Discuss Median XL!
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
tranvanhieu wrote:In cLOD, every weapons has a set base attack speed. A very fast weapon will swing very fast by all characters.

In Median, the base attack speed is sometimes confusing, because it depend on the character that use it (so, yeah, the item base attack speed page is just wrong). With same weapon, a character can hit "very fast" while others hit "very slow".

Is there a complete table for this anywhere?

I mean like that's not true at all and it differs from class to class, all weapons have a base WSM thats global. I'm sure it has something to do with characters breakpoints and why the speeds are slower, but what you said isn't true in the slightest.

http://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/baseitems

Here you can see the WSM of all base weapons that you can use with speed calc to find your breakpoints.
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
KILLBANE wrote:Hi !

Can someone tell me how to use Enchanting Crystals properly? I have tried the existing formula but it doesn't seem to do anything and I still have the crystal so I am probably doing it wrong.. :wall:

ECs were removed awhile ago. The recipe is EC + SU = SU of same base. The recipe might've been disabled as of MXL17 1.3 iirc.
trollnest3
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Im_a_ninja wrote:3 . Image

haha :mrgreen: but is there a way to create other unique jewels? Or did I just have bad luck?
arcology
Cog
211 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
fartybreath wrote:I was just sorting out my inventory by dropping all gear on the ground in town in a few piles while going back and forth to my chest and once to buy an oil of disjunction. All sacred uniques and set items disappeared :( I didn't think I was taking that long or straying far enough for this to happen but apparently I was wrong.

What is the maximum time/ distance before items despawn?

I can't find the exact times, it's listed somewhere, it depends on the rarity of the item, sacred uniques and sets stay the longest. Distance doesn't matter, only time. How long was it? Should be like 30 minutes or something.
arcology
Cog
211 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
JetJet wrote:what's the easiest build to reach any type dmg 100k ? also post gear if generous.

Poison something, my scorpion blade sin had over 200k with duration items.
arcology
Cog
211 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
thysick wrote:Any guides on how to TG?

Would be fun to have a SoloSelf found server..and never use TG lol

You can definitely play without trading.. I wouldn't mind a restricted server like that. TG is pretty straightforward, 10 is worth $1, can be obtained by donations, use it wisely..
trollnest3
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
I'm searching for "Searing Glow". That skill is not listed in the wiki skill list, if there is another list, let me know.
fartybreath
Invader
9 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
arcology wrote:
fartybreath wrote:I was just sorting out my inventory by dropping all gear on the ground in town in a few piles while going back and forth to my chest and once to buy an oil of disjunction. All sacred uniques and set items disappeared :( I didn't think I was taking that long or straying far enough for this to happen but apparently I was wrong.

What is the maximum time/ distance before items despawn?

I can't find the exact times, it's listed somewhere, it depends on the rarity of the item, sacred uniques and sets stay the longest. Distance doesn't matter, only time. How long was it? Should be like 30 minutes or something.

Didn't seem quite 30 minutes but it was close, Unfortunately only the sacred uniques and set pieces disappeared and not my sacred rares (which were going to be my junk). I was actively sorting which is why I am posting this here as I know I can't be the only one who takes a long time with inventory management.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
trollnest3 wrote:I'm searching for "Searing Glow". That skill is not listed in the wiki skill list, if there is another list, let me know.

You can check the old SkillCalc. Damage numbers listed there have been out of date for a long time, but it can usually give you an of idea what a skill does. Or at the very least, the type of damage it does (e.g. Searing Glow is a spell that deals Phys damage).
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Helzopro wrote:
tranvanhieu wrote:In cLOD, every weapons has a set base attack speed. A very fast weapon will swing very fast by all characters.

In Median, the base attack speed is sometimes confusing, because it depend on the character that use it (so, yeah, the item base attack speed page is just wrong). With same weapon, a character can hit "very fast" while others hit "very slow".

Is there a complete table for this anywhere?

I mean like that's not true at all and it differs from class to class, all weapons have a base WSM thats global. I'm sure it has something to do with characters breakpoints and why the speeds are slower, but what you said isn't true in the slightest.

http://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/baseitems

Here you can see the WSM of all base weapons that you can use with speed calc to find your breakpoints.

Sorry, but for the base item page, the speed IS WRONG.

Small example: A long bow on a Necromancer has "Slow Attack speed", while on an Amazon, it has "Normal Attack Speed".

There are many many cases like that if you pay close attention.