The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
sparkyxyz
Imp
5 | 1
:shock:
haemoneptra
Pit Knight
100 | 2
sparkyxyz wrote::shock:

:?: :?: :?: :?:
Nighus
Imp
4 | 0
Can this be made a bit easier to understand for newer players?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Nighus wrote:Can this be made a bit easier to understand for newer players?

That was the whole point. If you want more detailed description, check out older T6 barb guide, lot of things is same in that guide, but it is huge wall of text. In this guide I wanted to limit it to bare minimum of information, so new players wont get overwhelmed.
youtube.com/ae1337
Liberec1234
Prowler
19 | 1
aerial wrote:

That was the whole point. If you want more detailed description, check out older T6 barb guide, lot of things is same in that guide, but it is huge wall of text. In this guide I wanted to limit it to bare minimum of information, so new players wont get overwhelmed.

^This!
I also do not like repeating same huge text walls in all guides that are literally same beside some uber tactics. All needed info to play median is in 99% in the docs or in other guides. Aerial one is magnificent. All needed stuff regarding build written in a nutshell + video content for ubers. Finally if there is something not understandable we have this topic to ask questions and discord server aswell.
Nighus
Imp
4 | 0
aerial wrote:

I think you are right. I should have researched a bit more before grumbling like this.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
I was wondering about different version of build that would use dual wield instead of 2h axe. Just in case stuff gets nerfed :)
Here is little comparison, did I miss any other key differences between those? str bonus is the same for labrys and non barb 2h sword it is 30/100.

Main idea here is, if you craft 2h sword, with +max damage roll, that max damage roll is added both to its 1h damage and 2h damage. This way you can have 1h sword with max +375 damage (max possible roll). If you were crafting 1h sword, like kriegsmesser max possible roll is +190. This can mitigate difference in damage 2h vs 1h, of course it is still pretty big, but bit less than if you don't go this route.

As for speed, I give best case scenario with 89 ias for 6fpa, if you use 5wsm sword and -10wsm hand axe as offhand (we want axe to enable deathgaze). But normally you would wanna go great sword (15 wsm and highest average damage) + hammerhead axe (5 wsm + 6 sockets, can roll barb skills) or 0 wsm war axe. 133 ias is low enough to go most optimal set which is great sword + hammerhead.
From my experience playing this build, you hit 7fpa 2h axe quite late in the game, its actually quite difficult. So fair comparison would be 8fpa vs 6, and even then that 8fpa 2h axe requires more ias than worst case scenarion 6 with dual wield (147 vs 133). This means we get 33% more damage just from attacking faster..

For raw damage compare it is bit tricky, because it depends what % of our total dps output is wolf companion curse. If it is high, then attacking faster (generating more hits) will boost overall damage by more. Keep in mind that thunderfury doesn't proc companion because it is pure lightning damage, sama eas stormblast or full cold iceburst. Only more deathgaze gets you more wolf companion curse hits, which scales with that extra 1 frame breakpoint.

Seems that no matter how you approach this, 2h axe should be dealing more damage probably around 30% more. But we get those extra perks such as ability to freely use whirlwind all the time, which makes many ubers way easier to complete. More raw stats from extra item, more runes = more defense early. It is interesting comparison.

One thing that I wonder is what would be best TU setup for this, before we craft our main hand sword. And also cheap endgame offhand, what is the best.
For leveling it might seem that axe is clear winner, because swords we can have early are way weaker than unique labrys. But labrys will be significantly slower, we are looking at 10 frames, while dual wield will be quite easily hitting even 7 fpa. So leveling with dual wield is very smooth too.

Another idea: Can you roll colosseum on 1h barb axes? or is it sword only? I know motw is axe only, but forgot.
Getting colosseum offhand barb axe would be amazing ultility, constantly cast it without weapon switch.
youtube.com/ae1337
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
tu mammen axe is best for leveling. damage is more than enough with deathgaze all the way through nightmare act 5 with just this t4 item and the other bonuses are nice.

King of the Dreadlands
King of the Dreadlands
Mammen Axe (4)

(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 1
Item Level: 1
Innate Fire Damage: (13.0% of Strength)
7% Chance to cast level 6 Spike Nova on Melee Attack
25% Attack Speed
Adds (10 to 15)-(21 to 25) Fire Damage
-(2 to 3)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(5 to 10) Life after each Kill
+1% to Experience Gained
Socketed (1)
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 20
Required Strength: 21
Item Level: 31
Innate Fire Damage: (20.0% of Strength)
8% Chance to cast level 8 Spike Nova on Melee Attack
45% Attack Speed
Adds (25 to 28)-(50 to 58) Fire Damage
-(4 to 6)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(11 to 15) Life after each Kill
+2% to Experience Gained
Socketed (2)
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 40
Required Strength: 59
Item Level: 51
Innate Fire Damage: (26.0% of Strength)
9% Chance to cast level 10 Spike Nova on Melee Attack
65% Attack Speed
Adds (60 to 65)-(130 to 135) Fire Damage
-(7 to 8)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(16 to 20) Life after each Kill
+2% to Experience Gained
Socketed (3)
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 50
Required Strength: 124
Item Level: 77
Innate Fire Damage: (33.0% of Strength)
10% Chance to cast level 12 Spike Nova on Melee Attack
75% Attack Speed
Adds (165 to 170)-(250 to 260) Fire Damage
-(9 to 10)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(21 to 25) Life after each Kill
+3% to Experience Gained
Socketed (3)
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Leveling works pretty much with everything as it is mostly carried by wolf companion curse. Decent damage fast little axe is nice pick for sure.
Interesting note about mammen axes, before speed rework they used to be fastest base weapons in the game, with -40 wsm. Right now fastest is -25, non class daggers, claws and sorc orbs. With -40 axe, you could abuse wsm bug and literally hit 6fpa speed in a1 normal if you equipped it correctly with slow weapon. Right now mamen is -5, much slower.

I checked colosseum oskill craft, seems to be sword only, so rip the dream of having it on offhand barb axe.
youtube.com/ae1337
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Ravenflock + something will for sure be the best Tu dual wield in new patch.