Median XL Offline Tools v0.6.4

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
stormbringer wrote:Why my offline tool can't show the character page? It only shows item page now. The character page used to jump out after I closed the item page, but it doesn't now.

probably the window moved offscreen
PepSol
Fallen
1 | 0
hi, I would like to reset the quests, but the fields are gray. Is it possible to reset the quest?
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
PepSol wrote:hi, I would like to reset the quests, but the fields are gray. Is it possible to reset the quest?

I'm just confused about why and what quests you want to reset... Probably it's not possible just in case that some quests have 1-time reward that can be easily "cheated" that way (Charsi Imbue, Larzuk sockets, Alkash potion, etc.)
stormbringer
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
kambala wrote:
stormbringer wrote:Why my offline tool can't show the character page? It only shows item page now. The character page used to jump out after I closed the item page, but it doesn't now.

probably the window moved offscreen

Fixed it, thx. By the way, is there any possibility to add a function that removes RIP affix like removing MOs?
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
stormbringer wrote:is there any possibility to add a function that removes RIP affix like removing MOs?

yes, it's possible. But is it that necessary?
treos
Destroyer
7 | 0
"This is NOT a cheating tool and only for Single Player mode!"

yeah...can't really do ANYTHING with this editor. fiddling around in-game with cheat engine is infinitely more useful.

sorry, laz, but no game dev gets to choose how i do or do not want to play a video game for me. you can have your opinion that people shouldn't cheat in games but that's as far as that goes: an opinion and nothing more.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Any game with server side data save would like to have a word with you and Sigma is not an exception (TSW), good luck using CE there :coolstorybob:
treos
Destroyer
7 | 0
SwineFlu wrote:Any game with server side data save would like to have a word with you and Sigma is not an exception (TSW), good luck using CE there :coolstorybob:

except single player mode in diablo 2 is entirely client side.

also, have you ever heard of this character editor for vanilla diablo 2 called Hero Editor? iirc it only works on single player character files and there is absolutely NOTHING server sided when it comes to those files.

this Median XL Offline Tools v0.5.1 program is also only for single player mode which is 100% offline. except, compared to hero editor it has pretty much...nothing of real use in regards to character editing. well, not much you couldn't already do in-game.

also, median xl isn't some entirely separate game from diablo 2. it is a mod for diablo 2 and it is not entirely server sided. i'm not asking for the ability to edit multiplayer characters however i want. i'm asking for the ability to do so with offline single player characters that are 100% client side when it comes to data.

you know what i usually do when a dev or other people try to force me to play a game how they THINK i should play it instead of how i WANT to play it? unless it's a game i really enjoy...i drop it on the spot as i don't support such BS. there is absolutely nothing wrong with cheating in OFFLINE SINGLE PLAYER mode when doing so affects no one except yourself.

i'll probably always like diablo 2 but neither you nor laz nor anyone else have ANY say in how I choose to play in offline single player mode. because that's not a choice you get to make for people other than yourself.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Just to remind.... complaining and especially sharing or defending cheating of any kind is, let's say, not welcomed on these forums (and i totally agreed with that). :roll:
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Wait a minute, I thought you were doing fine tinkering with CE, turns out it wasn't a simple expression of your opinion, it was a whine all along, what a surprise :coolstorybob:

You know there is quite a lot of useful information regarding D2 save file structure and item format, you can find a plenty of open source tools as well. What's the problem to make this editor (or modify the existing one) by yourself, nobody gonna stop you from doing it. And instead of doing so you decided to came here and telling us how you don't like to follow the rules and expecting that we have an obligation to satisfy your demands, don't cut on that edge :coolstorybob: