Cog
239 | 29
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I know ppl saying Assassin is meme build now, but I want to play Throwsin as a 1.1 starter character (not Scorpion).
I just arrived at normal act3 with literally no gear quite easily.
Now I think have to farm some ACs to make TUs :D
But the problem is, I have no clue about building Throwsin. Especially about skills and equipment.
Should I choose Storm craws between Maelstrom? or take both?
If I'm gonna use only Maelstrom, how can I solve life & mana leech issues?
Should I take Tiefling form? or is using 'Way of ~' without TF better?
I think TUs gonna carry me till around level 100, but not sure could survive after that.
I might figure it out as it going, but any tip would be really helpful for me!
Meddle
Vampiress
39 | 5
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Can answer some of your questions. Ways over tiefling every time. Choose either broadside + maelstrom or choose storm crews. Not sure about mana, not actually a throwsin player. A combination of %mana leech, mana after each kill and %mana regen from jewellery MO if needed.

Again, while looking at the ladder, for skill builds just type /skills playername.
matdoo
Cog
239 | 29
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Meddle wrote:Can answer some of your questions. Ways over tiefling every time. Choose either broadside + maelstrom or choose storm crews. Not sure about mana, not actually a throwsin player. A combination of %mana leech, mana after each kill and %mana regen from jewellery MO if needed.

Again, while looking at the ladder, for skill builds just type /skills playername.

Thanks a lot! Especially '/skills' would be really helpful for me :D
Meddle
Vampiress
39 | 5
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
if you go maelstrom, focus more on fire & physical damage with some extra lightning on top to help broadside with single target. if you go storm crows focus on any/all damage (fire/phys/lightning, rarely cold, no poison). when it comes to ele damage, flat #-# damage to weapon and -%enemy resistance is all that matters.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
There is important thing to note here ppl might be not aware.
Maelstorm was bugged in last patch (and much weaker even before that when it exploded on impact).
In last patch when you threw it, as soon as main projectile pierced through an enemy, all spikes released from that point didn't do any damage, but you could see them, visual effect was on screen. It was very confusing, and was hard to tell whats wrong with the skill. It was still very playable.
But now in 1.1 it was changed, all spikes now hit, regardless if you aim main projectile at enemy or not. WDM was slightly nerfed to 80% to compensate, also magic damage based on total dex works for all spikes.
In short version: maelstorm is significantly more powerful in 1.1
Magic damage can go so high doom might be worth for just the -magic res.
youtube.com/ae1337
matdoo
Cog
239 | 29
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Thanks for enlighten me guys :D
I think dmg is gonna fine but not sure about hp/mana sustain. but yea, gonna figure it out!
zmeckancek
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
I wonder why the maelstorm fix wasn't mentioned in the patch notes. Awesome news, I'm gonna make a maelstorm throwsin as soon as I get home from work
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
aerial wrote:There is important thing to note here ppl might be not aware.
Maelstorm was bugged in last patch (and much weaker even before that when it exploded on impact).
In last patch when you threw it, as soon as main projectile pierced through an enemy, all spikes released from that point didn't do any damage, but you could see them, visual effect was on screen. It was very confusing, and was hard to tell whats wrong with the skill. It was still very playable.
But now in 1.1 it was changed, all spikes now hit, regardless if you aim main projectile at enemy or not. WDM was slightly nerfed to 80% to compensate, also magic damage based on total dex works for all spikes.
In short version: maelstorm is significantly more powerful in 1.1
Magic damage can go so high doom might be worth for just the -magic res.

That's interesting - not sure why the bug and fix were never mentioned before...

I tried Maelstrom to start with in the last patch and the damage was ok, the problem was sustain. I couldn't get enough life on striking to stay alive and with no leech it was tough (mana was a problem at times too). I switched to Storm Crows and loved it - with 40% life leech I was v hard to kill as long as the knives were hitting. And I love the way they all change direction in a big swarm, more like starlings than crows!
It was fun to 'tank' hell diablo while he fired a stream of red stars at me but I leeched enough to stay at full health without needing to move. 8-)
I only stopped playing it at 120 because it wasn't my main and it took a long time to level 120 to 125 in 1.0.

With the fix described above, I wonder if Maelstrom will now do more 'striking' so you get more life returned from LoS? I mean, is each and every spike that hits counted as 1 'strike'? Has anyone tried it this patch?
Edited by PlayerOne 4 years.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Fix was last minute, probably thats why I didn't make to notes.

I'm playing one right now, almost levle 125. Striking procs + mana leech seems to do the trick. Procs like knife are full physical so they leech. Qob as well. It scales to endgame, more damage you deal, more leech you get.
In earlier stages I just used lo runeword for mana and potions for heal.
youtube.com/ae1337
Subzy
Vampiress
38 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
aerial wrote:Fix was last minute, probably thats why I didn't make to notes.

I'm playing one right now, almost levle 125. Striking procs + mana leech seems to do the trick. Procs like knife are full physical so they leech. Qob as well. It scales to endgame, more damage you deal, more leech you get.
In earlier stages I just used lo runeword for mana and potions for heal.

Why do you not max Way of the Spider? :)