Players 8 in SP

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
ilska
Prowler
16 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
i was asking for the reason why there is no /p 8 in sp, not mp
Temptaz
Gravedigger
197 | 2
Seekers wrote:Players command doesnt work anymore. This it not a bug.

RIP
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
ilska wrote:i was asking for the reason why there is no /p 8 in sp, not mp

oh, well mostly its for the balancing reasons, balancing the game around p8 setting was impossible and the exploit of it to gain exp was just too great, so we had to remove it.

But before you start, this topic has been discussed over a 100 times by a lot of people and there is no way to bring p8 command back even for just sp.
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
FuriousBEAR
Cog
204 | 11
That is a damn shame.
revolut1oN
Lava Lord
94 | 2
Wouldn't the decrease of exp gain solve the issue? Cut it to like 125% of normal experience on P8. Most guys played that for drop increase chance anyways, not for exp. At the moment it is impossible to create a really endgame char in single player within reasonable amount of time. You are either forced to trade (which is basically impossible in single as single player trade = dupe and if you ask me copying best items and sending them to others is far more pathological than players8) or invest 99999999 hours in vain hope that you get something rare.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
revolut1oN wrote:Wouldn't the decrease of exp gain solve the issue? Cut it to like 125% of normal experience on P8. Most guys played that for drop increase chance anyways, not for exp. At the moment it is impossible to create a really endgame char in single player within reasonable amount of time. You are either forced to trade (which is basically impossible in single as single player trade = dupe and if you ask me copying best items and sending them to others is far more pathological than players8) or invest 99999999 hours in vain hope that you get something rare.

to quote
Rishab wrote:
But before you start, this topic has been discussed over a 100 times by a lot of people and there is no way to bring p8 command back even for just sp.
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
- Gandhi
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
ilska wrote:Whats the command? I tried "/players 8" but it didnt work

read here on pages 2 and 3 regarding how you can increase the players count in SP up to 8 players : http://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.ph ... 8&start=10 .

then read here on the latest Sigma version changelog info (nerfs) regarding Experience gain https://www.median-xl.com/changelog.php

so , yes , you can play /players 8 in SP . it just requires more work to do it than just simply typing a "/players" command , like it did for so many years before. this method described above is impossible to be removed , so the fact that the /players command does no longer exist it does not mean that you can't have a 8 players party . it's just more annoying and time consuming to do it , nothing more

Rishab wrote:

oh, well mostly its for the balancing reasons, balancing the game around p8 setting was impossible and the exploit of it to gain exp was just too great, so we had to remove it.

so you agreed to keep allowing (up to) 8 players parties in MP (called "balancing the game" ) , but the /players 8 setting for SP is somewhat gamebreaking? :coolstorybob:

how does the real party , of actual 8 different players , is different that a single player with a /players 8 setting ? actualy , the real party is more advantaged since you got a real 8 kill power , while on the other hand for the SP /players 8 the game is more painfull since you need to do it all alone , not having any help from other real 7 players .
HeroicDose
Lava Lord
94 | 1
ChuckNoRis wrote:
ilska wrote:Whats the command? I tried "/players 8" but it didnt work

read here on pages 2 and 3 regarding how you can increase the players count in SP up to 8 players : http://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.ph ... 8&start=10 .

then read here on the latest Sigma version changelog info (nerfs) regarding Experience gain https://www.median-xl.com/changelog.php

so , yes , you can play /players 8 in SP . it just requires more work to do it than just simply typing a "/players" command , like it did for so many years before. this method described above is impossible to be removed , so the fact that the /players command does no longer exist it does not mean that you can't have a 8 players party . it's just more annoying and time consuming to do it , nothing more

Rishab wrote:

so you agreed to keep allowing (up to) 8 players parties in MP (called "balancing the game" ) , but the /players 8 setting for SP is somewhat gamebreaking? :coolstorybob:

how does the real party , of actual 8 different players , is different that a single player with a /players 8 setting ? actualy , the real party is more advantaged since you got a real 8 kill power , while on the other hand if a character is strong enough to kill and survive well enough by itself on /players 8 without needing 7 other different players in the game is more painfull since you need to do it all alone , not having any help .

any idea if you can use a .bat to open multiple instances instead of using sandboxie or w/e? the idea is that it'd open them so fast it'd get around the instance lock. i do this for botting runescape but idk how it'd fair with the launcher and whatnot
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
i knew this thread is gonna reach this place sooner or later, *sigh*
- Gandhi