Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Contents aside (since I haven‘t played throwbarb since forever) you should probably take a look at this guide to improve your guide and make it visually pleasing.

Your Uber section for example could use some work, as well as formulating the pro‘s and con‘s in a list rather than a wot in different colors (at least it looks like that on phone).

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=509
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
! Nice

I made a guide ~5 years ago, using overkill and wolfstance and wolf companions (when cb was still a thing vs bosses) . I have completely forgotten about this build.

Im going to try it out now, i rly like the idea with lionstance / runemaster - focusing on phys damage.
One question ; why eth griefbringer? I mean, you already do massive amounts of damage - and you cant MO the eth one with things like lifeleech and max damage. // do you feel the difference between eth / non eth?

Can a barb have 2 stances up at the same time? Looking at auriels robe

After all, very nice guide. I recommend everyone to try this build out cause its alot of fun and you can try so much different gear / skill setup with it :thumb:
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
*quietly buries my throwbarb guide in progress*

lol. haven't read through yours, just saw topic. I assume we had something similar, and if so, its a good build.

edit: just read through, really really not a fan that you say "just play deathgaze to level". whats the point? Stampede and lion stance is extremely strong. just put a sapphire in your axe and you're good to go. You should really consider that part. Overkill is really bad early on, but stampede is more than enough for most things, and overkill vs act bosses and such.

I see you went with lion stance. I've got most ubers recorded on video up to the 115 besides a few that I struggled with phys res so far. Let me know if you want those.

edit2: you should also really toss in 6 points into stampede, there's no reason not to. It's a much wider aoe skill and better for general farming once it picks up more damage through the 110-120 stages to be comfortable compared to overkill's damage. Screaming eagle is also a very useful skill for bosses, I'm not sure why you skipped over that one. Overkill already does a ton of damage around 50 axes, and slowing boss movement speed to allow your axes to comfortably hit, sounds like you might be overlooking it (I didn't max it, but enough for a decent duration like 8 seconds ebcause the speeds pick up from soft points)
Edited by Crash 5 years.
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Common Guide Badge
Skeptic_Zero wrote:I've seen some people try maxing both Eagle Stance and Snake Stance and use Rebound as a main skill. I think this is a terrible playstyle that suffers from dumping points into two stances while only using one (huge waste of points)

Isn't this a really odd way to think of it? I mean, it's the same as any other synergy.
Skeptic_Zero
Abomination
147 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Moasseman wrote:
Skeptic_Zero wrote:I've seen some people try maxing both Eagle Stance and Snake Stance and use Rebound as a main skill. I think this is a terrible playstyle that suffers from dumping points into two stances while only using one (huge waste of points)

Isn't this a really odd way to think of it? I mean, it's the same as any other synergy.

Well typically with other synergies you have two skills from which you can benefit simultaneously, or one of the skills will be a passive. When you max two stances you're basically sacrificing 35 skill points to improve a stance that you're maxing as well. I think you can get much more utility by picking one stance, and putting those points into other spots.

That's not to say it's impossible to play the game as a poison rebound Barb, but from my experience it's not as efficient. I'm always open to the possibility that I'm completely wrong, as I don't know everything about the game (that's an understatement!), So if someone has extensive experience with that type of build who had made it work I'll keep an open mind.
Skeptic_Zero
Abomination
147 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Manu300000 wrote:! Nice

I made a guide ~5 years ago, using overkill and wolfstance and wolf companions (when cb was still a thing vs bosses) . I have completely forgotten about this build.

Im going to try it out now, i rly like the idea with lionstance / runemaster - focusing on phys damage.
One question ; why eth griefbringer? I mean, you already do massive amounts of damage - and you cant MO the eth one with things like lifeleech and max damage. // do you feel the difference between eth / non eth?

Can a barb have 2 stances up at the same time? Looking at auriels robe

After all, very nice guide. I recommend everyone to try this build out cause its alot of fun and you can try so much different gear / skill setup with it :thumb:

Yeah it's a shame CB was removed for bosses because wolf stance used to be the go-to for throwers. It's very viable to go with a non eth grief, I just had an eth one lying around:) and I didn't need additional life steal.

I've seen barbs use auriel's before, there's no reason mechanistically that two stances wouldn't work. It's probably the worst choice out of all of them though.
Skeptic_Zero
Abomination
147 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Crash wrote:edit: just read through, really really not a fan that you say "just play deathgaze to level". whats the point? Stampede and lion stance is extremely strong. just put a sapphire in your axe and you're good to go. You should really consider that part. Overkill is really bad early on, but stampede is more than enough for most things, and overkill vs act bosses and such.

I see you went with lion stance. I've got most ubers recorded on video up to the 115 besides a few that I struggled with phys res so far. Let me know if you want those.

edit2: you should also really toss in 6 points into stampede, there's no reason not to. It's a much wider aoe skill and better for general farming once it picks up more damage through the 110-120 stages to be comfortable compared to overkill's damage. Screaming eagle is also a very useful skill for bosses, I'm not sure why you skipped over that one. Overkill already does a ton of damage around 50 axes, and slowing boss movement speed to allow your axes to comfortably hit, sounds like you might be overlooking it (I didn't max it, but enough for a decent duration like 8 seconds ebcause the speeds pick up from soft points)

Thanks for the suggestions!

I'll probably change that leveling portion, as you're totally right that there's a way to use stampede for the time being. I just dislike the way it works so I'd probably ditch it as soon as I could.

The stats on screaming eagle, especially the duration and slow, leave much to be desired IMO. You'd have to pump a lot of points to make it worth using and what I've found to be much better is to use 5x ber runes for bosses. 25% slow is max on bosses so you can save 15-20 skill points just by doing that.

Yeah lion stance is almost too good to pass up, the damage at max is bonkers and it pairs well with max str. I've tried wolf stance but my damage was cut in half and I didn't leech enough.
Skeptic_Zero
Abomination
147 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
HechtHeftig wrote:Contents aside (since I haven‘t played throwbarb since forever) you should probably take a look at this guide to improve your guide and make it visually pleasing.

Your Uber section for example could use some work, as well as formulating the pro‘s and con‘s in a list rather than a wot in different colors (at least it looks like that on phone).

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=509

Hmm you're right. I'll have to put some more work into it when I get home. This is very much a work in progress, and my first guide as well!
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Skeptic_Zero wrote:what I've found to be much better is to use 5x ber runes for bosses.

... what? ber runes have nothing to do with slow.
Skeptic_Zero
Abomination
147 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Crash wrote:
Skeptic_Zero wrote:what I've found to be much better is to use 5x ber runes for bosses.

... what? ber runes have nothing to do with slow.

Meant to type Zod. Fixed now.