Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
GoodestBoii wrote:I've got about 4 of the pieces for the elemental endgame set u have listed, will this be a decent option for endgaem gearing or is physical still going to be much better?

If you're that far along, I'd say keep going with Elemental. Starhawk was the only elemental piece I found last patch, so I haven't tested the full gearset personally. But based on feedback I got from other players, it sounds like it works well.

Phys gearsets are usually just a little easier to assemble (your buffs are designed around boosting Phys damage, so you have more options to mix and match if your luck is bad).

And ty for the suggestion. I considered adding spoiler tags during the 1.0 updates, but never got around to it. I'll do it when I post the 120 updates and see what people think.

Edit:
Added spoiler tags.
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
@Solfege, Any advice on clearing Teganze. I'm having a horrible time. Blade Spirits are being melted away within a sec same with my health lol.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
About the only things you can do are boost your Max Res, dodge good, and outfit an A5 merc with some cheap gear socketed with perfect res gems to soak damage. If you want Blade Spirits to survive a bit longer, you'll have to boost minion res and invest a few points into them (start with 5 points and go from there).

Teganze was tinkered with a lot in the various hotfixes last patch. Supposedly, it was balanced around 80% res.
PmP7x
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
For Teganze I'd say use witch hunters hat, wheel of fortune t4 shield and take out io/ amethysts for max res gems. I still die with 88% res and 15% sorb but I'm bad
a321333
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Thank you for your instruction and advice...and Poison/fire is good batter than light/fire ??
tourian
Jungle Hunter
28 | 2
Poison/Fire is better early on when you don't have phys res on your gear. When you start to get more late-game pieces, it becomes redundant (i have 39% phys res) so you want the benefits of the Lightning tree.
Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
What's the best way to go about doing teganze? I get destroyed as soon as I step in there. I hope I'm just missing something...

Edit: wow. Someone asked the same question like 5 posts up. Disregard!
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Quick note:
Since I haven't updated the 120 Ubers yet, I added some quick notes to the Teganze strat in the Uberquests section that should help. I'll try to post an updated strat (plus all the "Clvl 120, Part 1" strats) this evening when I have more time.
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Solfege wrote:Quick note:
Since I haven't updated the 120 Ubers yet, I added some quick notes to the Teganze strat in the Uberquests section that should help. I'll try to post an updated strat (plus all the "Clvl 120, Part 1" strats) this evening when I have more time.

thanks. Also, is the act 5 barbarian merc better than act 2 fighter-mage?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Probably. Barb is op.

I went with Fighter-Mage this time just to try something different. Chronofield seemed like a good support skill for a Phys-based melee build (crowd control + increasing you damage via reducing enemy Phys Res w/o adding ND to your attacks). But no defense passive (Phys Res only goes so far) and very limited Life sustain options (Blood Thorns doesn't leech) makes it harder to keep him alive in tougher Ubers.