Xbow Necromancer

Paladin
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
suchbalance wrote:Can any TSW Xbow user provide some examples of what doors/level transitions you cannot use with Widowmaker on LMB?

Can you also check the same spot on single player?

- Entrance to Duriel (after you've put the staff in).
- Teleporters in Arcane Sanctuary.

I don't have any SP chars to test though. There were some more spots, which I can't think of right now, will post them here if I encounter those again.
berry117
Dark Wanderer
800 | 78
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
suchbalance wrote:Can any TSW Xbow user provide some examples of what doors/level transitions you cannot use with Widowmaker on LMB?

Can you also check the same spot on single player?

I've noticed a few, I will, keep track of which ones exactly now.
suchbalance
Team Member
1757 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Thanks for the reports, more won't be necessary. It should be fixed once we deploy a hotfix, but let me know in bugs & feedback if it persists.
Rooks
Invader
8 | 0
Xis Aether seems pretty bad now, Made one to use single target and it seems much worse than even Hwanin's for single target, low damage and even jumping to 65% mana leech doesn't sustain much at all.
JeppeAndersen
Rust Claw
82 | 0
How do you feel about Xbow after the nerfs?

I feel like the change to talon's hold and the greatly decreased chances of spawning meat shields is one of the biggest issues. And life leech feels soooooo slow now. It's a shame. And had to reroll for Buriza, as Hwanins just feels underwhelming now.

I really don't get the nerfs. Or most of the nerfs on all the chars. Why don't you just bring other chars and build up to level. I though Xbow nec felt so balanced and was a wonderful build.

Luckily I'm single player only, so I still have my Candlewake with unnerfed str bonus! That's something at least.

Have a good day people :)
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Common Guide Badge
Rooks wrote:Xis Aether seems pretty bad now, Made one to use single target and it seems much worse than even Hwanin's for single target, low damage and even jumping to 65% mana leech doesn't sustain much at all.

I never considered AetherXis good for anything but few bosses where the avoidance really helps. I just put it up there because I was annoyed at the millions of people who saw the xbow showcase using it and then came whining at me, asking where is it.

JeppeAndersen wrote:How do you feel about Xbow after the nerfs?

I feel like the change to talon's hold and the greatly decreased chances of spawning meat shields is one of the biggest issues. And life leech feels soooooo slow now. It's a shame. And had to reroll for Buriza, as Hwanins just feels underwhelming now.

I really don't get the nerfs. Or most of the nerfs on all the chars. Why don't you just bring other chars and build up to level. I though Xbow nec felt so balanced and was a wonderful build.

Luckily I'm single player only, so I still have my Candlewake with unnerfed str bonus! That's something at least.

Have a good day people :)

Reanimates are not the biggest deal to lose but the leech nerf hurt our early game greatly. However, after you get Hwanin you can tank anything again no problemos.

As far as why nerfs are happening, well, it is far healthier for the game to nerf a single outlier than to bring everything else up to its level. Power creep is a real issue, even tho slight amounts of it are necessary. Xbow necro was obscenely powerful and basically invalidated every other build (except barb for samael) with all gear levels. Now we're dragged back down to more realistic values and early/mid game is still doable, albeit considerably less faceroll than before.

Hwanin itself was a huge part of the problem. If you think about it, a WDM carrying proc that hits quite literally a full screen and is "on striking" is stupid.
Paladin
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Moasseman wrote:Okay, now if you're using Hwanin's Hwacha
, you might notice that it has "4% chance to cast Flametail shot on striking". But hey, Flametail shot is our skill. And conveniently for us, if you have a proc of your own class, it will benefit from any synergies to that skill you have. In this case the Flametail shot has a self-synergy of "+1 projectiles every 2 base levels" (which Hwanin's Hwacha modifies to +1 projectile every 7 base levels) so we put 14 points in Flametail shot to get 3 rockets instead of 1 for a bit more coverage. More importantly, Hwanin's proc is FULL PHYSICAL. This means it is your best bet at making Widowmaker leech again and as before, it will let you facetank practically anything (I can ignore barrels in Dunc with ghetto gear as long as there are enemies around)

Does
Hwanin's Hwacha
Hwanin's Hwacha
Needle Crossbow (Sacred)

(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 244
Item Level: 105
Innate Fire Damage: (80.0% of Strength)
Alchemic Preparation: Flametail Shot gains +1 Projectile per 4 Base Levels
Flametail Shot Inherits Catapult Shot's Fire Damage
4% Chance to cast level 24 Flametail Shot on Striking
+5 to Necromancer Skill Levels
60% Attack Speed
Adds 250-350 Fire Damage
(5 to 12)% Innate Elemental Damage
+150 to Strength
-100 to Dexterity
Socketed (6)
chance to cast level 28 flametail shot mean the proc itself equals 5 rockets? (1, 7, 14, 21, 28)? Why do we skill +14 in Flametail shot then or is it just because we want even more rockets? I'm probably lacking some basic game knowledge here, pardon me.

Another question:
Geleb's Greed
Geleb's Greed
Light Gauntlets (Sacred)

Defense: 1608 to 1830
Required Strength: 600
Item Level: 115
1% Chance to cast level 37 Fire Fountain on Death Blow
+1 to All Skills
-15% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(23 to 31) to Pyroblast
+200% Enhanced Defense
+5 Fire Absorb
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (4)

Curse of the Zakarum
(Zakarum Set)
and
Maffer's Frenzy
Maffer's Frenzy
Light Plated Boots (Sacred)

Defense: 784 to 868
Required Strength: 625
2% Chance to cast level 13 Psionic Scream on Kill
+1 to All Skills
25% Attack Speed
(10 to 40)% Movement Speed
Adds 3-5 Damage
50% Bonus to Attack Rating
+18 to Wolf Companion
Elemental Resists +(20 to 30)%
+20 Life after each Kill
Socketed (4)

Curse of the Zakarum
(Zakarum Set)
provide +8 Wolf stance. Does the "+x to all skills" of our items apply to that aswell? Like Call to arms' Battle Order etc. in vanilla d2 that got a higher level the more +x to all skills you had.

Edit: Just realized it probably wouldn't matter anyway, because only hard points make sense to get even more speed(s) of wolf stance.

Thank you :)
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Common Guide Badge
Paladin wrote:
Does
Hwanin's Hwacha
Hwanin's Hwacha
Needle Crossbow (Sacred)

(Necromancer Only)
Required Strength: 244
Item Level: 105
Innate Fire Damage: (80.0% of Strength)
Alchemic Preparation: Flametail Shot gains +1 Projectile per 4 Base Levels
Flametail Shot Inherits Catapult Shot's Fire Damage
4% Chance to cast level 24 Flametail Shot on Striking
+5 to Necromancer Skill Levels
60% Attack Speed
Adds 250-350 Fire Damage
(5 to 12)% Innate Elemental Damage
+150 to Strength
-100 to Dexterity
Socketed (6)
chance to cast level 28 flametail shot mean the proc itself equals 5 rockets? (1, 7, 14, 21, 28)? Why do we skill +14 in Flametail shot then or is it just because we want even more rockets? I'm probably lacking some basic game knowledge here, pardon me.

Another question:
Geleb's Greed
Geleb's Greed
Light Gauntlets (Sacred)

Defense: 1608 to 1830
Required Strength: 600
1% Chance to cast level 37 Fire Fountain on Death Blow
+1 to All Skills
-15% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(23 to 31) to Pyroblast
+200% Enhanced Defense
+5 Fire Absorb
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (4)

Curse of the Zakarum
(Zakarum Set)
and
Maffer's Frenzy
Maffer's Frenzy
Light Plated Boots (Sacred)

Defense: 784 to 868
Required Strength: 625
2% Chance to cast level 13 Psionic Scream on Kill
+1 to All Skills
25% Attack Speed
(10 to 40)% Movement Speed
Adds 3-5 Damage
50% Bonus to Attack Rating
+18 to Wolf Companion
Elemental Resists +(20 to 30)%
+20 Life after each Kill
Socketed (4)

Curse of the Zakarum
(Zakarum Set)
provide +8 Wolf stance. Does the "+x to all skills" of our items apply to that aswell? Like Call to arms' Battle Order etc. in vanilla d2 that got a higher level the more +x to all skills you had.

Edit: Just realized it probably wouldn't matter anyway, because only hard points make sense to get even more speed(s) of wolf stance.

Thank you :)

No, synergies work ONLY with hard skill points (base level in MXL language). Every proc/oskill is treated as having only soft skill points in the skill, so if you want Flametail to shoot extra projectiles, you need to pump some points into the skill itself.

And yes, +all skills (not +class skills) affects oskills like Wolf stance. However, like you said the benefit isn't great.
Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
Is Nymyr's Shadow worth using?
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Common Guide Badge
Ntf1015 wrote:Is Nymyr's Shadow worth using?

No, it's worse than a mediocre craft.