The TLDR 2H Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Yeah uldyssian is going to be really hard with this, I'd probably respec to overkill, block also would make it lot easier since defense in this fight isn't very effective.
youtube.com/ae1337
tyleru78d94
Invader
8 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Forgive me in advanced for this potentially ignorant question....

Is this build still viable with the current version? I'm using a lot (not all) of end-game gear, followed the stats and skills, and this barb is the squishiest character I've made yet. I'm lvl 104, he's at about 5k life, 113K defense, but dmg is no problem at all. I've got sacred crafted labrys axe (+3 barb skills, 290ed, 160 max dmg), sacred creepy crafted gauntlets, sacred creepy crafted fanged helm, sacred vith belt, lionpaw (4), candleware armor ( 11K def, all I got right now), and +1 rings with def, +3 ammy with life, vitality, and defense.

All sockets are filled with the recommended runes and everything is mystic orbed as the guide states (to my lvl of 104)...

But I can't even kill hell Andy without being two-shot. I'm trying to figure out how to get my defense, life, and resistance up - but I'm capped on options being all 3 are extremely low. I could easily handle the hurdle of dealing with 1...but all 3 are issues right now. While I'm not EXACTLY on the guide, I'm very close to it, but I'm not even close to a viable build.

What am I doing wrong?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Your health is low, you need max resistances (which is not hard at all if you use proper runes and MO jewellery even mo armors with all res, max resists should be absolute priority).
Damage reduction is another thing, nih armor beats candlewake by miles. You want to sit at at least 30% physical resistance, so tu helm also is good choice.
As for boosting HP, things with %life bonus will have big returns, so many charms will help, they have synergy with daedalus +flat life. You want that passive supermaxed at all cost (inc returns formula). Same as all defensive ones, spirit guide and runemaster too. Your defense should be getting higher rapidly as you unlock more hard points. You wanna be at least 300k when you do let's say Iotss. I can already see this, you do some tweaks, beat andy, and first thing you do is go to iotss in a2 and get destroyed with 100k def :) Delay this uber a bit, defense must be higher.
For progress build I'm recommending pumping vitality pretty high, so make sure you've done that, not go full str. Vitality = more life for barb, good scaling.

Maybe it is way you play, hit and run a bit, use thunderslam in rough spots of the game.
I tested this build untwinked had no issues at all, it honestly even felt smoother than old bear version, because of the free wolf stance speed, which makes you move and clear faster.
youtube.com/ae1337
tyleru78d94
Invader
8 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thank you for the very detailed and quick response!
reiyu568
Cultist
21 | 8
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey man, AWESOME guide. Easy to read, fun to play.

I just RACED to 120 and started to struggle a lot though... I have nice labrys craft and over 6k dmg on deathgaze, 500k def, 11k hp, full res all charms until 120, 12k ar and 30% phys. res and I just CANT do anything except duncraig on 120. I just die instantly lmao. Quov ok, I can do that too with some minor tweaks like the shield etc ez pz, KABRAXIS IS HELL to kill because the LOW fortress damage, took me 15 minutes to get him to half then he killed me twice in a row and I rage quit lol. Really dont know what to do. Any tips

Gear: Crafted labrys, boots, gloves, helm, Erawan gothic armor, VITH belt, ring of regha MO+1sk ring and 3sk hymn ammy with MO. Dont know where or how I can upgrade to make it better. Any ideas? Why do I die in like 3 hits in teganze... like woot! Imperius & malthael kick my ass so hard I feel it in real.
Any way to progress here?

Thanks a lot for your time, writing this incredible guide and also for your response now.
appuru
Prowler
16 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I'm stumped on a few things:
1. Wrathchild has a *lot* going for it, is more damage alone really going to trump +skills, TCD, slow target, etc? Or is the crafted sacred labrys assumed to have +5 skills and such?
2. How do you sustain yourself with this build? Unless I'm missing something you have to chug potions a lot which seems pretty limiting.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
For ubers just look at videos, your stats shouldn't be far off from the old version which video guide shows. You will have significantly more damage with this build, bit less defense, and you need pay attention to not get out of spirit guide range. As for your stats, your AR is too low, get more +all stats to boost dex, more %ar. Defense is also low, try squeeze more defense on armors, few more TCD mo here and there.

Otherwise it should be close. Let me address 120 ubers:
- Judgment Day: shouldn't be hard, burst one guy fast, grab poison shrine like in video so you can eat punishers and finish other boss. Tested it wasn't any harder than bear version, in fact I think it was even easier.
- Quov Tsin: gear check with resists
- Duncraig: you've done it
- Teganze: dodge projectiles manually, it sucks for melee builds. Use thunderslam, use merc, prioritize some items with reanimates, they help tank. I wouldn't farm it with this build, all you need to rush to the boss and get chest. If you actually wanna farm 25 runes/essences this will require some tweaking, as just melee build that constantly eats all projectiles coming your way will suck. What helps most here is reanimates and summons (and merc ofc)
- Ureh: Walk slower to not lose wolves defense bonus. Otherwise should feel very close to video. It is quite hard, but doable.
- Triune: Nothing special here, you shouldn't have any problems with this one, easier than duncraig. Boss fight is same for most chars.
- Kabraxis: Hard. Wanna respec for pure fortress, and run around like in video. You should be killing it faster than in video, because wolf stance damage boost and wolf will make it easier to dodge stuff as you move faster. It is hardest of all 120 so leave it for last.
- Athulua: Nothing special here, just zerg rush it from tp, will take a while but there is no lockdown, so its matter of time. Uninterruptible attack stat helps.

As for 2nd post.
1. TU axe is really good and I wouldn't prioritize upgrading it too early, it is very good. Skills arent that important, just good +350 max craft adds so much more raw damage it straight up wins especially vs bosses. But really don't get crazy over it, everything can be done with TU axe as well.
2. This is meant to be progress build, so you just jugg potions. Vs some annoying bosses where you stand still hitting them and run OOM, you can swap for that tu helm with mana on striking, that solves mana issues. Otherwise that little bit of leech from charms should be enough for trash. As for healing, potions mostly, as we are runemaster, can't use ll jewels in most slots. You can still socket chest/belt with 2% ll each jewel, and upgrade your weapon if you wish. I don't mind using potions. It is build I use to quickly get the charms it can get, levelup but not farm extensively. If I wanted to run 500 duncraig runs with this for mf, I'd definitely get lot of leech simply to not bother with potions.
youtube.com/ae1337
appuru
Prowler
16 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks! I think I get it now :bounce:
Yazzy9
Skeleton
2 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Recommendations for sacred items?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
You mean like bases? highest armor possible, check base items in docs.
With wolf stance you don't care about ancient armor movement speed penalty as well.
youtube.com/ae1337