Xbow Necromancer

Sprow
Core Lord
358 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Kenji1984 wrote:I have a little Question, I try this build and it is realy nice to play.

But I wonder how players in some Youtube video's are teleporting there chars on the map .
I build a Staff with a rune but the charges are so fast empty and i don't know how to fill them again.

thanks for advices

Moon of the Spider
Moon of the Spider
By Richard Knaak

Required Level: 90
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
+(21 to 25) Spell Focus
+1 to Jitan's Gate
Half Freeze Duration
Rathma's Supremacy
, both charms have teleport with different cd
also you can find teleport on some items/sets
Pax Mystica
Pax Mystica
Staves

'Tir'
Runeword Level: 10
+1 to All Skills
+7% to Spell Damage
+(2 to 5) to Blink
Elemental Resists +(11 to 15)%
(11 to 13)% Magic Find
Pax Mystica (Xis)
Henchmen Trophies
Henchmen Trophies
(Legendary Set)

Bilefroth Skin
Blackskull's Horns
Doomcloud Spine
Stareye's Claws
Fangskin Scales

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
+2 to All Skills
15% to All Attributes

Set Bonus with 3 or more set items:
-25% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Elemental Resists +25%

Set Bonus with 4 or more set items:
5% Deadly Strike
Physical Resist 10%

Set Bonus with complete set:
1% Base Block Chance
50% Movement Speed
+35% to Spell Damage
+1500 Defense
Elemental Resists +30%
+150 Life after each Kill

Kenji1984
Skeleton
2 | 0
Thank you , that helped me alot
Ebabanel
Skeleton
3 | 0
I'm new here so not sure how to link specific item. There is an uniq lvl 100 ring that gives 25%ewd, some %cb and %str, i got one with 9%str. So is it better then just a rare ring with +1all skill and some othere half useless stats?
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
If I make
Aether (Xis)
do I need to bother doing the usual re-roll of the base item?

What I mean by that is using Oil or Renewal to get superior with 30%-35% ED then Oil of luck to get more ED.

The reason I'm asking (apart from because it's my first Xis rw and I don't want to screw it up) is that this rw has exactly 241% ED and I heard that you can only have 200%, so I'm wondering if the extra from the base item would just get overridden by the rw instead of adding to it?

Hope that makes sense - hard to explain.

And the order of inserting is 4 jewels, then the Xis then the Jah? Or Jah then Xis?

P.S. Also, what is the difference between 'on death blow' and 'on kill'? Is it that death blow is only from melee (wep dmg) only? Tried wiki and google but no luck.
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Ebabanel wrote:I'm new here so not sure how to link specific item. There is an uniq lvl 100 ring that gives 25%ewd, some %cb and %str, i got one with 9%str. So is it better then just a rare ring with +1all skill and some othere half useless stats?

Earth Rouser
Earth Rouser
Ring

Required Level: 100
Item Level: 100
2% Chance to cast level 10 Shockwave on Melee Attack
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
Weapon Physical Damage +15%
(6 to 10)% to Strength
isn't useless, it's a decent TU ring. If ya got one, great, no need to bother with a rare ring. (To "link" items, click on the small sword icon while making the post or enclose the item name in [ item][/ item] tags (remove the spaces))

PlayerOne wrote:If I make
Aether (Xis)
do I need to bother doing the usual re-roll of the base item?

What I mean by that is using Oil or Renewal to get superior with 30%-35% ED then Oil of luck to get more ED.

The reason I'm asking (apart from because it's my first Xis rw and I don't want to screw it up) is that this rw has exactly 241% ED and I heard that you can only have 200%, so I'm wondering if the extra from the base item would just get overridden by the rw instead of adding to it?

Yes, you still gotta roll the base item (aim for as high ED% and AR% as possible). The 200% ED is a soft cap for enhanced damage and defense. You can't go above it via Mystic orbs or Oil of luck but you can break it and get higher by socketing stuff (this includes making a runeword)

PlayerOne wrote:And the order of inserting is 4 jewels, then the Xis then the Jah? Or Jah then Xis?

4 jewels -> Jah -> Xis

Ebabanel wrote:P.S. Also, what is the difference between 'on death blow' and 'on kill'? Is it that death blow is only from melee (wep dmg) only? Tried wiki and google but no luck.

"on kill" only procs if the enemy was killed by weapon damage (WDM) or the DoT component of poison (not the first frame of damage)

"on death blow" procs whenever you kill an enemy. Doesn't matter how.
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
Thanks :) One other question re what you said in the guide about the proc from
Aether (Xis)
interrupts the damage. How does that happen?

I looked up Banish in the wiki and it just looks like some red dots appear in a small area, so I'm not clear how it interrupts damage (and could an item with uninterruptible attack help? - I don't really understand what that does).

P.S. I made the Xis rw and - it does less damage than the
Tartarus

Tartarus
Crossbows

'BerChamFal'
Runeword Level: 83
5% Chance to cast level 42 Mind Ripple on Kill
20% Attack Speed
+0.75 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Slow Target 10%
(15 to 20)% to Strength
5% to Dexterity
Maximum Mana +5%
Fire Resist +100%
Lightning Resist +100%
+(101 to 150) Life after each Kill
one! I know the char screen isn't accurate but 6 - 7k versus 6 - 8.5k is not close. Crafts only ever get 200% ED at best so they are never better than Tartarus - am I missing something?
Edited by PlayerOne 5 years.
Xainn
Cultist
22 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I honestly feel like Buriza does less damage even when bossing than Hwanin's does. (I have 20 points in flametail). Any reason why? Both are near perfect rolled, both MO'd with AR. My top end quite a bit higher with Buriza, but my bottom end plummets to almost half what it is with Hwanin.
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Guide Badge
PlayerOne wrote:Thanks :) One other question re what you said in the guide about the proc from
Aether (Xis)
interrupts the damage. How does that happen?

I looked up Banish in the wiki and it just looks like some red dots appear in a small area, so I'm not clear how it interrupts damage (and could an item with uninterruptible attack help? - I don't really understand what that does).

P.S. I made the Xis rw and - it does less damage than the
Tartarus

Tartarus
Crossbows

'BerChamFal'
Runeword Level: 83
5% Chance to cast level 42 Mind Ripple on Kill
20% Attack Speed
+0.75 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Slow Target 10%
(15 to 20)% to Strength
5% to Dexterity
Maximum Mana +5%
Fire Resist +100%
Lightning Resist +100%
+(101 to 150) Life after each Kill
one! I know the char screen isn't accurate but 6 - 7k versus 6 - 8.5k is not close. Crafts only ever get 200% ED at best so they are never better than Tartarus - am I missing something?

The power of Aether comes from the damage avoidance that's on it (stacks nicely with Death ward)

The "interrupt" I'm talking about happens if you're holding down your LMB/RMB to use Widow and the curse procs, you need to release and re-press the mouse button to continue shooting. It's nothing major, just slightly annoying.

Crafts can go over 200% ED with sockets (Jahs usually) and even without them, a high-end craft has higher damage than Tartarus. No reason not to use them tho. Also crafts get superior procs

Xainn wrote:I honestly feel like Buriza does less damage even when bossing than Hwanin's does. (I have 20 points in flametail). Any reason why? Both are near perfect rolled, both MO'd with AR. My top end quite a bit higher with Buriza, but my bottom end plummets to almost half what it is with Hwanin.

Hwanin, being a class specific weapon, has a better STR scaling. With it, you have more EWD than with Buriza equipped.

However, Buriza's proc doesn't deal bad damage but actually pretty nice amounts espec. against more stationary targets.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Ring of Truth
Ring of Truth
Ring

Required Level: 20
Item Level: 20
25% Block Speed
15% Hit Recovery
(31 to 50)% Bonus to Attack Rating
Slows Attacker by (3 to 5)%
(11 to 15)% Bonus to Defense
+2 to Light Radius
listed for mid-game has "slows attacker" which conflicts with Talon's Hold. Not an issue for normal stuff but could be noticeable when trying to keep bosses slowed.
Wuhrfrahmen
Prowler
19 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Excellent guide; this has become my favorite build - much more powerful than I though it would be.

I know the necro crossbow set, Achilios' Wake, isn't the best high-end setup for this build, but I wanted to let everyone know that it works just fine as a farm build up to and including Teganze. Using Ber-crafted jewels and all Jahs in the crossbow, and a lot of points in Talon's Hold, I just roll through Teganze. I've found that while Burning Veil and Dark Power certainly help, they aren't critical to have on right-click. I just put Skeletal Flayer on rick-click, and between them and the Rathma's Priests from Talon's Hold, I have a ton of meatshields in front of me soaking up the elemental attacks of the Umbaru Spirits. Even unbuffed, Widowmaker just mows the Umbaru Spirits down. With MF MO's on all gear, I have about 190 MF, and get 2-4 essences/runestones per run, plus some SU's/sets.

I'm sure that with the high-end gear spec'd in this guide, I'd go faster, but until I can acquire them (I've had REALLY bad luck rolling a creepy stinger crossbow . . .), the Achilios set works great. Might very well get to Aether before I roll a good xbow.