Abomination
147 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Seems like a few builds in the game can use certain skills and -enemy fire/lightning resist and wipe bosses effortlessly with cheap gear and no issues. Were bosses meant to be made so easy with this type of cheese tactic or is this unintended and will be nerfed later?
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
i honestly don't know. but cheesing bosses will always be a tactic gamers will find. Especially if it's a difficult boss that drops sell able charms.

is it hard for most = check
does that raise cost = check
can i design a build to cheese = check
cheese and sell charms to build other toons = check

I myself used to make a really cheap build to cheese kill the ubers in d2lod and sell charms on jsp for my 2nd ladder character (generally pretty early on too). Since it's difficult for a lot of classes outside specific ones. and a cheap smiter with a specific setup i put together literally makes them worthless.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Elemental skill + pierce = lots of damage
lots of health - lots of damage = quick death

elemental base builds generally lack defensive stats, don't need defense if enemy is :coolstorybob:
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Skeptic_Zero wrote:Seems like a few builds in the game can use certain skills and -enemy fire/lightning resist and wipe bosses effortlessly with cheap gear and no issues. Were bosses meant to be made so easy with this type of cheese tactic or is this unintended and will be nerfed later?

These characters need effort to make it works, and since they invest into element pierce, they often lack defense and some others things (meaning they can be uneffective in other areas).

They maybe best boss killer, but by no mean the best builds.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
pierce isn't a cheese.
Deathbringer
Sasquatch
66 | 2
Pierce = cheese? Tell me more :coolstorybob: first of all resistance pierce builds aren't cheap at all, secondly what's the point of improving the gear if you are stopped with an artificial wall? You play this game in order to improve your character and to make it more and more powerful and I would never say that they are cheap; BMR, Endless Light umos, Dementia - were those items ever cheap? You see them in nearly every elemental build. Okay, maybe endless lights aren't mandatory but they also provide nice damage boost and you need lots of them for their effect to be considered useful. Summing up, every game that you grind items and skills in is supposed to make your character powerful, otherwise there's no point in playing, that's my 2 cents.
Skeptic_Zero
Abomination
147 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Crash wrote:pierce isn't a cheese.

When you look at a barb setup that costs less than 100 tg and can whip samael like a red headed stepchild (strongest boss in the game), it certainly looks overtuned.

Cheese or not, I'm not sure they intended the most difficult content to be trivialized so easily.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
every class has the same access to getting high pierce. pierce isn't what makes a barb so strong. its many other factors like being able to dual wield, having extremely strong skills, etc.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge