Owlbeast Miniguide Pog

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
rusty
Pit Knight
102 | 5
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Falcoon wrote:One thing I don't quite understand is maxing Thorns Wall - does it give anything to that? I have like level 23 so far and absolutely no upgrades on this skill, only increasing mana cost - does it miss some information on tooltip or it gets like 1 additional hit per second at level 30?

Every 2 or 3 points adds .1 seconds to the duration. The longer it lasts the more you can stack up on 1 target thus increasing the overall dps.

I only really suggest doing this early on, later when you have charms the softlevels they provide should be enough for solid dps from thorn wall.
Obiben
Prowler
15 | 0
Does any trap rat ability trigger life on attack? I'm not sure about the ripstar x2
rusty
Pit Knight
102 | 5
Common Guide Badge
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Obiben wrote:Does any trap rat ability trigger life on attack? I'm not sure about the ripstar x2

It does not, ripstar is for the flat physical damage. You can check the tooltip damage vs a rare ring. A ring with unseelie curse might be interesting alternative.
Inno86
Balrog
138 | 11
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
When would be a good time to do kabraxis? I tried him with current gear https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=namst but seems like the damage is not enough... I run (walk) in circle and spam quills but cannot do enough damage. At some point kabraxis does his poisonus shurikens' nova and I end up dead with almost no improvements (he regenerates every time he kills me).

I have yet to get baal's charm (a bit unlucky) and no trophies or improvements on other charms. Would it make a huge difference? (Especially the bonus for killing mat and imp in 1 minute) or I need the combo plunderbird+undead crown to do this boss? Or something else?

My res are all at 77, should I increase poison? Does it make a difference? I am more concerned about the lack of damage... For quills it ranges between 2k and 7k with all buffs
rusty
Pit Knight
102 | 5
Common Guide Badge
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Inno86 wrote:When would be a good time to do kabraxis? I tried him with current gear https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=namst but seems like the damage is not enough... I run (walk) in circle and spam quills but cannot do enough damage. At some point kabraxis does his poisonus shurikens' nova and I end up dead with almost no improvements (he regenerates every time he kills me).

I have yet to get baal's charm (a bit unlucky) and no trophies or improvements on other charms. Would it make a huge difference? (Especially the bonus for killing mat and imp in 1 minute) or I need the combo plunderbird+undead crown to do this boss? Or something else?

My res are all at 77, should I increase poison? Does it make a difference? I am more concerned about the lack of damage... For quills it ranges between 2k and 7k with all buffs

One stat that does help is poison length reduction I suggest getting an astrogha charm it should help. Make sure you are sprinting when you run around him in circles. When he does the poison spike nova kite him away from it and continue the same pattern of circling him.

The bonus for killing mat + imp should be doable as well I did it with about equal gear to what you got now. For this fight make sure you are pre-summoning endryems to tank.

As for the lack of damage try to grab an eth blade/kriss for shark and some hammerfist. Also be on the lookout for another xis to craft an instinct swap.

I have not got around to testing the undead crown setup yet as the helm has been hard to obtain.
trollnest3
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
I'm lvl 106 now, with 14%ml and 20maek, though I'm drinking mana potions all the time. Do you do the same? Or can you say to me when that stops ;D
Sidad
Prowler
15 | 0
trollnest3 wrote:I'm lvl 106 now, with 14%ml and 20maek, though I'm drinking mana potions all the time. Do you do the same? Or can you say to me when that stops ;D

I just started this build as well and once I got Horazon's Focus And Legacy of Blood charms I didn't need mana pots anymore.
rusty
Pit Knight
102 | 5
Common Guide Badge
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
trollnest3 wrote:I'm lvl 106 now, with 14%ml and 20maek, though I'm drinking mana potions all the time. Do you do the same? Or can you say to me when that stops ;D

If its becoming a big issue for you just MO mana leech on your TU weapon once or twice.
trollnest3
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Ok, I will do that. But isn't "mana on attack" better for this build because it doesn't get capped like leech?
rusty
Pit Knight
102 | 5
Common Guide Badge
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
trollnest3 wrote:Ok, I will do that. But isn't "mana on attack" better for this build because it doesn't get capped like leech?

It's a projectile not an attack.