Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
take this with a cup of salt not just a grain. but a couple idea's.

1. you have the shield and helm that you'd certainly wanna replace the set with. those alone are definitely a good reason to swap.

2. an eth warp blade shark runeword would be one of the best weapon options if not the best.

3. armor, rebel rw is probably one of your better options damage output wise. a curanderra with max res jewels for very specific boss fights or purify bosses but idk.

4. windrunner boots look pretty solid too. maybe epicenter which like curanderra would be specific to some purify bosses where your own damage is limited. and you wanna invest more into those. curanderra + epicenter w/ cold/fire just sounds really potent on purify fights as you don't care much about your damage at that point. and the chest frees you up for needing certain jewelry to meet the 50% dr. and a very high hp pool.

5. dex is important up to max block. past that it's more damage but not much else. so it would depend what your doing and trading it for. if it's a 5% dex amythest or something you can replace it with a 2% dex + ll/LoeK/LoA + fhr/fbr/ias (till breakpoints). after that maybe look into some of the unique jewels. It's pretty cost benefit at that point though. what are you losing, do you maintain max block/breakpoints, what are you gaining, and do you need it for what your trying to do.

6. idk the best time to switch honestly. if you think content is relatively easy that you plan to farm then why not. with the circlet you have and a shark rw weapon you need nearly no other damage source to obliterate duncraig in a very short time. idk so much about fautz, but a rebel RW in addition feels like it would do the trick. IDK about teganze, once i get to test it i'm going to see how a samael sword harbinger melee sorc does in there. seems like it could work with how much +physical damage we have, and sammael sword damage scaling on str & dex.

note: doesn't phys res cap at 50%. your hp seems a little low at 8k. assuming no fire or cold specced in.
Ericksonius
Pit Knight
102 | 1
cyborgtemplar wrote:note: doesn't phys res cap at 50%. your hp seems a little low at 8k. assuming no fire or cold specced in.
yes, sorry for the confusion. I meant that I'm overcapped on phys resist by 10% which makes me question the value of having der nebelring. So far I'm having a fairly easy time in duncraig. I may die once or twice if I get overwhelmed but usually I can tear through it. That's why I'm thinking of going into mf. I'm playing single player so I'm using my sorc to gather gear for other characters i may want to play. Will definitely get the elemental runeword boots. That will likely be the next item I farm. That, or a xis rune for the weapon. Finding an eth phasebalde on single player may prove to be a pain in the ass though.

Also, your first point you say that I have a helm and shield that I should replace the set with. Do you mean that i should replace my circlet and shield with the mysteries set? Again, my bad on the confusion
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Ericksonius wrote:
cyborgtemplar wrote:note: doesn't phys res cap at 50%. your hp seems a little low at 8k. assuming no fire or cold specced in.
yes, sorry for the confusion. I meant that I'm overcapped on phys resist by 10% which makes me question the value of having der nebelring. So far I'm having a fairly easy time in duncraig. I may die once or twice if I get overwhelmed but usually I can tear through it. That's why I'm thinking of going into mf. I'm playing single player so I'm using my sorc to gather gear for other characters i may want to play. Will definitely get the elemental runeword boots. That will likely be the next item I farm. That, or a xis rune for the weapon. Finding an eth phasebalde on single player may prove to be a pain in the ass though.

Also, your first point you say that I have a helm and shield that I should replace the set with. Do you mean that i should replace my circlet and shield with the mysteries set? Again, my bad on the confusion

no i mean those 2 are enough that the mysteries set isn't needed. mainly the circlet really. the eth phase blade might take awhile to find for sure. a normal phase blade as a temp maybe. but only if you can reliably get xis runes since your using one as a temp and it can't be unsocketed to retry
Ericksonius
Pit Knight
102 | 1
appreciate the advice. Just found beads of the snake queen and the hype is real.
Vodkacho
Invader
8 | 0
which breakpoints should i aim for during endgame?

IAS --> the highest possible i suppose
FBR --> how important is it?
FHR --> 2nd best should be ok?
FCR --> 2nd best?

thx in advance
BaraLover
Rust Claw
83 | 1
Vodkacho wrote:which breakpoints should i aim for during endgame?

IAS --> the highest possible i suppose
FBR --> how important is it?
FHR --> 2nd best should be ok?
FCR --> 2nd best?

thx in advance

IAS --> Yes, you'll want to max out your Attack Speed
FBR --> As much as you can spare since you'll be blocking a lot
FHR --> Second best is fine
FCR --> Not that important since Melee Sorc doesn't do that much casting
Ericksonius
Pit Knight
102 | 1
Just found my eth warp blade. It rolled as a magic item, do I need to worry about losing the ethereal mod if i reroll it with oils? What is the process of preparing the weapon for the shark runeword? I doubt i'll find another so I want to get it right. Cheers.
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
besides unsocketing, the outcome of a cube recipe never can be an ethereal item. So ethereal magic is useless...
BaraLover
Rust Claw
83 | 1
Ericksonius wrote:Just found my eth warp blade. It rolled as a magic item, do I need to worry about losing the ethereal mod if i reroll it with oils? What is the process of preparing the weapon for the shark runeword? I doubt i'll find another so I want to get it right. Cheers.

Yeah as the above poster said, it has to be non-magical and has to have 0 or 6 sockets to be useful.

As for preparing a Warp Blade for Shark, keep using Oils of Renewal until you get 0 or 6 sockets and 30% or higher ED. You can also try rolling for a decent chunk of Attack Rating too. Next use a Oil of Luck and hope you get 20% more ED. If it doesn't get lucky'd then repeat the process until you finally get the preferred rolls. After you get a base you're happy with along with its lucky bonus, insert 4 Ber-crafted Jewels with good stats that you are happy with, followed up with the Rune used for the Runeword, and then the Xis rune.

Reminder: If you use an Oil of Renewal, it'll be like rolling a whole new item, so it'll lose its ethereal quality. If the Eth Warp blade doesn't have 0 or 6 sockets then don't bother. In other words you'll have to look for a whole new Eth Warp Blade. If it has 6 sockets, 25% or higher ED, and gets luckied with 20% ED then consider yourself praised by the RNG gods and be really careful with what your crafted jewels have on them. If the Eth Warp Blade rolls with 0 sockets, then socket punch it with 6 jewels and it'll be right as rain. (IAS/FHR/FBR, +2% Dex, AR%, Life, Resists and make sure one of your Jewels has the indestructable mod on it otherwise your efforts will be futile)
Vodkacho
Invader
8 | 0
what % physical resist should i aim for endgame? (with fire lightning build)