Cog
239 | 29
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I'm curious about how it performs at under geared and lower level.
Spirit walker is just too expensive..
Is it possible to farm at Dunc with bit cheaper stuff? and how about buffed Wolf stance?
Keywing
Monkey King
254 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
matdoo wrote:I'm curious about how it performs at under geared and lower level.
Spirit walker is just too expensive..
Is it possible to farm at Dunc with bit cheaper stuff? and how about buffed Wolf stance?

Well before I even considered putting the bow on a barb, I threw the t1 hunter bow on my superbeast pally and it did dunc. Not super well but could still do it.
Bear in mind, the only bonus damage that an unholy pally gets is from charms and a small amount from the SBS I was wearing. Otherwise I had no damage buffs, just a ton of arrows as a fast speed.
thysick
Pit Knight
115 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
How can i level ? im about to start a leveling this build
Keywing
Monkey King
254 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
thysick wrote:How can i level ? im about to start a leveling this build

I wouldn't recommend starting with this build.
It's extremely gear dependent and arrow swarm at early levels isn't very good.
Miothan
Rust Claw
83 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Im currently farming with my summoner necro, lvl 122, and gotta say that this looks awesolutely amazing for farming stuff, LOOKS faster than Xbox necro (not sure why ppl say xbox necro is amazing for farming when the skill they use has short range and only works in 4 directions not even half a screen worth of aoe radius).

If i ever get the required Sacred items and an XiS rune ill def. make a barb like this and increase my farm efficiency by 4x (im guessing that it would be 4 times faster than my current summoner at least hehe :D)
Keywing
Monkey King
254 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Miothan wrote:Im currently farming with my summoner necro, lvl 122, and gotta say that this looks awesolutely amazing for farming stuff, LOOKS faster than Xbox necro (not sure why ppl say xbox necro is amazing for farming when the skill they use has short range and only works in 4 directions not even half a screen worth of aoe radius).

If i ever get the required Sacred items and an XiS rune ill def. make a barb like this and increase my farm efficiency by 4x (im guessing that it would be 4 times faster than my current summoner at least hehe :D)

Well the Xbow necro's widowmaker doesn't just shoot in 4 directions. The animation is an X but the bolts are homing to anything around it. They just originate in that X.

As for the bow barb, try using the tiered unique bow for the oskill to see how much your damage is.
This build in the video has end game gear and perfect or near perfect trophied charms.
It isn't as easy to kill things or to survive unless you have all the end game gear.
Give it a shot before you waste a xis rune
Miothan
Rust Claw
83 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Keywing wrote:
Miothan wrote:Im currently farming with my summoner necro, lvl 122, and gotta say that this looks awesolutely amazing for farming stuff, LOOKS faster than Xbox necro (not sure why ppl say xbox necro is amazing for farming when the skill they use has short range and only works in 4 directions not even half a screen worth of aoe radius).

Well the Xbow necro's widowmaker doesn't just shoot in 4 directions. The animation is an X but the bolts are homing to anything around it. They just originate in that X.

As for the bow barb, try using the tiered unique bow for the oskill to see how much your damage is.
This build in the video has end game gear and perfect or near perfect trophied charms.
It isn't as easy to kill things or to survive unless you have all the end game gear.

Ok, thanks for the info, i didn't know the bolts are homing, that does make it much better than what it looks like (watched a youtube vid of a guy doing some challenges and the x animation made it look really bad for farming compared to something with much wider spread).

Currently trying to farm myself an XiS rune, got all but 1 essence but only 1 great rune droped :P

Is the Bow-Barian build good enough to start farming duncraig with less than optimal items? i can currently farm Duncraig but i die a few times on each run and the Necromorbs are SO annoying since my summons can't outrun them and the best way for me to kill them is to teleport right on top of a pack of them, they die really fast then but with a 8 or 9 seconds cd on jitan's it's super annoying X_x. And i still wear early gear (TU's and low runewords) since i haven't been able to find a single Archbishop Laz item and no luck with shrine crafting either so i think im quite slow atm farming with my summoner.
Keywing
Monkey King
254 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Miothan wrote:
Keywing wrote:

Ok, thanks for the info, i didn't know the bolts are homing, that does make it much better than what it looks like (watched a youtube vid of a guy doing some challenges and the x animation made it look really bad for farming compared to something with much wider spread).

Currently trying to farm myself an XiS rune, got all but 1 essence but only 1 great rune droped :P

Is the Bow-Barian build good enough to start farming duncraig with less than optimal items? i can currently farm Duncraig but i die a few times on each run and the Necromorbs are SO annoying since my summons can't outrun them and the best way for me to kill them is to teleport right on top of a pack of them, they die really fast then but with a 8 or 9 seconds cd on jitan's it's super annoying X_x. And i still wear early gear (TU's and low runewords) since i haven't been able to find a single Archbishop Laz item and no luck with shrine crafting either so i think im quite slow atm farming with my summoner.

Regrettably I don't actually know how good it can be with decent gear.
When I did this video it was with end game items and 130% pierce in fire lightning and cold (though cold doesn't matter now) but I never tested it with lesser gear.

I am only missing one item for my newest bow barb this season so if I remember, I'll write back when I see how it goes
ilska
Prowler
16 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
is this viable in 1.1.4? Max Dex?
Keywing
Monkey King
254 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
ilska wrote:is this viable in 1.1.4? Max Dex?

To be honest I'm not super sure. I last couple patches really put me off so I haven't been playing.