Xbow Necromancer

smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Propz wrote:Also, I'm in serious need of some survival tips for Bremtown... currently have 25-30k AR depending on gear being used and 182k defense with loads of IAS and FHR courtesy of jewels/MOs/Wolf Stance (Gelebs/Maffers)... yet I'm still getting wtfrekt here. Currently at lvl 127 I have maxed widow/dragonfire/death ward/embalming and 1 pointed famine/talon's hold/Rathma's Chosen... with leftover points in Death Pact for added defense. Gear wise, I'm rockin royal circelt/arathas oracle/hwanins or crafted stinger/Larzuk quiver/ erawan plate mail (soon to be Rebel"Xis")/truce/geleb/maffer/ripstar/and rare ring....How can I improve survivabilty from here?

Since ur def is to low to tank on ur own, summon anything at the edge of the screen ahead of u and just kill from distance. Repeat after every new screen.
HeroicDose
Lava Lord
94 | 1
made an xbow necro today. got him to 113 right now, currently sitting in achilios set, teganze pendant, and random rings. currently waiting for umos to sell so i can afford to properly gear him. essentially so far everything was a piece of cake up until cows, where for the first time i cant really solo it on more than p1. my sheet dps is about 4k, 7k life, like 6k AR (disgusting ik)....was really enjoying it up until this point but now the AR is killing me til i can properly gear.

why is hwanins listed as for farming and all the others only suggested for single target?
Adyxxx
Prowler
18 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
HeroicDose wrote:made an xbow necro today. got him to 113 right now, currently sitting in achilios set, teganze pendant, and random rings. currently waiting for umos to sell so i can afford to properly gear him. essentially so far everything was a piece of cake up until cows, where for the first time i cant really solo it on more than p1. my sheet dps is about 4k, 7k life, like 6k AR (disgusting ik)....was really enjoying it up until this point but now the AR is killing me til i can properly gear.

why is hwanins listed as for farming and all the others only suggested for single target?

Because of the 4% proc which is scaling based of the first crowsbow skill .
Vvvxi
Prowler
18 | 0
HeroicDose wrote:made an xbow necro today. got him to 113 right now, currently sitting in achilios set, teganze pendant, and random rings. currently waiting for umos to sell so i can afford to properly gear him. essentially so far everything was a piece of cake up until cows, where for the first time i cant really solo it on more than p1. my sheet dps is about 4k, 7k life, like 6k AR (disgusting ik)....was really enjoying it up until this point but now the AR is killing me til i can properly gear.

I recommend using athulua amulet. Good roll gives over 200% ar plus 2 skills and 20 uninterruptable atk, some ias and lots of MO space. I use it still at 126 with almost full BiS gear. And in my opinion using runewords like erawan and crafted gear is better than xbow set.
HeroicDose
Lava Lord
94 | 1
Vvvxi wrote:

I recommend using athulua amulet. Good roll gives over 200% ar plus 2 skills and 20 uninterruptable atk, some ias and lots of MO space. I use it still at 126 with almost full BiS gear. And in my opinion using runewords like erawan and crafted gear is better than xbow set.

oh no doubt. the only reason im using achilios at all is because i had a full set just sitting around and i made the toon today. once my auctions end i should have enough to have a good chunk of the recommended endgame gear.

as far as AR goes right now im strongly considering using metalhead so i dont have to worry about it at all.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
HeroicDose wrote:
Vvvxi wrote:

oh no doubt. the only reason im using achilios at all is because i had a full set just sitting around and i made the toon today. once my auctions end i should have enough to have a good chunk of the recommended endgame gear.

as far as AR goes right now im strongly considering using metalhead so i dont have to worry about it at all.

Just so you know, ignore target defense doesnt work on bosses.
HeroicDose
Lava Lord
94 | 1
Istaryu wrote:
HeroicDose wrote:
Vvvxi wrote:

Just so you know, ignore target defense doesnt work on bosses.

its gonna be awhile before i do any bosses on him. charms up to 130 id just farm on another toon.
HeroicDose
Lava Lord
94 | 1
when trying to craft larzuks bandolier, can i do the 1ac upgrade on a different quiver or will that just continue to give me the same one?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
HeroicDose wrote:when trying to craft larzuks bandolier, can i do the 1ac upgrade on a different quiver or will that just continue to give me the same one?

That is uptier recipe. Quivers dont have tiers.
HeroicDose
Lava Lord
94 | 1
when talking about mid level gear, i think
Achilios' Refuge
Achilios' Refuge
Studded Leather (Sacred)

Defense: (4784 - 5980) to (5186 - 6482)
Required Level: 90
Required Strength: 550
Item Level: 1
+(1 to 2) to Necromancer Skill Levels