Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
thysick wrote:Cant beleive theres no throwing guide other then scorpion in the guide section...

This build is pretty much self-explanatory. Look at maelstrom. You see it scales with dex, so you want dex, a lot. 1 point beacon, some in blink for lower cd, max perfect being, doom, prismatic cloak, tiefling form (after you reach around 40% block), and put as many in maelstrom as you want, because the mana cost is high. As for gear, for weapon Void rw is a must have, mo it with life after kill for some sustain. In other slots: dex everywhere. Just look at the item list, and use what gives dex (for example, griswold armor is not too bad, tu skull cap, tu light belt, tu chain glove, tu heavy boots or light plated boots, tu totem shield, later abandoned crafts, or witchhunter hood for helm, hexward for shield). You can also use honorfic items mo'd with fhr, flat dmg, dex, they are just as good as the bad tus, or even better because of the fhr.
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Istaryu wrote:griswold armor is not too bad, tu skull cap, tu light belt, tu chain glove, tu heavy boots or light plated boots, tu totem shield, later abandoned crafts, or witchhunter hood for helm, hexward for shield). You can also use honorfic items mo'd with fhr, flat dmg, dex, they are just as good as the bad tus, or even better because of the fhr.

Good points all around, except I disagree with TU light belt (honorific t4 sash is superior in every way, or t2 even, if you have healing figured out, for a couple more MOs), for boots I recommend TU Chain boots (280str is not that much, Griswold's armor requires about the same, a few lowlvl charms and 6 Tal runes in your shield should do the trick) for +life, +mana and allstats (str is not really needed after reaching 280 for earlygame ubers, but vit and ene can add some minor edge to life and mana issues). For gloves, TU chains are okay, but I am traditionally give all my glove slots for honorifics on 90% of my chars for the earlygame (even sometimes spending a crystal or two to make a t4 honorific from Normal Shenk). Just look at what lvlreq 101 (almost analogous to SU) t4 honorific leather gloves / sash can provide:

20% dex (10% for sash, but t4 is still mandatory for potion slots)
50 dex
50 str (can be replaced by 10-20 dmg once you start getting charms)
60% fhr / fbr
30% allres
1% phys res (is marginally easier to roll on a honorific than on TU)
All this stuff for a fistful of gold. And it evolves with you too, and remains a good boy piece of gear until about 121 when Dunc kicks in. MO with MF after 101 for a bit of farming edge.
thysick
Pit Knight
115 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Bljadzon wrote:
Istaryu wrote:griswold armor is not too bad, tu skull cap, tu light belt, tu chain glove, tu heavy boots or light plated boots, tu totem shield, later abandoned crafts, or witchhunter hood for helm, hexward for shield). You can also use honorfic items mo'd with fhr, flat dmg, dex, they are just as good as the bad tus, or even better because of the fhr.

Good points all around, except I disagree with TU light belt (honorific t4 sash is superior in every way, or t2 even, if you have healing figured out, for a couple more MOs), for boots I recommend TU Chain boots (280str is not that much, Griswold's armor requires about the same, a few lowlvl charms and 6 Tal runes in your shield should do the trick) for +life, +mana and allstats (str is not really needed after reaching 280 for earlygame ubers, but vit and ene can add some minor edge to life and mana issues). For gloves, TU chains are okay, but I am traditionally give all my glove slots for honorifics on 90% of my chars for the earlygame (even sometimes spending a crystal or two to make a t4 honorific from Normal Shenk). Just look at what lvlreq 101 (almost analogous to SU) t4 honorific leather gloves / sash can provide:

20% dex (10% for sash, but t4 is still mandatory for potion slots)
50 dex
50 str (can be replaced by 10-20 dmg once you start getting charms)
60% fhr / fbr
30% allres
1% phys res (is marginally easier to roll on a honorific than on TU)
All this stuff for a fistful of gold. And it evolves with you too, and remains a good boy piece of gear until about 121 when Dunc kicks in. MO with MF after 101 for a bit of farming edge.

Ill check making honorific gloves.. yu chain gloves i love the AR on them.
Just started hell k3k.. doing good. Will surely get good stuff.
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
dude im running like the worst gear ever on my assassin and im able to clear out dunc pretty quick.
https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=mary
riskfactor
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
Is
Void (Xis)
really that much of an upgrade over
Void
Void
Weapons

'Sur'
Runeword Level: 75
Adds 7-13 Damage
+(58 to 72)% Enhanced Damage
Slow Target 20%
Regenerate Mana +15%
Cold Resist +40%
Physical Damage Reduced by (11 to 15)
+(3 to 5) Mana on Striking
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
? The biggest difference seems to be physical damage, but that wouldn't seem to be very important for Maelstrom. You could also lose some mana on striking and you will have fewer MO slots. Am I missing something?
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
riskfactor wrote:Is
Void (Xis)
Void
Void
Weapons

'Sur'
Adds 7-13 Damage
Slow Target 20%
Regenerate Mana +15%
Cold Resist +40%
? The biggest difference seems to be physical damage, but that wouldn't seem to be very important for Maelstrom. You could also lose some mana on striking and you will have fewer MO slots. Am I missing something?

Not the big one, but still very desirable (extra slow for farming, plus some damage - don't forget, bonus damage is a bonus, there's still a Dex-affected base which gets a good deal better by upgrading). A much better use of a xis rune is
Rebel (Xis)
. Nothing else really stands out besides those two (and the 100% all stats weapon xis runeword which you can try, but mana issues may ensue).
SekiX
Skeleton
2 | 0
hey, i am playing maelstorm assassin and i am not sure if i should go with

1. ways and dex/defense/skills
or
2. tiefling and pure dex

i see people mentioning ways on earlier pages in this topic and then tiefling on later pages so i am not really sure, what are your opinions ?
riskfactor
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
Bljadzon wrote:
riskfactor wrote:Is
Void (Xis)
Void
Void
Weapons

'Sur'
Adds 7-13 Damage
Slow Target 20%
Regenerate Mana +15%
Cold Resist +40%

Not the big one, but still very desirable (extra slow for farming, plus some damage - don't forget, bonus damage is a bonus, there's still a Dex-affected base which gets a good deal better by upgrading). A much better use of a xis rune is
Rebel (Xis)
. Nothing else really stands out besides those two (and the 100% all stats weapon xis runeword which you can try, but mana issues may ensue).

I was considering
Rebel (Xis)
, but it seemed like I could get a lot more dex with a good craft roll w/ 6 P amethests. The one I have now gives +64% dex on about 1550 flat dex so +992 dex.
Rebel (Xis)
would give +250 flat dex with (my current) +213% dex for +782 dex total. Unless I'm doing the math wrong with how +% dex works.
itssalsatime
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Does 2% poison spell damage / 2% fire spell damage increase maelstrom dmg?
I assume it does?
Was thinking of putting them on rings/amulet