Melee Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Dru wrote:do you know if the proc on
Orb of Annihilation
Orb of Annihilation
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
10% Chance to cast level 1 Detonate on Melee Attack
+5% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
5% to Energy
+10 Required Level
is good? level 1 to detonate???

It wasn't that great back when Dentonators' Detonate was a 1hko. So I imagine it's worse now. The AoE is really small, too.
Peterhausen
Skeleton
3 | 0
First off, great guide, helps me as a first time player a LOT.

A question tho, im not sure if im missing smth, but Im putting points as in the guide (Moonstrike, Fussilade, Baneblade, Warp Armor, Living flame and rest 1 point each). Im lvl 95ish and have a lot of spare skillpoints. Why is that? Do I just dump some points into smth else until it changes? (I assume that with higher lvl, I wont have those spare points anymore)
Selenis
Destroyer
6 | 0
Peterhausen wrote:First off, great guide, helps me as a first time player a LOT.

A question tho, im not sure if im missing smth, but Im putting points as in the guide (Moonstrike, Fussilade, Baneblade, Warp Armor, Living flame and rest 1 point each). Im lvl 95ish and have a lot of spare skillpoints. Why is that? Do I just dump some points into smth else until it changes? (I assume that with higher lvl, I wont have those spare points anymore)

Once you get to uber quests, some of the rewards will give you "Increase Max Skill Lvl by 1"

This way you will be able to distribute your extra points eventually.

What I did untill then though was raising Familiar for the Bonus Skill lvl buff.
Just make sure to respec eventually.
Peterhausen
Skeleton
3 | 0
Ah I see, thx!
JetJet
Abomination
149 | 0
did most of 120 and 25 ubers with honorifics and crafts pretty op , maybe set is even better but idk. so far so good. i like the steel punisher sword but the armor you suggested doesn't feel that strong maybe it helps clear fast with rainbow socket but i have trouble doing bosses with it. actually i changed my mind, doing uldyssian with rouge+dervish is so easy, i just run around and spam fullsiblade whenever it's up, i don't even need to spam when war spirit just procs it.
Kaly_
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
Hello there. First of all thanks for the guide. It helped me alot to get into median xl and the melee sorc. Im lvl 124 now and currently using honorific gear and weapon, but i felt my clear speed of 30mins+ for 3k3 and duncraig is way to high so i decided to craft a rare warp blade

This is what i came up with for now:

I used abandoned shrine to craft it but now im not sure what to bless it with.

Either abandoned aswell or intimidating/weird shrine. i dont know much about the scaling of either and also if intimidating +20% requirement increases required level to use ? it would take away a few options for MOs if so.

Advice on how to proceed would be very much appreciated :)
Thanks in advance
skrig
Balrog
128 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
it does not affect required level, bless this with hidden (chance for funny reanimz) or abandoned
JetJet
Abomination
149 | 0
intimidating will make it 200% so no need to use mo and give ds, i think that's the best option if ur lacking clear spd
Kaly_
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
skrig wrote:it does not affect required level, bless this with hidden (chance for funny reanimz) or abandoned

thanks for clarification on the req. lvl ! the revives would mainly function as meat shield i suppose ? or do they actually deal damage too, or may even give usefull buffs ? 1% chance seems pretty low tho to me ?!
Kaly_
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
JetJet wrote:intimidating will make it 200% so no need to use mo and give ds, i think that's the best option if ur lacking clear spd

i see. i thought i could bypass the 200% limit with blessing. thanks for the heads up :D !!

atm i have 0% DS . would 5% make a difference ? bladestorm converts 81% dmg to magic with current gear, so my assumption is it wouldnt do much compared to lets say CB ? what am i missing ? (on the other hand CB doesnt work on bosses right ?)

edit: i use Jah Runes as socket filler. would P rainbow gems be better then ?

decisions to make :bounce:

editedit: i read up on up on DS . double damage to phys is applied before conversion. now it makes sense to me that you suggested it :) thanks again !
Edited by Kaly_ 4 years.