Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (6)

Archbishop Lazarus
(Tribute Set)
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
NotCube wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:(snips) The bonus is greyed out because you haven't inserted such a rune... (snips)

It's greyed out even with great runes inserted. At least it's that way in SP. You still get the full bonus though so I think it's a visual glitch.

Yes I found it was greyed out as well. Is it definitely just a visual thing?

The D2Stats tool read-out shows 125% IAS with Tartarus (which has -10% IAS on it) and 315% with Nihlathak's with 6 x Taha, which looks right, but... it doesn't feel any faster in use (I'm not sure if there should be a noticeable difference?).

Presumably the tool can only read what should be happening based on the mods on the items, not necessarily what's actually happening. I don't know if it can take account of mods being greyed out.

Moasseman wrote:And 0.7 times the bonus for each elemental rune.

That was a surprise as well. The base xbow had +61 max damage and with 6 x Taha it has +120 (I wasn't clear why it's not +121) but if it were 0.7 times then wouldn't it be 6 x 7 = 42, plus the original 61 = 103?

EDIT: Hang on - I just noticed you wrote 'elemental' rune - is that something different to the Great Runes?
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
PlayerOne wrote:Presumably the tool can only read what should be happening based on the mods on the items, not necessarily what's actually happening. I don't know if it can take account of mods being greyed out.

D2Stats takes into account what's currently happening to your character at the time you hit the "Read" button. You can check it yourself by Reading before and after buffing yourself with Rapture or some similar skill.

For Gematria, pull up the stat screen and un/equip the piece with Gematria. You'll see your stats change twice. One for the normal affixes. The second one is when Gematria is applied a second later.

And gematria only works with the 6 great runes.
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Common Guide Badge
PlayerOne wrote:EDIT: Hang on - I just noticed you wrote 'elemental' rune - is that something different to the Great Runes?

Yes, elemental runes are the 6 elemental runes from Teganze (Fire, Earth, Poison, Ice, Magic & Light) and Kabraxis stone also possibly counts as one, not sure.

NotCube wrote:And gematria only works with the 6 great runes.

It also works with the elemental runes, albeit at 70% efficiency.
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Moasseman wrote:It also works with the elemental runes, albeit at 70% efficiency.

:shock:

Is it in the docs somewhere or are we supposed to find this out by experiment?
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Common Guide Badge
NotCube wrote:
Moasseman wrote:It also works with the elemental runes, albeit at 70% efficiency.

:shock:

Is it in the docs somewhere or are we supposed to find this out by experiment?

If you go to the docs, check any Gematria item and mouse-over the Gematria text it'll tell you what it does.
jmm18200
Fallen
1 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
hello

thank you for your very very good and interesting guide

sorry for my english, i am french. If i make a Aether (Xis), may i use any crossbow or one spécific ( stinger crossbow)? may ii use a 6 sockets?( put 4 jewels,jah rune and after xis rune?) same question for a rebel ( specific armor? 6 sockets possible? 4 jewels, el rune and xis rune for order?)

thank you for your answer
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
jmm18200 wrote:hello

sorry for my english, i am french. If i make a Aether (Xis), may i use any crossbow or one spécific ( stinger crossbow)? may ii use a 6 sockets?( put 4 jewels,jah rune and after xis rune?) same question for a rebel ( specific armor? 6 sockets possible? 4 jewels, el rune and xis rune for order?)

Hm... according to the documentation, the Aether runeword only works with Necromancer crossbows, so Stinger crossbows work but Heavy or Repeater crossbows won't. If the item you want to apply a runeword to has more sockets than you need runes, you need to insert Jewels (not Gems) in the extra sockets. So for an item with six sockets, you would need to socket four Jewels, the base rune, then the Xis rune for the runeword.
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Common Guide Badge
jmm18200 wrote:hello

For Aether(Xis), it MUST be a necromancer-only crossbow. This means: Stinger crossbow (the best), Trebuchet, Dart Thrower or Needle Crossbow (the worst).

It must have at least 2 sockets but you should use 6 sockets because there is no reason not to. Your order is correct (4 jewels -> Jah -> Xis)

Rebel(Xis) can be made in any body armor but you should try to find a high defense base to make it in
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
I'm trying to work out what gear to use for Quov Tsin. I read that you need 90% elemental resist and 150 flat damage reduction.

I guess it means making honorifics with flat DR but getting 90% resist seems tricky since there is no MO for increasing max resists.

Kali glove would give +4% max fire, Topspin +2% max all. Apart from that only runewords with Shaad runes (I don't have any).

It would be useful to know how others are doing this?

P.S. Now I can upvote you Moasseman, I've done that. Thanks for the guide. :)
If you don't mind a suggestion, it might be useful to say a bit more about the ubers? Some are really tough to work out (Quov, Kabraxis, Ureh just 3 examples I found hard).
Edited by PlayerOne 5 years.