Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
roughly the same way i play it. the only thing that i struggle with is that first teleport. the others aren't so bad, as i get the chance to move a moment before swarmed which is enough to play a kite + fussilade.

I'll look into fire/lightening (wasn't sure which of the 2 offered more, since the passive survival was roughly the same. 25% max hp is about a 21% survival increase but not limited vs 20% avoid so it came down to how much defence added). the high defence and clvl lead helps a lot on survival, you don't take many hits at all.

I have the same tele sorc orb switch sitting my my stash. i use shamanka atm since everything dies slow enough i'm not worried about jitans cooldown. it'll be probably a week till i can actually get anything solid done though. 18 credits + finals in a week or two. my amount of playtime i have currently isn't long enough at any one point to fully respec/allocate/farm new cow charms. just occasional nihl runs to pass some time (or a k3k). should probably full socket some nih runes into the staff for buff duration though. i have them just haven't done it . . . that + a 6 nih sharkbaiter chest for prebuff could be very beneficial on kill speed. and if something is dead it's not attacking me
krel11
Imp
4 | 0
keeper1l wrote:
krel11 wrote:is there any alternatives to Wraithsword for clearing Magic Absorb units in Teganze? Wraithsword is such a freaking incredibly shitty spell that i at times die due to not killing magic absorb units fast enough with Wraithsword.

So what im really saying is. Is there any good Oskills out there that we can craft on warp blades?

Ofc Fusillade is also a spell i use but its cd even when maxed is still a bit too long for me to find it effective enough for clearing.

Sure i am walking around in 80% TU's since i only just now at lvl 121 found my first sacred Warp blade PepeHands.

aidans helm + endless loop and akarats Charged strike >>>

Single player. Whop whop whop whaaaa ;(
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
well light/fire is far less dangerous on those teleports. I'll still need to do some fine tuning as death is still possible if i'm careless. I died on the teleport this time as well but it wasn't avoidable. tele'd and had 7 barrels chucked at me. ran out of the corner away from em . . . . but glitched back in place on top of 7 barrels (could've been 6 idk)

one of the bigger threats apparently were the little elemental shits hitting me for obsurd amounts. they dropped to a 14% chance to hit. like 28% chance for the other mobs.

ik it works for barbs, curious how would the +50 harbinger weapon be with melee sorc? (i'd likely go cold/light for that build, since it'd be strictly for farming zones. baneblade + moonstrike is a serious physical damage bonus. I'm just not sure if harbinger is still full str scaling and it'd need to be a cold/thunder str build entirely reliant on harbinger)
Papa2lacyb
Imp
4 | 0
Papa2lacyb wrote:
Hi,

I am here to say "thank you"
After spending around 7h reading your build, i finally managed to understand my assassin melee build and reach hell.

GL HF

<meme>Not sure if backhanded compliment or sarcasm</meme>

Just a simple thank, because your guide help me to understand this version of D2.
Eyeconix
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
keeper1l wrote:I switched to Poison/cold and havent looked back, dont need fire unless doing bosses/ubers so if needed I switch back but just for general clearing and farming cold/poison is the way to go

Hey would you mind Telling me your Skill allocation ?
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Eyeconix wrote:
keeper1l wrote:I switched to Poison/cold and havent looked back, dont need fire unless doing bosses/ubers so if needed I switch back but just for general clearing and farming cold/poison is the way to go

Hey would you mind Telling me your Skill allocation ?

I'll take a guess

Melee

Moonstrike - max
wraithsword - 1
Fussilade - max
blade spirits - 1
bladestorm - 1

Poison

Lorenado - 1
Vengeful power - 5
Miasma - 1
Arachnomancy - 1
Hive - 1

Cold

Frigid sphere - 1
Shatter the flesh - 1
Snow queen - 25
Abyss - 1 (maybe)
Ice elementals - 1 (maybe, idk if he's using summons for front line or not.)

reward

Zan esu - 1 (maybe 5-6 for a near full hp heal)
force pulse - 1
baneblade - max (13 at 121)

mana

immersion - 1
Familiar - 1 (or 20)

That leaves about 20 points left over at 121. Which can be put almost anywhere. more into Zan esu for a better insta heal, more into blade spirits for front line, frigid sphere for ice elemental hp, vengeful power for crushing blow retaliation (useless on bosses but if trash lives long enough), or familiar for +skills

My guess would be +5 into zan esu's. and the rest into baneblade. Sine baneblade's also benefit from all passives, that includes +def/hp from snow queen, and phys reduction on vengeful power (no abyss or ice elementals)

or 20 pt familiar. (or was it 19) for 5 familiars and a +6 to all skills. (no abyss or ice elementals. placed into zan esu's maybe).
Eyeconix
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Hmmm i honestly dont feel like i do any more clear speed with posion/cold prob cause im only 101 think ill stick with Fire/Light for now
Eyeconix
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
so i put more points into my familiar and it does not seem to add the +5 to skill levels at all is this bugged and why you suggest only 1 point?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
You get +1 Skills per 4 blvls into Familiar. The +Skills only takes effect when you're outside town. There's also no reason to put more than 1 point into Familiar as a Melee Sorc. You're only using it for the slight NRG boost from the aura, and sometimes the Familiar's Stun Attack.
alger
Imp
4 | 0
Is it a common thing in Median to respec only for a boss fight? For example, for Nymyr’s Light or Yshari Sanctum (forced mechanic: Purify), I feel it would be easier if I dumped all my stats and skill points into suvivability.

Any tips for these two fights?