Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
lomom
Imp
4 | 0
I have a question regarding mules. Is there a safer way to transfer items than I do: I join someones game, drop items on floor and quickly rejoin with another character.
Is it possible to open 2 diablo clients with same account or any other way?
theidleone
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Can someone briefly explain how much elemental pierce I need? Monsters that are immune have 100%+ resistance, right? So by getting 100% pierce, I can break the immunity? I know pierce also adds more damage to non-immune monsters. Do I have the right idea? Is pierce better than spell damage?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
lomom wrote:I have a question regarding mules. Is there a safer way to transfer items than I do: I join someones game, drop items on floor and quickly rejoin with another character.

Yes. You can open 2 instances of Median. Mule in private, password-protected games to avoid the risk of items being taken by other players (any item on the ground in a public game is considered fair game for anyone to pick up).

theidleone wrote:Can someone briefly explain how much elemental pierce I need? Monsters that are immune have 100%+ resistance, right? So by getting 100% pierce, I can break the immunity? I know pierce also adds more damage to non-immune monsters. Do I have the right idea? Is pierce better than spell damage?

Check out the Intro to Mechanics thread and the How Spell Damage is Calculated thread.

But the tl;dr is:
135 pierce for mobs and 170 pierce for bosses.
Pierce can't break immunities (but some skills can).
Pierce dosn't affect a monster's Absorb.
Regarding pierce vs. SD, not sure if one is necessarily better than the other. Both mods compliment each other, and both have diminishing returns. So if you're stacking tons of SD w/o noticing much increased damage, start stacking pierce (and vice versa).
lomom
Imp
4 | 0
Solfege wrote:
lomom wrote:I have a question regarding mules. Is there a safer way to transfer items than I do: I join someones game, drop items on floor and quickly rejoin with another character.

Yes. You can open 2 instances of Median. Mule in private, password-protected games to avoid the risk of items being taken by other players (any item on the ground in a public game is considered fair game for anyone to pick up).

Thanks
annoying cat
Monkey King
278 | 1
this may have been asked before. since bosses are immune to crushing blow, is deadly strike the next best alternative?

and any detailed info on hammertime?

thanks.
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
tranvanhieu wrote:Sorry, but for the base item page, the speed IS WRONG.

Small example: A long bow on a Necromancer has "Slow Attack speed", while on an Amazon, it has "Normal Attack Speed".

There are many many cases like that if you pay close attention.

You're still not understanding, you talk about your beloved clod like you actually know how stuff works but you don't. Different classes have different speeds for weapons, it's as simple as that, there's nothing wrong with the base item page in the docs, it lists the WSM for EVERY CLASS, that value is global to everyone.

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/it ... axes.shtml

Image 0 is the WSM for ALL CLASSES.

When you ask a question and still ignore the answer you should rethink before posting a reply.
Miothan
Rust Claw
83 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
1:Does "The Black Road" no longer give +1 Maximum Skill LEvel?
Mine only has +150 life/mana while the documentation states it should still give +1 max skill level?

2: Does all sets drop in k3ba? im seeing a lot of the same set items drop and none from sets that are listed as "rare sets" on the wiki.
boozek
Son of Lucion
733 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Playing Caster Druid lvl125. Cannot do any of 125 Ubers.
I guess I need to respec.
What would be the best Druid build for getting 125 charms ?
Stigzy
Cultist
21 | 0
I'm currently LVL 109 and just finished act 4. Levelling has become very slow, is this because I'm over/under levelled for the area, or just the natural progression of the game? Any good areas to LVL for my current character level?
Pennybags
Destroyer
6 | 1
Stigzy wrote:I'm currently LVL 109 and just finished act 4. Levelling has become very slow, is this because I'm over/under levelled for the area, or just the natural progression of the game? Any good areas to LVL for my current character level?

Mostly just the natural progression. Try the sunless sea uber rift and then could also add in cows or torjian jungles once you hit 110.