Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
BaraLover
Rust Claw
83 | 1
Faipz wrote:Which are the Breakpoints i should aim for? i got max ias (92 is ez tho), 109 fhr (280 is too hard..?)

...and only 75% fbr - i feel that might be a problem since im getting locked down a lot...

More FBR if you have the room to spare, you only need 55% more to get the last FBR breakpoint with Baneblade.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
BaraLover wrote:
Faipz wrote:Which are the Breakpoints i should aim for? i got max ias (92 is ez tho), 109 fhr (280 is too hard..?)

...and only 75% fbr - i feel that might be a problem since im getting locked down a lot...

More FBR if you have the room to spare, you only need 55% more to get the last FBR breakpoint with Baneblade.

Yep. If going for Max Block, the FBR BP is gonna be easier to hit.

Also, 92% IAS is for Crystal Swords. You need 129% for Warp Blades.

appuru wrote:
► Show Spoiler

GG
Faipz
Prowler
16 | 0
how am i supposed to kill Astrogha with this build? Guide says charged strike but a) i dont have that and b) it deals AoE as well..?

Im currently just blinking on her and attacking with moon strike....but that takes like 5 hours straight Oo
BaraLover
Rust Claw
83 | 1
Faipz wrote:how am i supposed to kill Astrogha with this build? Guide says charged strike but a) i dont have that and b) it deals AoE as well..?

Im currently just blinking on her and attacking with moon strike....but that takes like 5 hours straight Oo

What I did was take note of where Astrogha's position is. His AI only activates when you're in his line of sight so he doesn't do anything if he can't see you. You can use this to your advantage as his AI deactivates once his HP bar disappears (you'll know if it's deactivated if he stops spawning statues and sits there). So keep taking note of his position, try to get him in a position that's pretty close to a tunnel so you don't have to waste a teleport, cast Fusillade and teleport away from him in a tunnel that's facing towards him so he doesn't spawn the statues near him but allows your fusillade to still hit him. I did this for about ~15-20 minutes and he went down pretty easily. Of course this depends on what gear you have, I did this with Shark(Xis) and a few of the endgame pieces of armor. This is probably a bad way of doing it but it worked for me and I'm just gonna stick with it.
somberlaindx
Skeleton
2 | 0
So is Starhawk mainly used in the elemental build for the skills -ERes and avoid because I don't see the 800-1k dmg types being added to anything but normal attack...
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
how do you deal with the Mana issues using the elemental build. the physical build doesn't use that much at all. why does elemental use more?
skrig
Balrog
128 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
800-1000 per element are added to all attacks, 3 of them affected by ur elemental pierce. it is not as strong as phys, base damage wise, only spell procs might save the situation, did not try rainbow soso in new reality :mrgreen:

elemental just leeches less mana, cuz she gets less EWD/phys dmg :D so farnham marble umos ftw :lol:
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
skrig wrote:800-1000 per element are added to all attacks, 3 of them affected by ur elemental pierce. it is not as strong as phys, base damage wise, only spell procs might save the situation, did not try rainbow soso in new reality :mrgreen:

elemental just leeches less mana, cuz she gets less EWD/phys dmg :D so farnham marble umos ftw :lol:

you'd think elemental would clear quicker with all those procs, or am i wrong?. and yeah you are right. stacking farnham umos would probably fix the mana issue with some mana regen..
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
somberlaindx wrote:So is Starhawk mainly used in the elemental build for the skills -ERes and avoid because I don't see the 800-1k dmg types being added to anything but normal attack...

The damage is being applied, but Main Attack is gonna show higher LCS numbers b/c it deals 100% weapon damage, whereas Bladestorm only deals 35% (flat Elemental damage is affected by a skill's WDM). Additionally, your buffs won't boost flat Elemental damage, so LCS will only show a negligible damage increase when, say, Moonstrike is active.

Dru wrote:how do you deal with the Mana issues using the elemental build. the physical build doesn't use that much at all. why does elemental use more?

MoA orbs on your weapon and Mana Regen orbs on jewelry would be the simplest solution.

Sustain is a bigger problem for the Elemental setup b/c you're doing so little Phys damage that you're hardly leeching any resources. So focus on LoA/MoA, LaeK/MaeK, and LoS/MoS rather than LL/ML.
skrig
Balrog
128 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Dru wrote:
skrig wrote:800-1000 per element are added to all attacks, 3 of them affected by ur elemental pierce. it is not as strong as phys, base damage wise, only spell procs might save the situation, did not try rainbow soso in new reality :mrgreen:

you'd think elemental would clear quicker with all those procs, or am i wrong?. and yeah you are right. stacking farnham umos would probably fix the mana issue with some mana regen..

I said I dunno :D probably no, most of procs were nurfed to unviability, pick Stormflyer for example, it is now 25% vs former 50%. Other procs even less chance. No consistency :x