The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Sothpaw
Skeleton
3 | 0
ezkie wrote:any thing change in ya build? for 1.1?

Read the original post.
Tasidon
Sasquatch
60 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
I am shocked at how bad this build is now, the nerfs effectively killed it, it seems. Lol
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I saw this change coming... well if one item single handedly solved AR problem (no matter what kind of uber boss it was) and it was a simple TU then it was bound to be nerfed.

From what i see on docs the affix is completely gone. No items have it. Sucks to be STR based melee in that case.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
You can play around this, I didn't use those gloves in original T6 barb guide, and it still worked. It definitely is a nerf, no way to deny it.
Overall wolf stance adds bunch of damage so new build is doing still more damage than old, even counting that reduced chance to hit.
What you do lose is bit of defenses, as spirit guide is less reliable than bear stance, can lose them bonus if rush too much, especially while skipping through enemies in some instances. That I would say is main difference.
For clear, wolf stance crushing blow, that ease of getting max attack speed, it makes build feel to clear actually faster and smoother.
youtube.com/ae1337
thysick
Pit Knight
115 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Hi Aerial, re-thinking of making your barb, played with it last season was fun.. started summ necro, and now having hard time at 110.... your build seemed smooth all way throu gameplay...
Would love a character to farm Sacred gear. Your build would be good for that?
Plouffe
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hi there boys , Im doing defenatly something wrong... Sunless is undoable and cant go further then 105 ubers. Someone could help me out ? I cant figure what I should do to improve here... What Should I aim for ? Thanks Ive been trying to respec and try a few thing but im getting lost at it now :P
406 str ( I had no choise my Labry tu4 takes 696 by itself)
376 vit (6.8klife)
def on wolf 64k / bear -116k
Skill are as you said very same i got 18 spare at lv 111 right now

Gear is :
Helm Cornucopia Tu4 with Pul Lo Gul Lah and the MO you said
Chest Erawan Chain mail stuck at Tu3 due to lv
Belt Truce TU3 same with chest requirement lv 108 so im stock
Gloves : Featherclaw TU4 with 4 mal and the MO you talk about
Boots: LionPaw Tu4 with 4x KO for the str missing and the MO
Weapon Wrathchild Tu4 with 6 Jahs and MO
duychuong099
Skeleton
3 | 0
Plouffe wrote:Hi there boys , Im doing defenatly something wrong... Sunless is undoable and cant go further then 105 ubers. Someone could help me out ? I cant figure what I should do to improve here... What Should I aim for ? Thanks Ive been trying to respec and try a few thing but im getting lost at it now :P
406 str ( I had no choise my Labry tu4 takes 696 by itself)
376 vit (6.8klife)
def on wolf 64k / bear -116k
Skill are as you said very same i got 18 spare at lv 111 right now

Gear is :
Helm Cornucopia Tu4 with Pul Lo Gul Lah and the MO you said
Chest Erawan Chain mail stuck at Tu3 due to lv
Belt Truce TU3 same with chest requirement lv 108 so im stock
Gloves : Featherclaw TU4 with 4 mal and the MO you talk about
Boots: LionPaw Tu4 with 4x KO for the str missing and the MO
Weapon Wrathchild Tu4 with 6 Jahs and MO

i think you should begin find some sacred item to make runeword for chest and belt,jewel craft and shine craft for your weapon, you 'll easy get 300k def then done all 115 uber.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Defense is way too low. Read defense outside town with wolves around so spirit guide kicks in.
Defense with spirit guide shouldn't be much lower than with bear stance, as if you max it tcd is close.
Getting damage reduction from nih chest is also worth getting.

Just make sure you have runes is as many slots as possible, crank up %defense on armors to maximum (except gloves), and don't rush out of spirit guide range making sure wolf companion is near you. Aim for at least 300k defense there.
youtube.com/ae1337
Plouffe
Skeleton
2 | 0
Alright ill try to get sacred chest and belt. Ill do few change and recheck the whole thing outside of town.

Thanks!

When you mean crank up %of defence how do you do this exactly ? I got MO maxed out and lv required aswell.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
I meant exactly that, just make sure you MOd stuff to have high defense, ppl tend to forget about it early on. Having high defense on armor pieces helps obviously.

Iotss is pretty defense based uber, physical damage, so you can postpone doing it for a bit, get few other charms first.
In general this version of build with wolf stance has less defense initially than bear, because defense depends on hard points in spirit guide (bear gives less defense per level but it is per soft point so you have more early). But as you get more levels and charms, you get +max skill levels, and spirit guide bonus starts to catch up, in the end your defense should be about the same as bear stance version of the build.
youtube.com/ae1337