Pure only Totem Necro build?

Discuss Median XL!
thysick
Pit Knight
115 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Wonder if we can pull that out....
I was liking using Sacrifice to put xorpses on ground and then putting my Totems on them... say maybe 1 point in those small skeletons to be able to twlwporþ...

Your thoughts on pure totem?
Kotli
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Should work well based on patch notes, I mean totems get your bonus stats, have a new passive that gives them damage and you get multiple totems.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
It can work, why wouldn't it. Use whatever random minion as teleport target and rest plays pretty much the same.
Difference this patch is mostly totem damage/health numbers and new passives for them. Playstyle should be very similar to current version.

Uberskill is what changes most, since there is no more "mandatory" defense uberskill anymore, so you can go jinns for pierce aura or veilk king.
youtube.com/ae1337
WReckLess
Sasquatch
60 | 1
aerial wrote:Use whatever random minion as teleport target and rest plays pretty much the same.

3 seconds cooldown though.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
thysick wrote:Wonder if we can pull that out....

Your thoughts on pure totem?

I will be working on one as described by you as soon as the patch will be released. It will be more of an update to my old Necrolyte miniguide that used totems +shadows around 8 or 9 years ago in the Laz era
neo-data
Fallen
1 | 0
I started a Totemnecro so far i made it thought Normal without Problems. I Use Runeword Pax Mystica (https://median-xl.fandom.com/wiki/Pax_Mystica) to Blink.You stun the Monsters and the Totems are on 1 place after the Blink and killing all the monsters within seconds. Sadly Only 20 Charges :/

But it is very funny :mrgreen:
Arionic
Abomination
147 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
I'm playing this build, the only thing that sucks is Totemic Mastery.

The skills gives 1 extra totem starting with Frost, then lightning and then fire.
5 points = +1 frost
10 = lightning
15 = fire
20 = frost
25 = lightning
30 = fire

This is rediculously stupid.

If I only wanted fire totems, I have to invest 30 points and waist points just passing + 2 lightning and cold.
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I don't understand why people only want one totem. Granted in previous patches it worked well to focus one element with a back up element, but the tree is reworked around the three being together now, so if they're all better together, you should have them all, shouldn't you?

Personally, I'm a fan of the changes, even as Totem is one of my most favorite builds and I always make one each ladder. Totemancer is the first build I'm running, however, Hybrid, I'm investing in Summons somewhat since it looks like the totem's themselves save for lightning (debatable) don't really benefit from more than one point.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Zennith wrote:I don't understand why people only want one totem. ....the tree is reworked around the three being together now, so if they're all better together, you should have them all, shouldn't you?

yes , but the severe lack of itemisation for boosting all 3 isn't helping much. Even if you always keep all 3 types of totems out all the time , you will end up focusing on one or two types of damage, while the third needs to wait till BIS end game gear before it shines
Heisenberg
Destroyer
6 | 1
WReckLess wrote:
aerial wrote:Use whatever random minion as teleport target and rest plays pretty much the same.

3 seconds cooldown though.

Get SSSU The Worshipper Necro Staff that has 2 second reduced cooldown on bend the shadows should be pretty solid.