Newbie Walkthrough

branson1
Imp
5 | 0
OK well I'm having trouble using the cube to get arcane shards any help would be great
GsusXL
Acid Prince
45 | 2
branson1 wrote:OK well I'm having trouble using the cube to get arcane shards any help would be great

Its in the guide :)

1) Unique Creation

With the Catalyst of Disenchantment (Dropped by the Smith in Act 1 on normal difficulty) you can disenchant unique items that you don't need or like into arcane Shards.
Any unique item + Catalyst of Disenchantment → Arcane Shards + Catalyst of Disenchantment
Cube 5 Arcane Shards together to create an Arcane Crystal.
Any non-sacred item + Oil of Enhancement + Arcane Crystal x2 → reroll item as unique
That oil can be bought from Gheed
branson1
Imp
5 | 0
I have tried to put an unique item in the cube with the catalyst of disenchantment, but it still does not work. I have no ideal why its not.
haemoneptra
Pit Knight
100 | 2
can you take a screenshot of the item in the cube while hovering over the item?
Waffle1209
Sasquatch
62 | 2
branson1 wrote:I have tried to put an unique item in the cube with the catalyst of disenchantment, but it still does not work. I have no ideal why its not.

It can't be the item from Griswald in Tristram and it has to be only the catalyst + unique item only.
branson1
Imp
5 | 0
What do you mean it cant be the item from Griswald in Tristram is that the wrong Catalyst
haemoneptra
Pit Knight
100 | 2
the item from griswold from tristram says it cant be disenchanted, meaning you cant use a catalist on it
branson1
Imp
5 | 0
I'm not using the catalyst on it I have tried so many items and none of them will give me arcane shards
haemoneptra
Pit Knight
100 | 2
yet again, post a screenshot of what ur doing

any unique, be it a tiered or sacred, put in the cube together with the catalyst of disenchantment and press transmute. also, you cant put more than 10 uniques in at the same time with the catalyst
branson1
Imp
5 | 0
I have a screen shot how do I post it