Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Haven't tried, but it seems like not bad idea, once you really cap the dodge and block for farming.
youtube.com/ae1337
ensiferumlism
Stone Warrior
31 | 0
Manu300000 wrote:
aerial wrote:Problem is all ways suck, and of all of them Wots seems to be doing most work, as you can "tag" trash enemies, and wots will finish them off, as it will inflict substantial amount of damage ovr those >2s. Much more damage than you can deal with single throw of other ways.
If you spam maelstrom, then added damage from all spikes, over and over again counts, and then indeed wots is worthless.

Have you tried tiefling form? Atm im running it for farming. Unlimited sprinting and the stat boost are very nice. Max block and avoid can handle duncraig without problems.
Even fauztinville is working faster cause of the huge dex (dmg) boost. Running 350 mf and 7k dex with this.

With 7k dex, you almost cap the block. Seem a good idea, and you carry some items have procs? :D
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ensiferumlism wrote:With 7k dex, you almost cap the block. Seem a good idea, and you carry some items have procs? :D

Would be nice to know how high you can go with dex deticated gear. Im missing a umbaru chest upgraded and many other things that could be dex moed.
My only proc is the one from hexward, 2% on striking and liliths belt :D
Tiefling form provides +6 all skills +290 stamina and ~350 to dex.
ensiferumlism
Stone Warrior
31 | 0
Stats and %stats can boots easily with honorific - UMO mo'ed. MK1 build seem likes mana sorc now, but i think if you want to improve killspeed, you need some procs. I only use this build to do some uberquest, but i can see how powerful it is. My choice for procs is : demonic touch (huge spell dmg from Tierling form), MO your weapon with warbringer UMO. Belt and boots can be honorific dex bless - mo'ed with UMO if you're rich.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ensiferumlism wrote:Stats and %stats can boots easily with honorific - UMO mo'ed. MK1 build seem likes mana sorc now, but i think if you want to improve killspeed, you need some procs. I only use this build to do some uberquest, but i can see how powerful it is. My choice for procs is : demonic touch (huge spell dmg from Tierling form), MO your weapon with warbringer UMO. Belt and boots can be honorific dex bless - mo'ed with UMO if you're rich.

This doesn't make any sense. Procs are not boosting your clearspeed at all basically. you just shoot yourself on the leg for not having more dexterity. if you want clear speed just cap your dexterity and max doom + get doom proc amulet and thats it. procs you need is weapon damage procs to get life/ mana steel from monsters better. also tiefling form does not provide you spellpower.

Manu300000 wrote:
ensiferumlism wrote:With 7k dex, you almost cap the block. Seem a good idea, and you carry some items have procs? :D

Would be nice to know how high you can go with dex deticated gear. Im missing a umbaru chest upgraded and many other things that could be dex moed.
My only proc is the one from hexward, 2% on striking and liliths belt :D
Tiefling form provides +6 all skills +290 stamina and ~350 to dex.

i have 8k dex with mf gear :) dex oriented with umo's i think you can reach around 10k dex and 40k damage if you want to cap it up.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge

Almost? You need way less to cap block even with no +1 block on shield.
Aything past that is for magic bonus damage to maelstrom and ewd form dex.

As for clear speed, I don't know what is best. Build has fairly limited aoe, its weird thing to "complain" about, but when you are clearing giant screens full of monsters in fauzt, even if you 1 shot area of maelstrom, you still need to turn around and throw many times to clear the screen.
And because skill itself is the only thing that carries that big magic damage bonus, any procs you add to the mix, don't really help that much. Their damage vs proc damage is low. It is not the same as if knife procs for example were on par with maelstrom spikes, then loading striking procs would work like on old atmg sin. Here they don't help that much.

I think for clear speed, best thing you can do is, ditch ways, and invest that into claw passive + 1pt noctule, switch for claw, get for example nih runeword claw. 20% sor on kill combined with 360 degrees aoe of noctule, clears faster in most dense ubers. You can still be maelstrom sin without respec, any time you need, and it will be 99% as strong as if you didn't spec into hybrid noctule, because those points in whatever way you dump them are very small % of your total dps anyway.
youtube.com/ae1337
ensiferumlism
Stone Warrior
31 | 0
aerial wrote:

Almost? You need way less to cap block even with no +1 block on shield.
Aything past that is for magic bonus damage to maelstrom and ewd form dex.

As for clear speed, I don't know what is best. Build has fairly limited aoe, its weird thing to "complain" about, but when you are clearing giant screens full of monsters in fauzt, even if you 1 shot area of maelstrom, you still need to turn around and throw many times to clear the screen.
And because skill itself is the only thing that carries that big magic damage bonus, any procs you add to the mix, don't really help that much. Their damage vs proc damage is low. It is not the same as if knife procs for example were on par with maelstrom spikes, then loading striking procs would work like on old atmg sin. Here they don't help that much.

I think for clear speed, best thing you can do is, ditch ways, and invest that into claw passive + 1pt noctule, switch for claw, get for example nih runeword claw. 20% sor on kill combined with 360 degrees aoe of noctule, clears faster in most dense ubers. You can still be maelstrom sin without respec, any time you need, and it will be 99% as strong as if you didn't spec into hybrid noctule, because those points in whatever way you dump them are very small % of your total dps anyway.

Good to know. Cause i dont play this build much, only for some ubers like Kabraxis, Astroga, Xazax and some shits i dont want to melee. Seem it's not good build for farming. :|
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
It isn't bad for farming, but there are fastest builds. Still probably best sin build overall right now.
But if you compare to other classes.
It is more "competitive" in places where you fight in corridor, monsters coming from one direction, so for example quite good in rifts (also because it can be extremely tanky).
youtube.com/ae1337
Waffle1209
Sasquatch
62 | 2
This build has been the most fun I have had in Median. I am 129 atm with around only 6k dex. Still need to fill my wormhole and treasure.

The hardest part I find is capping FBR and FHR. I have been trying to fill wormhole with some combat speed shrines so I can roll some more useful stats on my crafted armors.

I am also struggling to find eth bases for my Xis rw's. I still have yet o to find a balanced knife or a decent chest piece. Any tips on farming these? When I do finally get an eth knife woud putting something like UMO warbringer be better then ED?

Thanks for the build idea! It has been a blast.
Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
I might be doing something wrong, but my maelstrom assassin is struggling in torajan jungle at 110. I have void rw in sacred balance knife. abandon craft/blessed leather armor, boots, leather gloves and sash, and hexward shield. I feel my dex is horribly low due to needing the increased strength for the crafts. Its roughly sitting at around 1250. What should I do at this point? My skill build is 8 points maelstrom, maxed perfect being, wotp, doom, prismatic cload, 1 point in beacon, and a few points in blink, queen of blades, and shadow refuge. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!