Xbow Necromancer

Wuhrfrahmen
Prowler
19 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Moasseman wrote:
Wuhrfrahmen wrote:Stormpike procs a LOT (I'm using Hwanin's with 14 bas points in Flametail; unclear if Hwanin's proc'ing on itself increases Stormpike procs). Toon looks like a frickin' rocket launching menace. Stormpike also targets enemies off to the sides; can help indicate when something is coming from off-screen. The lightning may also help deal with the after-Kabraxis golems, but haven't tested that yet, either. Devil's Dance seems to be fairly cheap to buy, so might be worth buying to see if you can get the +100 MF on it from Azmodan's Heart.

Devil's Dance is useful and cheap but it has certain downsides, such as the proc being fully converted to lightning (an element we at large ignore), which make me prefer other quivers (I'd still use it over Tranq tho).

As far as Kab golems go, you don't need any specific gear/damage for them anymore since they're no longer immune to other elements, just absorb em like most enemies.

Ah - hadn't seen the Kab golem changes. Thanks for the info. Does the -fire resist on Laz' quiver increase our Dragonfire Oil damage?
Xainn
Cultist
22 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Moasseman wrote:
Wuhrfrahmen wrote:Stormpike procs a LOT (I'm using Hwanin's with 14 bas points in Flametail; unclear if Hwanin's proc'ing on itself increases Stormpike procs). Toon looks like a frickin' rocket launching menace. Stormpike also targets enemies off to the sides; can help indicate when something is coming from off-screen. The lightning may also help deal with the after-Kabraxis golems, but haven't tested that yet, either. Devil's Dance seems to be fairly cheap to buy, so might be worth buying to see if you can get the +100 MF on it from Azmodan's Heart.

Devil's Dance is useful and cheap but it has certain downsides, such as the proc being fully converted to lightning (an element we at large ignore), which make me prefer other quivers (I'd still use it over Tranq tho).

As far as Kab golems go, you don't need any specific gear/damage for them anymore since they're no longer immune to other elements, just absorb em like most enemies.

Just curious, if I'm wanting to Orb specifically for damage, as my FHR is over 200% but not close enough to hit the final breakpoint, resists are ridiculously above cap, I'm full end-game geared. Perfect SBS, Rygnar, 2 x P knuckles etc etc.. Should I just MO the 1-2 damage or strength? Which would give more damage? Just looking at it simply the 5-10 damage appears to give me about 250-300 dmg on widow, and the strength is giving around 200, but a thing I noticed was when stacking strength, the more base I had the better. I was running with full Ko runes and had about 4300-4500 strength.. Switch 4 jewels in and it quickly plumetted to 3600.. Should I even jewel if I'm already at 17k life and 31k AR with Ko runes in? Removing just 4 Ko runes my damage drops by over 800, and replacing it with jewels with AR/Life/2% str I lose over 500 dmg. I understand typically speaking, we have plenty of damage, but I'm just curious.
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Force of Mind
wondering if this is any good, since I decided I'd rather not make a netraldin, but have a necro at 120 currently as a summoner.
missuri
Prowler
19 | 0
Hello, help please me. How kill elementals for open black road. I attack them with the same elements, but health does not decrease ..
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Guide Badge
missuri wrote:Hello, help please me. How kill elementals for open black road. I attack them with the same elements, but health does not decrease ..

You don't really need anything special for the elementals. I just personally went and shot Widowmaker around till they were all dead.

OrphineM wrote:wondering if this is any good, since I decided I'd rather not make a netraldin, but have a necro at 120 currently as a summoner.

It's usable but is it better than other options? No.

Wuhrfrahmen wrote:Ah - hadn't seen the Kab golem changes. Thanks for the info. Does the -fire resist on Laz' quiver increase our Dragonfire Oil damage?

-enemy fire resist affects all fire damage we deal.
missuri
Prowler
19 | 0
Moasseman, strange, Widowmaker does not cause any damage ... maybe you are not thinking about these elementals?
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Common Guide Badge
missuri wrote:Moasseman, strange, Widowmaker does not cause any damage ... maybe you are not thinking about these elementals?

I just went to test and killing the 5 elemental spirits (the 5 small islands behind Kab) was a nonissue, just walk around the platform spamming Widow until all the small elementals are dead and then start shooting the Spirit in the middle.
missuri
Prowler
19 | 0
Thank you, first needed killed elementals, prepered to killing spirit...gg
berry117
Dark Wanderer
798 | 78
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
If anyone hasn't tried 28 points flametail shot with hwanin, I think my clear speed has gone up substantially.... as if it wasn't fast enough with 7 point.
APAKane
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Is there any tips you can give on beating Kabraxis with this current build?
I bring no summons/merc, and avoid most of his attacks but keep getting obliterated by that sky-deathbeam.
82% poison res btw