Xbow Necromancer

Paladin
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
HeroicDose wrote:
Vvvxi wrote:
HeroicDose wrote:made an xbow necro today. got him to 113 right now, currently sitting in achilios set, teganze pendant, and random rings. currently waiting for umos to sell so i can afford to properly gear him. essentially so far everything was a piece of cake up until cows, where for the first time i cant really solo it on more than p1. my sheet dps is about 4k, 7k life, like 6k AR (disgusting ik)....was really enjoying it up until this point but now the AR is killing me til i can properly gear.

why is hwanins listed as for farming and all the others only suggested for single target?

I recommend using athulua amulet. Good roll gives over 200% ar plus 2 skills and 20 uninterruptable atk, some ias and lots of MO space. I use it still at 126 with almost full BiS gear. And in my opinion using runewords like erawan and crafted gear is better than xbow set.

oh no doubt. the only reason im using achilios at all is because i had a full set just sitting around and i made the toon today. once my auctions end i should have enough to have a good chunk of the recommended endgame gear.

as far as AR goes right now im strongly considering using metalhead so i dont have to worry about it at all.

try getting AR on every crafted jewel. also AR orbs for the weapon are totally fine imo.

edit:
Witchhunter's Hood
Witchhunter's Hood
Cap (Sacred)

Defense: (2136 - 2611) to (2161 - 2642)
Required Level: 90
Required Strength:
Item Level: 1
+(80 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Elemental Resists +(31 to 40)%
Physical Resist 5%
(16 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)

Witchhunter's Attire
(Assassin Claw Set)
is also nice for some bonus AR and has nice overall stats (as the guide already recommended)
HeroicDose
Lava Lord
94 | 1
Paladin wrote:
HeroicDose wrote:
Vvvxi wrote:
HeroicDose wrote:made an xbow necro today. got him to 113 right now, currently sitting in achilios set, teganze pendant, and random rings. currently waiting for umos to sell so i can afford to properly gear him. essentially so far everything was a piece of cake up until cows, where for the first time i cant really solo it on more than p1. my sheet dps is about 4k, 7k life, like 6k AR (disgusting ik)....was really enjoying it up until this point but now the AR is killing me til i can properly gear.

why is hwanins listed as for farming and all the others only suggested for single target?

I recommend using athulua amulet. Good roll gives over 200% ar plus 2 skills and 20 uninterruptable atk, some ias and lots of MO space. I use it still at 126 with almost full BiS gear. And in my opinion using runewords like erawan and crafted gear is better than xbow set.

oh no doubt. the only reason im using achilios at all is because i had a full set just sitting around and i made the toon today. once my auctions end i should have enough to have a good chunk of the recommended endgame gear.

as far as AR goes right now im strongly considering using metalhead so i dont have to worry about it at all.

try getting AR on every crafted jewel. also AR orbs for the weapon are totally fine imo.

edit:
Witchhunter's Hood
Witchhunter's Hood
Cap (Sacred)

Required Strength:
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Physical Resist 5%
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)

Witchhunter's Attire
(Assassin Claw Set)
is also nice for some bonus AR and has nice overall stats (as the guide already recommended)

man, is it even worth it to run royal circlet or whatever if you have to put every jewel for AR? seems like running metalhead and having the ability to take other jewels would outweight the stats on it, but im not sure how losing the damage to undead/demons would fare
Paladin
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
HeroicDose wrote:
Paladin wrote:
HeroicDose wrote:
Vvvxi wrote:

edit:
Witchhunter's Hood
Witchhunter's Hood
Cap (Sacred)

Required Strength:
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Physical Resist 5%
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)

Witchhunter's Attire
(Assassin Claw Set)

man, is it even worth it to run royal circlet or whatever if you have to put every jewel for AR? seems like running metalhead and having the ability to take other jewels would outweight the stats on it, but im not sure how losing the damage to undead/demons would fare

I'm mainly using royal circ because of the 5% bonus attr (in comparison to witchhunters hood) and the mf for farming. The damage to undead/demons looks massive but I never felt a big difference in clearing/farming speed when switching from witchhunters to royal circ.
Metalhead lacks the attributes alongside other things but I guess it is totally fine for farming, never tried it.
As for Jewels with the metalhead approach Lem crafted jewels or tir crafted with 2% str and/or flat str could work out really well. :D
I personally don't think AR is a "wasted" stat on jewels though so I rolled it on every jewel, because I don't like switching out too much gear for farming/doing bosses. Only a personal preference though.
HeroicDose
Lava Lord
94 | 1
Paladin wrote:
HeroicDose wrote:
Paladin wrote:
HeroicDose wrote:
Vvvxi wrote:

edit:
Witchhunter's Hood
Witchhunter's Hood
Cap (Sacred)

Required Strength:
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Physical Resist 5%
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)

Witchhunter's Attire
(Assassin Claw Set)

I'm mainly using royal circ because of the 5% bonus attr (in comparison to witchhunters hood) and the mf for farming. The damage to undead/demons looks massive but I never felt a big difference in clearing/farming speed when switching from witchhunters to royal circ.
Metalhead lacks the attributes alongside other things but I guess it is totally fine for farming, never tried it.
As for Jewels with the metalhead approach Lem crafted jewels or tir crafted with 2% str and/or flat str could work out really well. :D
I personally don't think AR is a "wasted" stat on jewels though so I rolled it on every jewel, because I don't like switching out too much gear for farming/doing bosses. Only a personal preference though.

yeah i never really noticed damage to undead/demons make much difference on my other toons which is why i was thinking maybe metalhead could be better. would really need a number cruncher to get in and weight in since thats not my thing
Propz
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Leftover points... which ends up being more beneficial in your opinion.... Rathma's Chosen? Talon's Hold? or Death Pact?
Paladin
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Propz wrote:Leftover points... which ends up being more beneficial in your opinion.... Rathma's Chosen? Talon's Hold? or Death Pact?

depends on what you are lacking the most at that point. depending on how many leftover points you have, you can just keep them until you reach higher levels (+1 max skill level each 6 level iirc), so you can keep all must have skills to the max at all times
Moasseman
Cog
214 | 14
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
HeroicDose wrote:
yeah i never really noticed damage to undead/demons make much difference on my other toons which is why i was thinking maybe metalhead could be better. would really need a number cruncher to get in and weight in since thats not my thing

AR% doesn't really take a slot of anything important on a jewel and with charms + decent gear, you don't need AR% on every slot. On top of this, ITD does nothing against bosses/uniques, so it's only usable for pure farming. Circlet also boasts higher MF which is always nice to have.
Skiz0
Cultist
23 | 0
More AR in jewels, less DEX, more STR, in my opinion!

And the royal circle you can feel the dmg in Dunc!
Lippy58
Imp
5 | 0
Skiz0 wrote:More AR in jewels, less DEX, more STR, in my opinion!

And the royal circle you can feel the dmg in Dunc!

Yes, I just found my Circlet and the difference in my Dunc clears is very noticeable.
Propz
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Some rly good tips offered in here.... has helped tremendously... just kind of curious how people approach fauzt... I tried dumping leftover skills in Talons Hold for the slows target for necrobots as recommended as an option in the guide.... I'm using Rebel Xis/Royal Circ/Hwanin/Larzuk/Hammerfist/Wind Runner (sometimes Geleb/Maffer)/Ripstar/Rare ring/Athulas Oracle/Truce or crafted belt... everything MO'd with ed and such as well as socketed with dual leech jewels... and I still find find necrobots causing a lot of issues. I have over 25k AR, tons of leech and about 180k def (not sure how to make this much higher until better gear is found) but a few shots from necrobots ez's me. I try the usual widow/death shard combo but I feel fragile af...