Owlbeast Miniguide Pog

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
StickyR
Cultist
22 | 0
Hmm thanks I'll check the EWD see its good otherwise i'll go for deadly strike
rusty
Pit Knight
102 | 5
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Quality post by HechtHeftig but yes he is correct in short. Deadly strike after you ED it up to 200%. Dagger I rocked this season until shark https://i.imgur.com/D8Ptyn7.png.
Inno86
Balrog
138 | 11
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hello,

this season is my first time playing medianxl. before i played lod (lot of years ago). i am currently following this guide. i am lvl 121 and lot of crafted gear that is fair. i would like to farm teganze but the character dies very quickly due to magic balls shot from enemy shamans. so i summon a bunch of weaklings to tank their hits, then when they die i retreat, summon again and go. is there any better way to do it? i would like to "storm through" like in k3k if there is a good strategy.

I am not using a merc, does it make a big difference?

anyway, i am also having issues with:
115 legacy of blood
115 the veiled prophet

also, i tried
120 quov tsin
120 kabraxis

but i did not stand a chance. any help is more than welcome!
rusty
Pit Knight
102 | 5
Common Guide Badge
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Inno86 wrote:Hello,

this season is my first time playing medianxl. before i played lod (lot of years ago). i am currently following this guide. i am lvl 121 and lot of crafted gear that is fair. i would like to farm teganze but the character dies very quickly due to magic balls shot from enemy shamans. so i summon a bunch of weaklings to tank their hits, then when they die i retreat, summon again and go. is there any better way to do it? i would like to "storm through" like in k3k if there is a good strategy.

115 legacy of blood
115 the veiled prophet

also, i tried
120 quov tsin
120 kabraxis

Legacy of blood is a gear check try it again later when you have more damage. Strat for me is just get as close to him as possible and spam quill storm.

Veiled prophet is also a gear check. Strat is go in portal, jitans as close as you can to a safe place near crystal ball, spam thorn wall on crystal ball until it dies and then quill+kite to kill the rest.

Quov can be done with weaker damage but you need a defensive gear setup. Wheel of fortune + shroud royal help quite a bit off the top of my head. Reduce damage by, max resist, and absorb are strong in this fight. You can also brute force him with decent dps gear just thorn wall him from max range and use the totems in the middle to dodge the beam.

Kaby you need avoid passive setup, movement speed, and decent damage to do him efficiently.

As for teganze its a little bit rough for rat to do it at first and I would suggest farming duncraig and trying to trade for rune/essence/xis. Merc does help quite a bit but you need to be able to afford his resurrection fee as often as you die ;)
Niveras
Imp
4 | 0
Inno86 wrote:Hello,

115 legacy of blood
115 the veiled prophet

also, i tried
120 quov tsin
120 kabraxis

I had a bit of luck using Elvensong in Legacy of Blood to provide extra tankiness and not be the target of every one of their attacks. However, I have ~20 points in it (siren has about 37k hp without minion modifiers) due to wanting the extra dodge from Symbiosis. You'll also still need to dodge the fireball traps that spawn under you, but gives me a little more leeway in being able to pause for quillstorm to kill some of the golems without having to dodge their bolts. After clearing a little bit I can throw thornwall under the boss, but still need to cast-and-move to avoid traps. Recast elvensong after its cooldown is up.

It helped a little too in Veiled Prophet but not as much. I am shit at targetting safely with Jitan's Gate, I always end up hitting the lightning which pretty much instant kills me. Again, while elvensong doesn't charm the nuns (I don't think anyway), they can target her instead of you. This can give you a few seconds for the lightning to stop and to more safely attack the crystal ball without being pressured from the nuns. Once it is down quill storm makes short work of them.

By no means are these on "farm" status for me but I managed to do them both at ~119 (only hit 120 last night) with an incomplete traprat set and otherwise the recommended TUs (+all other charms available at 119, except their trophies).

PS: Last night was my first ever time in tengaze, I died a lot too but I found the acid beasts reanimates from TU mask helped a little in taking pressure off you so you can kill things with thorn wall, or quill storm if they are close. Probably any reanimate that can be targetted would be helpful there.

PPS: A more general question, does dodge not work on the umbaru spirit's attacks? I swear I took damage from any ball that hit me. For having a 30% chance to dodge, between FF and Symbiosis, it seemed to do absolutely nothing.
isthisminecraft
Stygian Watcher
40 | 2
How do we go about making the shark runeword? Can we still get over 200%ed if we mo and use renewal before making it, otherwise what would you suggest
rusty
Pit Knight
102 | 5
Common Guide Badge
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
isthisminecraft wrote:How do we go about making the shark runeword? Can we still get over 200%ed if we mo and use renewal before making it, otherwise what would you suggest

Yeah this is the ideal way, but for you to fully MO ED before crafting the shark you need level 140 because shark makes the weapon 120.

Niveras wrote:
Inno86 wrote:PPS: A more general question, does dodge not work on the umbaru spirit's attacks? I swear I took damage from any ball that hit me. For having a 30% chance to dodge, between FF and Symbiosis, it seemed to do absolutely nothing.

It should be helping.. Not quite sure, teganze can feel rough at first.
JetJet
Abomination
149 | 0
what do you prioritize when crafting shield? max ctb (2%) roll with 5%or above physical resist or good physical rolls 10% physical resist 1% block. shields defense without ed is super low.
Image which of these 2 is better?
rusty
Pit Knight
102 | 5
Common Guide Badge
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
JetJet wrote:what do you prioritize when crafting shield? max ctb (2%) roll with 5%or above physical resist or good physical rolls 10% physical resist 1% block. shields defense without ed is super low.
Image which of these 2 is better?

2nd one is okay, ideally you want 2% block and some phys resist early on. Once you get most of your charms/trophies you can run a 1% block shield.
Falcoon
Prowler
16 | 0
One thing I don't quite understand is maxing Thorns Wall - does it give anything to that? I have like level 23 so far and absolutely no upgrades on this skill, only increasing mana cost - does it miss some information on tooltip or it gets like 1 additional hit per second at level 30?