Your favorite version of MXL?

Discuss Median XL!
Gregz
Prowler
15 | 0
I'm not really enjoying sigma, and would prefer to play an older version of MXL (http://modianhelp.anhei3.net/MXLU_vXVc_ ... /log.html#). I can't seem to find a poll listing people's favorite versions/builds, also I'm hoping to find a version with lots of tools/support in the forums such as guides. I'd like to have fun cheesing some previously OP builds also if possible. Can anyone recommend their favorite version of MXL, and possibly builds?
fakme
Grubber
326 | 9
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
not sure that is possible mate, since so many things have changed, for me personally was oldschool throwsin with broadside, not sure which version though, but gameplay wise it was GG once you've got the gear you needed. GG I mean still not cheesy but enjoyable in terms of farming and bosskilling. must have been 1.f9 or before
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Can't find the thread anymore so I'm not sure which version.

But it was Stoya's immortal king barbarian.
Double Nimmenjuushin weapon swap bugged... holy shit was that ever a proc fest of pretty.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
For many people the version 1.F9 is to date the best version. The problem is, you can‘t find it on moddb anymore. But I think Chucknorris should have a version for that patch. You could send him a message. Or you can try a web archive, but I don’t think you can download anything that way.
willyboy
Abomination
151 | 18
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HechtHeftig wrote:For many people the version 1.F9 is to date the best version. The problem is, you can‘t find it on moddb anymore.

Still online:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/median-xl/do ... st-version

1.f9b:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/median-xl/do ... st-version
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Oh nice. Last time I checked I couldn’t find it. Now I know what I‘ll do after I‘m done with this season.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Remember judgesin?

I remember.
kissofaries
Daystar
674 | 8
remember when ssin used to be budget ez mode t6 dunc farmer? yeah...
Edited by kissofaries 4 years.
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
As someone who has never played 1.f9, why (except pouncesins) do people prefer 1.f9 so much to later cmxl versions?

As for favorite version, I made my own actually, based on 2012. I reverted pretty much all of the changes to items and a couple changes to skill to how they were in omega003 (there were too many nerfs in 2012 and I feel like they were done without a good enough reason), removed lantern anchors, porkchops, added a lot of QOL changes like bigger inventory, mass sig/DE, mercs can equip all items, "flask of renewal" (oil of renewal which is 50 times more expensive but has 50 charges), moon cookies & goodberries at vendor etc. Also playing with BaseMod which means I've got neat things like Nihlathak portal fix and ctrl click to inventory/cube/stash. Plus some other small changes like renaming items with retarded names ("tldr", "QQ", "Noob Loop" :roll: ) and changing the stats of a couple of uniques to make them at least somewhat useful..
Gregz
Prowler
15 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:For many people the version 1.F9 is to date the best version. The problem is, you can‘t find it on moddb anymore. But I think Chucknorris should have a version for that patch. You could send him a message. Or you can try a web archive, but I don’t think you can download anything that way.

OK, I managed to download and install 1.F9. The only problem I see is that there's no way to respec without a third party program (no belladonna elixir). Any idea where I might find an editor that will allow skill tree resets?

Edit: Ah, nm, found the recipe!

► Show Spoiler

One other question though, any idea where to find a list of accurate stats for 1.F9 runewords/SUs?
Edited by Gregz 4 years.