helm: Helepolis
Gloves: Visegrip
Belt: The Endless Loop
Boots: Death Spur
Rings: Assur's Bane + rare ring
Amulet: Rare